What can we expect from LSU and what does it take to win this game?

Thank you. We have a good team but we’re not going to win every single game left on the schedule and that’s ok. But if you bring that up around here you’re a negavol or whatever.
I'd do cart wheels if we manage 9 wins with this defense. Still think 7 is my expectation and 8 would be a very good season. 9 would be amazing.

I'd do cart wheels if we manage 9 wins with this defense. Still think 7 is my expectation and 8 would be a very good season. 9 would be amazing.
So who left on the schedule is clearly better than UT besides UGA and Bama? LSU is next. UT is better than the rest including UK

Reactions: Stephen Gray
It's going to take more wins over legit teams for me to start becoming a homer again. I've been letdown too many times and this secondary is really bad. Just make sure you don't start blaming the coaching staff and wanting everyone fired if Tennessee loses this game or "only" wins 9 games this year.
Nine would be good. The pivot game now seems to be LSU between 9 & 10. Some talking heads are speculating about Bama and UGA but I’m not ready to think in those terms.
The best other team on the schedule is UK. UT is better than them.

And there may be coaching issues. Banks’ scheme and play calling are definitely questionable at times.

Remember. Those counting 5 losses to start the season were expecting Pitt and/or UF to be among those 5. The Vols are already plus two in the 4 toss ups that were expected to define the season

Yeah, plenty of people pre-season had those as losses. We are doing great. I see 8-4 as a worse case scenario where we drop LSU, Kentucky, Alabama, and Georgia. 9-3 is what I actually think is most likely, with losses to either LSU or Kentucky. If we beat LSU, which I think will be a tough game but one we can win with good play, then our chances of going 10-2 go way up, but I would not be shocked to go 9-3 with a loss to Kentucky. We are definitely better and should beat them most days, but a bad day and they can win.

So in order of probable outcomes in mind: 1. 9-3 (AL, GA, LSU) 2. 10-2 (AL, GA) 3. 9-3 (AL, GA, KY), 4. 8-4 (AL, GA, LSU, KY). Of course there are other possibilities including we go 11-1 or 12-0 or that we drop some games to some teams we absolutely expect, but those scenarios are very unlikely I think. 11-1 is more likely than 7-5 imho. If that happened, I think beating AL is more likely than beating GA. All of this is conjecture on my part of course, but I think reasonable.

You're suggesting they're only beating Vandy, UT Martin, and ONLY either Missouri or S Car. What complete train wreck are you predicting for only 3 more wins lol

Yeah, plenty of people pre-season had those as losses. We are doing great. I see 8-4 as a worse case scenario where we drop LSU, Kentucky, Alabama, and Georgia. 9-3 is what I actually think is most likely, with losses to either LSU or Kentucky. If we beat LSU, which I think will be a tough game but one we can win with good play, then our chances of going 10-2 go way up, but I would not be shocked to go 9-3 with a loss to Kentucky. We are definitely better and should beat them most days, but a bad day and they can win.

So in order of probable outcomes in mind: 1. 9-3 (AL, GA, LSU) 2. 10-2 (AL, GA) 3. 9-3 (AL, GA, KY), 4. 8-4 (AL, GA, LSU, KY). Of course there are other possibilities including we go 11-1 or 12-0 or that we drop some games to some teams we absolutely expect, but those scenarios are very unlikely I think. 11-1 is more likely than 7-5 imho. If that happened, I think beating AL is more likely than beating GA. All of this is conjecture on my part of course, but I think reasonable.
IMHO, UT shouldn't lose to UK. They have significant flaws on O and D that looks tailor made for UT. Ole Miss isn't good throwing the ball. Yet they had WR's running behind their secondary pretty consistently. UK still averaged under 3 ypc even with Rodriguez back. Their OL also allowed 2 more sacks to make it 16 on they year... worst in the SEC.

I guess the good news for UK fans is that Levis didn't throw another pick. Bad news is he fumbled it twice.

LSU is worrisome still following their pretty lackluster Auburn win. They're very talented on D. Their anemic O and especially OL are encouraging. Auburn outgained them significantly and lost on turnovers.

There defense is much better than ours!!! Toss up game!!!?
Oline is terrible though. I feel like Tennessee can dominate this game if they don’t have sloppy turnovers on offense. LSU qb is athletic but his line is terrible, Banks likes to send pressure so we should heat his ass up a few times in the game and force some turnovers.

VN Store

Back