Republicans Opposing Legal Immigration

The market shouldn't care the status of a worker. If a job is worth $X then that means someone is willing to work for that wage. If it's worth more then the workers will demand more. All these govt controls are simply market manipulation

No joke. You are telling me illegal immigrants are willing to work for less? Bravo, thanks for dropping knowledge of that caliber from the lord above.

It really means a lot knowing that illegal immigrants are making less in a year here compared to a good day in Guatemala. Good thing they are keeping that super deflated dollar for themselves and not sending it back home. I would hate for their currency to inflate ours.

Reactions: AM64
No joke. You are telling me illegal immigrants are willing to work for less? Bravo, thanks for dropping knowledge of that caliber from the lord above.

It really means a lot knowing that illegal immigrants are making less in a year here compared to a good day in Guatemala. Good thing they are keeping that super deflated dollar for themselves and not sending it back home. I would hate for their currency to inflate ours.
What I'm telling you is that the govt manipulating markets is not a positive. If worker X will do the job for $Y then why the need to make that impossible? That's what the job is worth and those who don't want to work for that wage can find another or develop a skill

We don't have open borders. We have government failure at the border. Saying that we have open borders and blaming it on dems is giving the entire government a complete pass for your own political purposes.

What is the failure as you see it at the border?

The market shouldn't care the status of a worker. If a job is worth $X then that means someone is willing to work for that wage. If it's worth more then the workers will demand more. All these govt controls are simply market manipulation

Obviously the status of a worker should be factored into the market. For example if you can do equal work, but I run the risk of litigation or of you not showing up because you got deported or you speak less English, all of those will be reflected in the market

Obviously the status of a worker should be factored into the market. For example if you can do equal work, but I run the risk of litigation or of you not showing up because you got deported or you speak less English, all of those will be reflected in the market
Those are only true when the govt manipulates the market as I said. Being born on the north side of a line shouldn't be a marketable skill

Reactions: LSU-SIU and Vol8188

Don't forget that all the government "safety nets" or long term welfare that supposedly doesn't exist is further competition for labor ... why work if you can get by with handouts. The other major problem that we and likely most developed countries don't address is that the cost of our labor makes us uncompetitive with counties like China and much of the rest of the world. US labor's competitor is China, Malaysia, Vietnam, Mexico, and many other places around the globe, and we are failing because we refuse to recognize the facts staring us in the face. When it's cheaper to manufacture elsewhere and ship products around the globe, you've got a problem. The problem is that you are a step away from being destitute because you are living on your laurels, spending your remaining wealth, and have no income when the well goes dry.

Reactions: Orangeburst
Which is it?

When asked by a reporter whether she believed the border was secure, Pelosi responded that she believes "we have to have a secure border," and she thinks that "the president has a plan to address that."

Reactions: AM64 and StarRaider
We don't have open borders. We have government failure at the border. Saying that we have open borders and blaming it on dems is giving the entire government a complete pass for your own political purposes.

Can’t help it, who’s in the White House, in charge of the Senate and Congress?

Reactions: AM64 and StarRaider
Which is it?

When asked by a reporter whether she believed the border was secure, Pelosi responded that she believes "we have to have a secure border," and she thinks that "the president has a plan to address that."

Good point; and for at least some presidents, congress made a point that presidents can't do stuff unless congress allocates money for it. Obviously pelosi and the rest of her trash buddies feel they can and should tie an opposition administration's hands at their will. That tramples all over the concept of separation of power and equal power vested in three branches of government.

Someone tell Nancy that these immigrants want to live the American Dream like she does.
Pelosi is no different of a human being than these folks who's crossing the border illegally.

Unlike pelosi, I tend to believe that many crossing the border (even illegally) are reasonably honest (if you neglect trespassing) and decent people willing to do honest work.

Reactions: EasternVol
Unlike pelosi, I tend to believe that many crossing the border (even illegally) are reasonably honest (if you neglect trespassing) and decent people willing to do honest work.
The 2 guys I helped become citizens came here illegally.
Their parents were murdered in Mexico City, Mexico. They are both contractors now and have employees. They’re definitely the type of people we want. That’s not what Nancy P wants for them. She wants sub human migrant workers that vote democrat and are slaves to the system.

There is no doubt that the Democratic Party has embraced this massive immigration. Now that is not to dispute Republican accountability. But Joe and the Dems own this massive unsustainable increase.
Create distraction and division. Democrats don’t want illegals rubbing elbows or living in their neighborhoods. See how quickly they were evicted from Martha’s Vineyard.

VN Store

Back