VOLNATION: HURRICANE IAN

How are things in your area?
I live right by the Belleair Bridge, police have it blocked off since 7 this morning and are not allowing anyone to go back over to the barrier islands. My parents live about 3 miles away from me and my daughter lives in downtown St. Pete. We are all in good spirits. The only person freaking out is my sister who lives in Boston.
‘How are you?
Also how are you @tntar heel ?

I’m in Tampa. Citrus Park area.
Fortunately, I filled up my gas tank. All gas stations around here are out. Publix was packed.
How are things in Clearwater?

I went Sunday and picked up non perishable items at Costco, it was crazy there, sold out of a ton of stuff, stopped at Racetrack first, they had sold out of gas second place had gas.

Reactions: Vjcvette
I live right by the Belleair Bridge, police have it blocked off since 7 this morning and are not allowing anyone to go back over to the barrier islands. My parents live about 3 miles away from me and my daughter lives in downtown St. Pete. We are all in good spirits. The only person freaking out is my sister who lives in Boston.
‘How are you?
Where are you, parents, and daughter staying?

Apprehensive would describe my mood though it could go south depending on the the severity of the storm.
Sobering thought…I hope I don’t die without ever having the pleasure of experiencing your moms cooking 😞
That would be a crime

Orlando area here. Those of you on the west coast I hope you can get out of harm's way, particularly the storm surge.

I got the mandatory evac notice at about 10am. We're not leaving, got the 15kw gen fueled up. New bottle of Wellers and enough water and food to last weeks.

Let's Dance Ian.

Apprehensive would describe my mood though it could go south depending on the the severity of the storm.
Sobering thought…I hope I don’t die without ever having the pleasure of experiencing your moms cooking 😞
That would be a crime
So my daughter is on the 4th floor in her building in St Pete, I’m on the 4th floor in mine. At my parents are on the 10th in theirs. So not concerned about the flooding.
‘My mom is gonna eat up your compliment. 😁

I’m in Tampa. Citrus Park area.
Fortunately, I filled up my gas tank. All gas stations around here are out. Publix was packed.
How are things in Clearwater?

Have any of you Tampa/Largo/Clearwater/St. Pete fellas/ladies ever run accross a food truck called Smokin Guns BBQ? He may or may not still be running it currently, but I've known the owner operator since he was 12.

Yep. That's it. Guy on the right is a long time friend. He had a rough life growing up. Got into the Clearwater "teen scene." Lost a friend to drugs at 12. I met him at a church camp in NC helping out with the youth classes. We've always been friends. IIRC, he may have parked the truck except for catering in the last couple years, and went brick and mortar with with somone or on his own.
1664305425521.png

‘How are you?
We ready as we can be. We're over on very eastern edge of Hillsborugh in non evac region. But with the last shift once inland the little hurricane icon is right over Valrico. Bur were good I'm grilling some stuff tonight and making meals for next two days we that could heat up in garage. If yalll see someone afterward fishing out in an orange kayak. That me.

We ready as we can be. We're over on very eastern edge of Hillsborugh in non evac region. But with the last shift once inland the little hurricane icon is right over Valrico. Bur were good I'm grilling some stuff tonight and making meals for next two days we that could heat up in garage. If yalll see someone afterward fishing out in an orange kayak. That me.
orange kayak - Google Search
Looks fun!

Last edited:
The latest satellite images are really impressive !

0922_Ian-sat-sep27_1600.jpg

That would be a crime

I live in Lutz, probably about 10 miles east and 5 miles north of you. If things get dangerous for you, evacuate and come stay at my house. Here is my cell phone: 317-410-4722.

I live in Lutz, probably about 10 miles east and 5 miles north of you. If things get dangerous for you, evacuate and come stay at my house. Here is my cell phone: 317-410-4722.

THANK YOU!

That is very kind & thoughtful of you and it is greatly appreciated.
It appears that the storm will make landfall south of us, much like Hurricane Irma in 2017.
We should get quite a bit of rain and flooding in some areas but dodged a bullet here.
Once again, thank you for your offer.

Reactions: Vjcvette

VN Store

Back