Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rat poison as nick saban would say

I mean dude ain't bad I enjoy hearing some of his reasons and predictionz,but if I was a media member I would pump the Vols so freaking hard.You have to understand we legit outnumber most fan bases by a wide margin.Call us crazy call us delusional but one thing u won't call us is wavering.We have an unseen passion for a team that has struggled mightly for 20 years now with a sprinkle of decency here n there.

Screw Alabama etc u wanna boost your ratings get views make a name for yourself then those TN Vols are a hell of a ticket.Im not taking anything away from him as a "journalist" this is just good business and promoting your brand discussing UT is definitely good money this year!Like they always say give the people what they want and he seems to have found a recipe.

I lived in Port Charlotte for 20 years. Hurricane Charlie hit right after my senior year in high school. My dad & I were in Chicago at Wrigley Field when it hit. We got lucky but Punta Gorda was wrecked. It was bad.
Charlie ripped the roof and walls from the Tires Plus store my Dad worked at. There was a stop sign jammed into the front counter. His house only had minimal damage. Wauchula was utterly destroyed as it has so many trailers.

i mean, ok, that's fine. but am i to believe that Keyshawn Johnson is really an authority here? i feel like he's more or less a highlight watcher?

i'll take all the positivity...don't get me wrong. but hot takes are hot takes....even the ones that make you feel all warm and fuzzy. lol.

and it's a whole lot better to have this be the opinion of Tennessee than what has been the opinion of Tennessee in recent years, so even i can see value in that, even if i don't necessarily value the owner of that opinion.

Reactions: OrangenSC
So about 90 minutes ago, the digital thermostat for our AC turned black. I tried breakers and checked all the units. Didn't work. I called Cool Today with the rare chance someone would be at work. Someone was there! She said she is working remote. She then asked, "Did you check to see if the drain line is full?" Bingo. With all of the rain, it had risen to the drip line outside. So here I am in pouring rain and 60 mph gusts with an extension cord and my shop vac sucking all the crap out. I have AC again! At least for now.

Agreed. Hadden seems to be our best pure CB, but even he blew some plays against Florida. Burrell was always showing up because he typically faces the best WR the other team has.
i've seen enough from haddend to know he's got potential, and he has played very well at times in the past.

but "blew some plays" is putting it mildly. outside the INT to seal the game...he had a terrible day overall. good news is, there was PLENTY to learn from for all the guys in the secondary. they looked lost as a group. we need competition back there, badly.

Quick update down here. 40-50 mph gusts have started. I live in south Sarasota, right near Osprey if you look at Google maps. The storm looks like it make landfall north of Ft Myers and then ripping through North Port (most southern town in Sarasota County). The storm is only a few mph away from being a Category 5. Port Charlotte, Punta Gorda, and North Port look to be taking a direct hit early this afternoon. My best friend Mike lives in North Port. We evacuated my Mom last night. Venice is expecting 120-130 mph winds. My house should be getting 115-120 from around noon till 2 am. The boys and I were able to help 3 elderly people get their shutters up yesterday. Hoping for the best here. It's go time. Hope any and all other members here living on the Gulf Coast stay safe. I'll try to keep you all posted pending on power situation.
Ughh...poor Punta Gorda...Charlie wiped that place out.

i've seen enough from haddend to know he's got potential, and he has played very well at times in the past.

but "blew some plays" is putting it mildly. outside the INT to seal the game...he had a terrible day overall. good news is, there was PLENTY to learn from for all the guys in the secondary. they looked lost as a group. we need competition back there, badly.

I like Heupel's comment on an early play. Something like "you have to tackle the person, not the ball". On one particular play, Hadden tried to strip the ball twice but the receiver walked right in to the end zone.

Ignorantia juris non excusat
star-trek-star-trek-tos.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back