Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya’ll wanna heard some crazy ****?

Since the game ended, my house has been hit by lighting, cause our inground sprinkler system to blow up, and I’ve been rear-ended, probably totaling my car.

I’m doing my part over here

You’re gonna make back all those annual premiums and then some on your home.

The only other time we were top 10 post-Fulmer we had the #14 most talented team per 247 Team Talent Composite. We lasted 2 weeks at #9 during the season and that was in Y4. It took years of recruiting just to get there and enjoy a very fleeting moment before a 12 month total collapse.

This time we will stay at #8 (or higher) for at least 2 weeks. And only in Y2. This year we are #19 in the Team Talent Composite. 1 spot ahead of USCjr. And yet we couldn't be any further from that team.

For once we FINALLY have a coach that does more with less. We aren't trying to recruit THEN win, only to find out the coach can't elevate said talent. Instead we are winning regardless, then the elite talent will follow, which will only make our winning ways even better. Been waiting for a coach like this forever. Not a "oh well we'll just recruit over all the players" like Pruitt 😒

My wife commented on Bru without knowing his identity that “he didn’t look like he was running really fast.” But he’s constantly open whilst getting himself back into playing condition. Imagine the product afterwards. I bring this up because Hooker (understandably) looks for Tillman and then others in his reads. An adjustment in the bye week could unlock an explosive component in this offense.

LSU on the road is the 3rd toughest game on the schedule. They are the most talented team we have played to this point.

The good news is their O-line is not as good as Florida.
Agree, I’m more nervous about this game than Florida because it’s a road game. Thankfully we had a tough matchup with Pitt to help prep these guys, along with the Bye in between. Really love how our schedule lays out this year.

Mehupel was very funny.

But I went back and looked at those posts a few weeks or months ago (and posted some of the hottest takes 😅) but credit the RF, at least half of us went:

"Wait, what? Idk about this"

:everyone takes 15 mins and researches his team and offensive stats:

"Ok dang. Didn't know that. Let's ride!"
I was just glad it wasn't Franklin.

Were there this many major college firings this early in the season last year? So far we have Scott Frost, Herm Edwards, and Geoff Collins and we’re still in September.

Ya’ll wanna heard some crazy ****?

Since the game ended, my house has been hit by lighting, cause our inground sprinkler system to blow up, and I’ve been rear-ended, probably totaling my car.

I’m doing my part over here

To break one curse, it must be transferred elsewhere.

Thank you for your sacrifice.

Agree, I’m more nervous about this game than Florida because it’s a road game. Thankfully we had a tough matchup with Pitt to help prep these guys, along with the Bye in between. Really love how our schedule lays out this year.

This is the 1st time I can remember having a favorable schedule.

Pitt was a good early test.

A bye week after an emotional UF game.

An extra week to prepare, re-focus, and get healthy for LSU.

Bama at home after having to play ARK and TAM in back to back weeks.

UGA at the end of the year opposed to playing UF and UGA within a couple of weeks or sometimes even back to back.

Good news is next year looks favorable as well.

Don't know if it's been mentioned but on the 4th down try at the end of the game when Fant was dropped short, Bru was running wide open 10 yards behind him. Would have been an easy score.
I seent it midplay and on the replay.

My only questions were - 1) was there an offscreen defender flying up on Bru? The tv angle was hard to tell. And 2) was HH avoiding the risk because one of their defenders was shadowing him and sort of in the path of the potential pass.

But yeah in the moment I fully agree. It looked like a game-ender at least. And I fully believe the mood would be a lot different had we just been able to finish it there. People let the last 90 seconds affect their view of the overall game too much imo. That wasn't remotely a 5 point game overall. UF was downright lucky to not hand the ball over on their half of the field multiple times and needed 5/6 4th downs just to barely keep within a couple TDs late.

and yet wont get a single Heistman vote because, its political and not about actual stats or leadership capabilities.
Have faith in Danny White. I think he has a Heisman plan or. . . his lack of a plan might be the plan. Let Hooker keep piling up crazy games until he can't be ignored.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back