Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on previous film, it would have been incompetence to not force AR to throw over letting him run. Play zone, and everyone watches the QB. We then played man on multiple 4th down plays and still got beat. I am of the opinion that indeed a big issue is personnel. We are playing a lot of guys who haven’t really played much. I guess we just throw the development of Taylor and Theo out the window. Just like the offense has to play together for everything to work (Tillman’s injury from a high throw because a DL was grabbing Hooker’s collar), the defense is the same. Coaching can always get better, but I don’t believe that is the sole problem.

Agree , I am not buying the narrative that I seen posted on VN about that T Banks schemed this D to let AR beat us with his arm. Our secondary is just that bad. We seen the same thing in the Pitts game, Solvis had almost 300 yds before he got hurt. I dont think too many people is buying the story that Heup or Banks went into this game saying let AR try to beat us with his arm. Once any DC seen AR going off like that would adjust to slow it down but that did not happen. VN can blast away at me but Banks nor Willie is the answer. Secondary is just bad, they do not even attempt to look for the ball and go back when Willie was here with Butch, his DBs never looked back for the ball.
I think Banks did scheme to make AR beat us with his arm. . . but a couple things happened that he didn't count on. AR learned how to throw the ball a little and our dbs were a lot worse than expected.

I don’t wait for it to get cold. I make my first batch opening weekend of CFB and most Saturdays until football is over. End the evenings with a fire in the pit outside as well. My kids and I say it’s the season of F’s. Football, family, friends, food and fires.
You put beans in the chili, right? You were one "F" short.

I think Banks did scheme to make AR beat us with his arm. . . but a couple things happened that he didn't count on. AR learned how to throw the ball a little and our dbs were a lot worse than expected.
AR didn't get any better, his wr were 500% more open than they'd been all year. Anyone would have a better performance if almost every target was wide open.

Interesting insite on game lineup

The one thing most I’ve seen most from LSU people complaining about the 11am start time is that our game is better match up than the other two “primetime” games (2:30 and 6:30 CST). This is because people still view the 11am CST slot as the Jefferson Pilot game of the week and it’s not!

Fox has made sure people pay attention to that early window and ESPN has followed along by making good, marquee matchups for that window. By putting the TN/LSU game early the SEC is almost guaranteed three primetime-ish matchups that LOTS of people will be watching.

LSU also obviously wanted a night game for the perceived home field advantage, but that just sucks for them and wasn’t gonna happen with Bama/TAMU the same weekend. Plus, CBS wasn’t gonna cover TN 3 out of 4 weeks (FL, LSU and Bama).

The one thing most I’ve seen most from LSU people complaining about the 11am start time is that our game is better match up than the other two “primetime” games (2:30 and 6:30 CST). This is because people still view the 11am CST slot as the Jefferson Pilot game of the week and it’s not!

Fox has made sure people pay attention to that early window and ESPN has followed along by making good, marquee matchups for that window. By putting the TN/LSU game early the SEC is almost guaranteed three primetime-ish matchups that LOTS of people will be watching.

LSU also obviously wanted a night game for the perceived home field advantage, but that just sucks for them and wasn’t gonna happen with Bama/TAMU the same weekend. Plus, CBS wasn’t gonna cover TN 3 out of 4 weeks (FL, LSU and Bama).
Stars are aligning, folks

I will defer to your expertise 😂 See, I am quite amicable 😂 I hope everyone is safe down there, no matter their lineage 😂.. maybe I will have to venture more away from the tourist trap areas to experience that
I did not mean for that to sound chippy...I just think most people don't know that there are a lot of "real" southerners down there.

It is because hardly anybody ventures away from urban areas which are truly nearly all transplants.

Dude is just blatantly stirring the pot for attention. Sad.
I have said forever that guys like him and the other UT haters in the media know they can drive up attention if they piss off Vol twitter. Whenever their ratings are in a slump, say something negative about UT and we all go scurrying to cry foul. F em and dont oblige them with responses and clicks.

Agree , I am not buying the narrative that I seen posted on VN about that T Banks schemed this D to let AR beat us with his arm. Our secondary is just that bad. We seen the same thing in the Pitts game, Solvis had almost 300 yds before he got hurt. I dont think too many people is buying the story that Heup or Banks went into this game saying let AR try to beat us with his arm. Once any DC seen AR going off like that would adjust to slow it down but that did not happen. VN can blast away at me but Banks nor Willie is the answer. Secondary is just bad, they do not even attempt to look for the ball and go back when Willie was here with Butch, his DBs never looked back for the ball.
I'm not writing off Banks yet, but I would be lying if I said I didn't have doubts about Willie Martinez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back