Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
We didn't think he could hit the broad side of the barn.

We know he can change a game with his legs.

That's why we chose to play him the way we did.

NOBODY expected him to have the kind of day he had... In any way, shape or form.
Like I said, we were willing to see what his best game was.

We dared him to beat us with his arm and he almost did. But he didn't. Seems like it worked to me.

We also dared Napier to keep his cool and his team's cool playing the type of game that we wanted, the type of game that ended up playing out.

And we could have won by much more.

Like I said, we were willing to see what his best game was.

We dared him to beat us with his arm and he almost did. But he didn't. Seems like it worked to me.

We also dared Napier to keep his cool and his team's cool playing the type of game that we wanted, the type of game that ended up playing out.

And we could have won by much more.
I keep seeing this notion being presented that it's basically by design, on our part, as to why he was able to have the day he had.

It wasn't. The only thing I will say, is that they decided that was the plan and they were willing to live with the result. That doesn't mean they figured on him doing that.

Make him throw, yes. Have a career day..nah.

I keep seeing this notion being presented that it's basically by design, on our part, as to why he was able to have the day he had.

It wasn't. The only thing I will say, is that they decided that was the plan and they were willing to live with the result. That doesn't mean they figured on him doing that.

Make him throw, yes. Have a career day..nah.

Defend the pass, he *will* burn you with his feet. Defend the run, he *may* burn you with his arm.

It was the right call. If we had a secondary, it would have been even more clear.

InVOL knows this, but did you know every claimed Tennessee national championship came during the presidential administration of a Democrat?

1938 - Franklin D. Roosevelt
1940 - Franklin D. Roosevelt
1950 - Harry S Truman
1951 - Harry S Truman
1967 - Lyndon B. Johnson
1998 - Bill Clinton

And now another Democrat is in office. CURIOUS.
I always look at FSU, when we are doing well, they are doing well.. 😂

Sports Animal said he had the same surgery as Tua at Bama. A small plate put in. Tua came back after two weeks
Tua wasn't the same either after that. We might as well expect that Tillman is probably not going to be as big a factor from here on out. I hope it doesn't hurt his draft status...that would really suck.

Akron sucks.

Wait.. Last week AR didn't have the arm talent to beat us.

Let's just go with what we know... We're gonna be real hard to out score.
View attachment 494810
AR has always had an insanely strong arm and insane athleticism. That’s never been in question. The issue is that he put it all together for a great performance on Saturday. I’m simply saying that Jayden Daniels does not possess the God given gifts that AR does and will not be able to take over a game like he did. We should absolutely win this one.

Do you think UF could be LSU?
Well...we get to find out, so it will get settled.

But I think Florida and LSU are a lot alike, physically.

If AR can do anything remotely close to what he did this past Saturday... Yeah they can beat LSU. I think they can beat anyone outside of Georgia if they get that level of play... Not necessarily the same numbers, but the execution level. Way more balanced offense. defense isn't great, but they're physical and have enough talent to give less than elite offenses some problems.

Or this was an aberration and they're perfectly capable of losing to aTm, UGA, LSU and FSU.

Tua wasn't the same either after that. We might as well expect that Tillman is probably not going to be as big a factor from here on out. I hope it doesn't hurt his draft status...that would really suck.

Akron sucks.
The first game tua came back he threw for 420 had 4 passing yards vs possibly the greatest college team of all time. I think he was just fine after his ankle surgery.
Edit: also had 250 and 2 passing touchdowns vs Mississippi state before hurting his hip. He was great before his hip injury

Akron sucks.

I don’t think it’s quite that dire, but we’ll see soon enough, I suppose.

AR has always had an insanely strong arm and insane athleticism. That’s never been in question. The issue is that he put it all together for a great performance on Saturday. I’m simply saying that Jayden Daniels does not possess the God given gifts that AR does and will not be able to take over a game like he did. We should absolutely win this one.
Still sounds dangerously close to the same things we said the two weeks before the Florida game🤷‍♂️

Still sounds dangerously close to the same things we said the two weeks before the Florida game🤷‍♂️
And AR made, quite literally, ZERO mistakes throwing the ball. And we still won and were up 3 scores with 6 minutes to play. I’ll take that every single week. If AR had made a wrong read and thrown a pick in Q1-Q3 (something he did every game until ours because he, wisely, threw the ball away many times Saturday) we would have won by 20+ and the whole 4Q would’ve been a chill party. Sign me up again, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back