‘23 TN LB Arion Carter (Tennessee)

“It’s been a big whirlwind,”

“I’m really looking at the schools who have taken a serious interest in me and I’m trying to see what it’s all about with those schools.”

“It was really good experience and a good overall atmosphere. The fanbase was crazy,”

“Tennessee has a strong fanbase behind them and the coaches really had a good game plan going in. The team came together and stayed level-headed through the good and the bad.

“Even the coaches said that a few years ago that in games like that, they would learn to lose. They could tell a difference in the evolution between now and then. Seeing them develop and really come together as one to win these big ballgames is really good.”

“I liked the way they fit blocks and runs. They handled the run really well and used their hands well,”

“You can tell they are coachable as a group. Not only that, but a lot of guys got in – young guys too. They were switching in and out a lot.”

“I like coach BJ a lot. We clicked when we got on the phone and when we saw each other in person,”

“Just talking it up, you could tell it was good chemistry. Not only in talking football, but when talking about family and stuff outside of the game of football, too.”

“Everybody all around – you could tell who the Vol fans were and who weren’t. A lot of people were coming up to me and giving me a ‘go vols’ and saying they need me at Tennessee,”

“It was a good feeling to see people around me that I know love the school that offered me. I would have people that I know rooting for me because that’s their favorite team.”

“Really, just the opportunity I have to go there and to play at the highest level in the SEC. They are giving me the opportunity to come in and earn a role on their defense. They are losing people, so there’s opportunity,”

“Coach BJ was telling me they send the ‘Will’ off the edge or send him on blitzes a lot. They see that I’m a crazy blitzer and that wherever I go, I can do damage,”

“Not only that, but I have the frame to put on size to play the ‘Mike.’ I’d have to deal with linemen a lot and use my hands. So really, I play a little bit of both.”

Barely in state.
Smyrna is literally smack dab in the middle of Tennessee. He also plays on the same 7v7 team as 2 of our commitments. There’s no reason why we shouldn’t be able to close on him even with Bama being in the mix. Not saying if we don’t that the staff is at fault, but losing this guy and losing him to Bama would be a major blow

Smyrna is literally smack dab in the middle of Tennessee. He also plays on the same 7v7 team as 2 of our commitments. There’s no reason why we shouldn’t be able to close on him even with Bama being in the mix. Not saying if we don’t that the staff is at fault, but losing this guy and losing him to Bama would be a major blow
I didn kno this was gonna be no geografy taest!

“It’s been a big whirlwind,”

“I’m really looking at the schools who have taken a serious interest in me and I’m trying to see what it’s all about with those schools.”

“It was really good experience and a good overall atmosphere. The fanbase was crazy,”

“Tennessee has a strong fanbase behind them and the coaches really had a good game plan going in. The team came together and stayed level-headed through the good and the bad.

“Even the coaches said that a few years ago that in games like that, they would learn to lose. They could tell a difference in the evolution between now and then. Seeing them develop and really come together as one to win these big ballgames is really good.”

“I liked the way they fit blocks and runs. They handled the run really well and used their hands well,”

“You can tell they are coachable as a group. Not only that, but a lot of guys got in – young guys too. They were switching in and out a lot.”

“I like coach BJ a lot. We clicked when we got on the phone and when we saw each other in person,”

“Just talking it up, you could tell it was good chemistry. Not only in talking football, but when talking about family and stuff outside of the game of football, too.”

“Everybody all around – you could tell who the Vol fans were and who weren’t. A lot of people were coming up to me and giving me a ‘go vols’ and saying they need me at Tennessee,”

“It was a good feeling to see people around me that I know love the school that offered me. I would have people that I know rooting for me because that’s their favorite team.”

“Really, just the opportunity I have to go there and to play at the highest level in the SEC. They are giving me the opportunity to come in and earn a role on their defense. They are losing people, so there’s opportunity,”

“Coach BJ was telling me they send the ‘Will’ off the edge or send him on blitzes a lot. They see that I’m a crazy blitzer and that wherever I go, I can do damage,”

“Not only that, but I have the frame to put on size to play the ‘Mike.’ I’d have to deal with linemen a lot and use my hands. So really, I play a little bit of both.”

After this article was published, AP was asked if he still thinks Bama leads. His response was “Yes, but I think he is gettable. Bama has been on him hard since they offered but path is easier here.”

After this article was published, AP was asked if he still thinks Bama leads. His response was “Yes, but I think he is gettable. Bama has been on him hard since they offered but path is easier here.”

It would suck if we lost both Carter and Justin Jefferson to Alabama

Two in state talented MLB at a position we desperately need help at….. for both to go to a rival with an 82 year old coach.

Last edited:
It would suck if we lost both Carter and Justin Jefferson to Alabama

Two in state talented MLB at a position we desperately need help at….. for both to go to a rival with an 82 year old coach.

I’ve listened to Ryan Silverfield at a private work function. “We can’t compete with that school out east with the current NIL landscape” was his exact words. If he’s getting SEC offers, he’ll be playing in the SEC.

Yeah because we’ve been struggling with recruiting here lately 🙄

We have struggled a bit to land elite true DT's, LB's, and a few DB's... I am not seeing a true 5* WR yet either unless Seldon gets moved up and plays WR ... We've been doing awesome but there's plenty of need still...

We have struggled a bit to land elite true DT's, LB's, and a few DB's... I am not seeing a true 5* WR yet either unless Seldon gets moved up and plays WR ... We've been doing awesome but there's plenty of need still...

Leacock looks every bit as good as a 5*. You’re being mesmerized by stars

VN Store

Back