Anyone been to Baton Rouge before?

Worked in South Mississippi for a while on a project and had the opportunity to meet a few LSU fans. Great folks and fun to be around. It helps that we aren't rivals in anyway and have a mutual hatred of all things Alabama.

S
I’m in Dallas, and it’s a little over 6 hours there. You can get a flight round trip for $300. See what TYS is offering!
shew it’s no less than 600$ from what I could find I live in Bristol Tennessee and I looked at TYS tri cities charlotte and Asheville I’ll ride in the cargo if I have to 😂

Reactions: volwindy
S

shew it’s no less than 600$ from what I could find I live in Bristol Tennessee and I looked at TYS tri cities charlotte and Asheville I’ll ride in the cargo if I have to 😂
I’m sorry, man! We are rolling out by car early Friday morning! Tickets are still available if you decide to go!

hey you all enjoy it if it was a few hours closer I’d do the same 11 and a half hour drive for us who knows stranger things have happened might see ya down there lol

And it being at 11am CT kinda don’t want to pay 2,000 round trip for two if it was 8pm then hmm that may be different!

A few of our faves:
Creole House. Save room for pecan cobbler!
Lucy's retired surfer bar. Local dive with reasonably priced great bar food.
Willie Mae's Scotch House for fried chicken.
Desi Vega. Best steak I've ever had.
Commander's Palace.
Daisy Dukes. B'fast
Ruby Sleeper. B'fast
Oceania is ok.

We did not like Tujagues or Mister B's Bistro even though both had good stars.
Creole House looks good!! And if I check in on Yelp, free dessert!

I've been wanting to try Ruby's, we have them here in Charlotte, but called Ruby's Sunshine. So I'll have to wait for them.

Reactions: McDad
And it being at 11am CT kinda don’t want to pay 2,000 round trip for two if it was 8pm then hmm that may be different!
I get it! This trip is great for us on the west side of LA, because we can go down and be back the same day with the 11 AM kick!

Reactions: Vols1498
Looking for things to do on Friday/early Saturday. Anything local that’s must-see or do? Also, parking suggestions? I’m aware the last time the Vols visited was 2010, but if someone can recall anything memorable, I’d appreciate it!
Traffic sucks, parking sucks, food doesn't suck. Been there for 3 games, it is loud.

Traffic sucks, parking sucks, food doesn't suck. Been there for 3 games, it is loud.
What would you say is the average price per parking? Thinking about signing up for the UT alumni tailgate to get free parking to avoid that issue.

Whats the estimated time it will take coming from NOLA morning of the game?

There are two possible ways to get to Baton Rouge I-10 and I-12; both would take about 1.5 hours in regular traffic; I would suggest 2 to 2.5 because everyone is thinking the same thing. Get there early, find a parking place, get some great food and find the group of people wearing O&W...have fun.

What would you say is the average price per parking? Thinking about signing up for the UT alumni tailgate to get free parking to avoid that issue.
$20 to $50, depending on how far you are willing to walk. LSU has a parking map on its website. I found a spot in front of Ingram Library that was free :)

corn dog coworker of mine recommended these places in BR:

Mike Anderson's
Elsie's Plate & Pie
Ruffinos
Olive or Twist Bar + Kitchen

I have eaten at Willie Mae's and it is excellent. Although Big Mama didn't play baseball and they do not serve scotch

S

You may want to look at some alternate airports in Louisiana.

I'm flying into Alexandria, LA since it took a lot less FF miles to get there than Baton Rouge or New Orleans. Gulfport/Biloxi & Lafayette are other options

Go to George’s restaurant under the bridge right by campus on Friday night for some damn good creole cooking. It’s a dump. And it’s delicious. just a random idea…. It’ll be packed and you’ll thank me.

George’s is a gay bar…

It's been about 6 years since I've been to a game at LSU, but I recall a couple of nice restaurants downtown (on the riverfront). One was a rooftop sushi restaurant if you're into that. If not, it had some really strong drinks and a nice outside patio with a view.

They do their own version of the Vol walk, but doesn't compare. Their 'Golden Girls' are quite nice to look at though...
The sushi bar is called Sunami and it is on the top floor of the Shaw center downtown. Rooftop bar is great for drinks overlooking the Mississippi River at sunset. Stoubees is right around the corner from there.

I spent last night in the arms of a girl from Louisiana and though I'm out on the highway, my thoughts are still with her. . . I'm stopping every hundred, calling Baton Rouge.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

VN Store

Back