Anyone been to Baton Rouge before?

There are two “different “ George’s in Btr, one is a gay bar one is not. The one he is talking about is the restaurant( not gay bar) on Perkins road by the overpass

The one under the bridge by campus is definitely the gay bar

Jubans in BR
Superior Bar and Grille in BR
Juban’s is good. I’ve eaten there a few times. One of my early favorites was Ralph and Kackoo’s (sp?), had lunch there on my first interview trip to BR in 1976 (thanks Exxon) but it went downhill before we moved to Houston in 2000.

Reactions: McDad
Juban’s is good. I’ve eaten there a few times. One of my early favorites was Ralph and Kackoo’s (sp?), had lunch there on my first interview trip to BR in 1976 (thanks Exxon) but it went downhill before we moved to Houston in 2000.
I almost mentioned Ralph and Kackoos but checked reviews and it's closed.

Shame. It was good back in the day.

Reactions: RavinDave
Middendorf’s was one of our favorites for seafood. They have more than one location now but I believe it was in Manchac where we would go, and enjoy their special thin-fried catfish or whole broiled flounder. It’s about the same distance from BR or NOLA but the one in Slidell would be closer to NOLA.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
I posted in another thread if you have time on Friday to go to Jerry Lee’s on Greenwell Springs rd if you want the best boudin around, their cracklins and jerkey is pretty good too. Roux 61 has pretty good food and I havent seen it mentioned yet

If you are flying into Alexandria or Lafayette on the drive to BR you should stop at Billy’s and get their boudin egg rolls or pepperjack cheese stuffed boudin balls

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
This will be my 3rd trip to Tiger Stadium, I have great old friends in Alexandria that furnish me with tickets and lodging. Any of you going through Alexandria to Baton Rouge stop and grab a bite and a brew at Hotheads Crawfish (so good) ! The Word Of Mouth Cafe is also a great place to grab a good meal.

Reactions: txvol19
I posted in another thread if you have time on Friday to go to Jerry Lee’s on Greenwell Springs rd if you want the best boudin around, their cracklins and jerkey is pretty good too. Roux 61 has pretty good food and I havent seen it mentioned yet

If you are flying into Alexandria or Lafayette on the drive to BR you should stop at Billy’s and get their boudin egg rolls or pepperjack cheese stuffed boudin balls
We are driving into Baton Rouge from Dallas, so we are stopping at Billy's in Krotz Springs.

Reactions: Stockeaux
Stay far away from NO. It’s a crap hole and dangerous as hell right now.

BR is a great town. Friday dinner can literally be anywhere that is local. Creole House is good. On Saturday morning, just bring some cash to the stadium. LSU fans are good about sharing food. I always throw them a few bucks here and there but you will get some great tailgating Cajun food.

Reactions: UT_Dutchman
Stay far away from NO. It’s a crap hole and dangerous as hell right now.

BR is a great town. Friday dinner can literally be anywhere that is local. Creole House is good. On Saturday morning, just bring some cash to the stadium. LSU fans are good about sharing food. I always throw them a few bucks here and there but you will get some great tailgating Cajun food.
Thanks for the tips! Wife and I are going to the UT Alumni tailgate at Walk-On's on Sat. AM. May hit up some LSU people on the way to the stadium.

I'd recommend a Glock 23 with a side order of 5 extra magazines... Just saying...

GO VOLS!!!!

VN Store

Back