Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hot sauce on a fried bologna sammich. Surprisingly good.

Sup Weezer. I pretty much just lurk in the RF bro...have done serious reading and watching videos here today. Still feel a little lost though. I know we had 24ish cruits here for the gators...my question is who are the big names that we likely swayed their opinion to come here, or at least had to get us in the top 3 or so with these guys? It qas insane here for the game...90s baller days level. Surely these kids wanna be part of that? I saw a couple videos from dudes who already committed to us...

Who did we make the biggest impressions on that are actually likely to commit to the good guys now? I saw the Hobbs? Video and his moms comments. Betting he is a VOL on Nov25th...anyone else?

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Sup Weezer. I pretty much just lurk in the RF bro...have done serious reading and watching videos here today. Still feel a little lost though. I know we had 24ish cruits here for the gators...my question is who are the big names that we likely swayed their opinion to come here, or at least had to get us in the top 3 or so with these guys? It qas insane here for the game...90s baller days level. Surely these kids wanna be part of that? I saw a couple videos from dudes who already committed to us...

Who did we make the biggest impressions on that are actually likely to commit to the good guys now? I saw the Hobbs? Video and his moms comments. Betting he is a VOL on Nov25th...anyone else?
If I knew the answers to these questions the rest of these posters would worship me as an insider. 😁

But I agree we have a good shot with Dobbs. Bama is going to be stiff competition, tho.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
I think it just dawned on me that we should beat LSU.

I just wanted to beat Pitt and, especially, UF. I was so excited with the team achieving those goals and getting to 4-0 that I forgot about what's next. I never really thought to set my expectations, as a fan, to 5-0. Maybe I figured LSU would just have one of those incredible years, like most of our alternating west opponents have. . . or maybe we'd run out of luck by the LSU game, or we'd have too many injuries.

Luck hasn't been much of a factor in getting to 4-0. In fact, we've fought against bad luck/performances and still won. We beat a solid Pitt team and a Florida team that tried everything they could to stay in the game, but couldn't.

Now we're heading to LSU and a win there isn't just possible, it's probable. We'll be favored as the visiting team. We've got a great start time, mostly no serious injuries, a defense that's proven it can do what it takes to win, and an offense that is hitting smooth on all cylinders.

I can't believe we're just 17 games removed from from the Pruitt era disaster. We're in the top10, staring down the barrel at 5-0 and the potential for an undefeated matchup against Bama.

It's strange, because it feels real. I mean, even though we had a couple decent years with Butch, it never felt "real" or sustainable. I literally can't remember the feeling from the last time we were legitimately good. We may lose a few games down the stretch, but the future for the Vols looks extremely bright.

Do you guys think we're a legitimate top10 team or are we being propped up by winning the first few games? I mean, do you see us as a top10 team at the end of the season?

Anyway. . .
Vols 45
LSU 37

(Edit: sheesh, that was longer than I thought it was. . . @Glitch )

I'm kinda in the same position. I just wanted Pitt and a chance to beat Florida. I felt that if we beat Pitt then there was no reason we couldn't beat Florida but I never really thought past those games. I feel like 10-2 is wayyy too high of an expectation but at the same time it's doable. I don't exactly know where to set things though because I never really thought past those 2 games.

I wasn’t sure where to post this. All these years I thought that I was a dyed in the wool true Orange and White loving Vol fan until I drove past this house today. I had to turn around and snap these pics. I salute who ever owns this property. You all are true Vol fans.

Attachments

• FAAC9510-B56E-4847-9274-8FC9718F9E35.jpeg
    FAAC9510-B56E-4847-9274-8FC9718F9E35.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 131
  • 6B78F34C-664D-4E94-AF5E-586F3A0BD505.jpeg
    6B78F34C-664D-4E94-AF5E-586F3A0BD505.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 133
  • 44DEB213-9D09-4067-B386-C0B7F3311090.jpeg
    44DEB213-9D09-4067-B386-C0B7F3311090.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 128
  • 1C977995-8749-4371-A5F6-FDC50AEA1183.jpeg
    1C977995-8749-4371-A5F6-FDC50AEA1183.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 122
  • A642826E-8CE2-4184-8F64-5B7E741F7EFD.jpeg
    A642826E-8CE2-4184-8F64-5B7E741F7EFD.jpeg
    6.3 MB · Views: 114
I wasn’t sure where to post this. All these years I thought that I was a dyed in the wool true Orange and White loving Vol fan until I drove past this house today. I had to turn around and snap these pics. I salute who ever owns this property. You all are true Vol fans.
Oh Lawd 😂

Reactions: TennacJed

This reminds me of like when you drive around town during a presidential election year and you see all of the American flags in the ground showing there’s people out there who still love this country…same thing here we’ve been down for so long been made a pun of every joke and we’re slowly coming back to relevance and people are proud to show it again…brings tears of joy to my eyes honestly…

This house is about 5min from where I live. This guy is definitely a die hard fan. This is not something he’s just recently done, it was like this when the program was down

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back