Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
St Pete Beach inhabitant here. Looks like we will luck out on storm surge, mostly rain and wind so far. Prayers and good thoughts for those who are south of the eye as that is where the worst of it will be.
👋 Hey brother..I was just down there by you a few weeks ago on Treasure Island...T-Bay will always be home to me, one of my kids and her husband, and hundreds of old friends live there. I'm sorry for those south of T-Bay, but I am relieved that the storm surge is going to miss it.

It does look like y'all are still gonna get a LOT of rain...be careful.

That’s my biggest pet peave…
one of mine is when ball carriers get wrapped up, but won't go down and the 2nd or 3rd guy punches the ball out, a la Fant's fumble in the 1st qtr. all i can think of is my mom screaming at the TV "just go down, just go down!!!" lol

Reactions: SmokinBob
I think he did, all mine are gone.

now-i-have-to-start-all-over-again-start-over.gif

St Pete Beach inhabitant here. Looks like we will luck out on storm surge, mostly rain and wind so far. Prayers and good thoughts for those who are south of the eye as that is where the worst of it will be.
was down there last June for a week with the family, had a good time. Met the Hyatt family while there, they were moving down to Tampa since Devin was going to IMG. they were nice, talked to the Dad while watching a TN baseball game at the pool bar of the resort we were staying at.....

anyway....take care down there.

I like Heupel's comment on an early play. Something like "you have to tackle the person, not the ball". On one particular play, Hadden tried to strip the ball twice but the receiver walked right in to the end zone.
that was the 1st TD pass of the season for AR. Hadded was trying for the ball and then flowers got trucked a la bill bates v herschel. not a great look..lol. i'm sure watching film on that play was.........not fun.

Reactions: screenthis
I put this on On3 but I'm bringing it over here as well.

It is crazy to think that this is just the beginning. Heup has beaten Florida in year 2, has us ranked in the top 10, and legitimately has a shot at a 10-2 season. And he’s doing it with only one full recruiting class of his own and a year removed from 30 portal defections. Everyone said our best players left to the portal. Media were saying we wouldn't even go to a bowl game for years.

he’s just getting started. This class will finish top 10. The ‘24 class has a chance to be ridiculous. Might be the best class we’ve signed since the 90’s. Imagine this roster in Nico’s sophomore and Junior years. It will be loaded on both sides of the ball. I mean, just think Nico’s sophomore year: Tyre West, Herring, Pearce, and Josephs are juniors. Bradley, Herrint, Matthews, Gibson, Conyer and others in this class are sophomores. That is elite defensive positions. Then imagine we add Hobbs and Parker and a few more guys to this class.

And that's to say nothing about the offense with the receivers that Heup is bringing and will bring into this class to go with Nico, the biggest prospect we've signed since Peyton. If he can add an elite RB or 2 through the portal or recruiting, this offense can even get to another level which is insane to think about.

Then, in the 24 class, Echols, Craver, Bennett, Wingo, Beasley, Spillman, Boo, an extremely underrated prospect already committed in Gentle and many many more. Guys like Sammy Brown and KJ Bolden and who knows how many other blue chip players may be in that class. I would say that we certainly have a top 5 class in ‘24.

We will have an elite roster in '24 and in '25.

I think it’s safe to say that we have a coach who will be here for a good long while if he wants to be. It’s an exciting time on Rocky Top and we’re not close to seeing what Heup’s ceiling is yet.

I do love some truth tellers like Travis Haney and Ubben.
Specially THEIR version of it! Like when Ubben suggested the money from those t-shirt sales wasn’t going to the kid. Whatever came out of that? Haney did leave a troll void that Basillio can’t completely fill for you “realists”. 😏

So woke up this morning with both hamstrings like cramping up...no clue why or what I did.

:oops:

How old are you? In my youth, I was resilient. I once hit a triple with a broken wrist (just thought it was jammed up at the time), and now I throw my back out sleeping, strain my acl walking, and throw out my shoulder salting my dinner.

How old are you? In my youth, I was resilient. I once hit a triple with a broken wrist (just thought it was jammed up at the time), and now I throw my back out sleeping, strain my acl walking, and throw out my shoulder salting my dinner.

38 in a few months...yeah I've tweaked my back before just reaching down to pull something out of a drawer...

Amazing how our bodies basically say "I'm done"

I really need to start doing a daily mobility workout of some sort.

Would you rather get hit in the head or the balls?

I'd rather get hit in the head 10 outta 10 times. I just personally think punching the football shouldn't be allowed, or at least if you're the 3rd guy to the tackle doing it. If the initial tackler is able to do it as he makes the tackle that's fine, but just someone running in and throwing a punch at the ball carrier shouldn't be allowed.

I'd rather get hit in the head 10 outta 10 times. I just personally think punching the football shouldn't be allowed, or at least if you're the 3rd guy to the tackle doing it. If the initial tackler is able to do it as he makes the tackle that's fine, but just someone running in and throwing a punch at the ball carrier shouldn't be allowed.
that-not-how-it-works-thats-not-how-any-of-this-works.gif

I put this on On3 but I'm bringing it over here as well.

It is crazy to think that this is just the beginning.
Heup has beaten Florida in year 2, has us ranked in the top 10, and legitimately has a shot at a 10-2 season. And he’s doing it with only one full recruiting class of his own, and a year removed from 30 portal defections.

he’s just getting started. This class will finish top 10. The ‘24 class has a chance to be ridiculous. Might be the best class we’ve signed since the 90’s. Imagine this roster in Nico’s sophomore and Junior years. It will be loaded on both sides of the ball. I mean, just think Nico’s sophomore year: Tyre West, Herring, Pearce, and Josephs are juniors. Bradley, Herrint, Matthews, Gibson, Conyer and others in this class are sophomores. That is elite defensive positions. Then imagine we add Hobbs and Parker and a few more guys to this class.

And that's to say nothing about the offense with the receivers that Heup is bringing and will bring into this class to go with Nico, the biggest prospect we've signed since Peyton. If he can add an elite RB or 2 through the portal or recruiting, this offense can even get to another level which is insane to think about.

Then, in the 24 class, Echols, Craver, Bennett, Wingo, Beasley, Spillman, Boo, an extremely underrated prospect already committed in Gentle and many many more. Guys like Sammy Brown and KJ Bolden and who knows how many other blue chip players may be in that class. I would say that we certainly have a top 5 class in ‘24.

We will have an elite roster in '24 and in '25.

I think it’s safe to say that we have a coach who will be here for a good long while if he wants to be. It’s an exciting time on Rocky Top and we’re not close to seeing what Heup’s ceiling is yet.

Heupel really seems to be flourishing on the big stage. Both Pitt and FL were huge hurdles for his program to overcome. Offense was stagnant, defense won you a top 20 matchup on the road. FL comes to town and of course their QB looks legit all the sudden, HH puts on his superhero cape and announces his Heisman candidacy. Winning those games is so important bc as bought in as guys seemed to be before, imagine the loyalty and buy-in in that locker room now. And the FL win really changed the way everyone looks at Heupel’s program, especially recruits.

I know it doesn’t always work out this way but I believe that Heupel’s playing days are of a huge benefit for him. He seems very confident and he knows what it takes to win at the highest level bc he did it as a player. You never really know how a coach will do when the lights are the brightest. We’ve seen many a coach here at UT where the moment has been too big. Not our coach. It just feels like this level of college football is where he belongs.

Kudos to Heup and kudos to DW for giving us Heup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back