This team is different...

Jpcisco

I have probably watched the highlights from yesterday 10+ times. The offense is a machine, it's unstoppable when clicking. Napier's approach going for it every 4th down showed to me he knew that Florida was outmatched and couldn't stop Tennessee. We were the better team. No flukes or meltdowns from the other team. We were simply flat out better. He pulled out all the stops to try to stay in that game. This year just feels different, I expect us to win every week. I know we will drop 2 or 3 games probably but I dont see any team on the schedule and say for sure we have no chance like years past. I finally have faith in the program again. I havent felt this confident since the 90's. We haven't played our best football yet and are sitting 8th in the country with a 4-0 record. I know defense has struggled some but they have done just enough to get the W. With Huepel's offense thats all we need. To think how far we have come since Pruitt's last year, it's a small miracle from the football gods. Huepel has done a masterful job, even the most optimistic fans wouldn't have predicted this amount of success in year 2 when he was hired. It was a long rebuild. He is growing as a coach along with the players. This year his clock management is 100 times better. This team is disciplined, precise, methodical, and a blast to watch.

Our coach is genuine and straight forward. Very positive and the kids feed off of him. He's not a salesman and he doesn't scream and yell like a maniac. Seems like he doesn't get rattled easy and all that so far reflects what we're seeing on the field. It is different and very refreshing.

Our coach is genuine and straight forward. Very positive and the kids feed off of him. He's not a salesman and he doesn't scream and yell like a maniac. Seems like he doesn't get rattled easy and all that so far reflects what we're seeing on the field. It is different and very refreshing.
His on field demeanor reminds me of Mark Richt.

Last edited:
I like the fact of how he praises his players on national tv. He rarely, if ever, says anything negative about them or the game. He uses coach-speak a lot but I'm sure it gets back to the players who appreciate him even more.

I have probably watched the highlights from yesterday 10+ times. The offense is a machine, it's unstoppable when clicking. Napier's approach going for it every 4th down showed to me he knew that Florida was outmatched and couldn't stop Tennessee. We were the better team. No flukes or meltdowns from the other team. We were simply flat out better. He pulled out all the stops to try to stay in that game. This year just feels different, I expect us to win every week. I know we will drop 2 or 3 games probably but I dont see any team on the schedule and say for sure we have no chance like years past. I finally have faith in the program again. I havent felt this confident since the 90's. We haven't played our best football yet and are sitting 8th in the country with a 4-0 record. I know defense has struggled some but they have done just enough to get the W. With Huepel's offense thats all we need. To think how far we have come since Pruitt's last year, it's a small miracle from the football gods. Huepel has done a masterful job, even the most optimistic fans wouldn't have predicted this amount of success in year 2 when he was hired. It was a long rebuild. He is growing as a coach along with the players. This year his clock management is 100 times better. This team is disciplined, precise, methodical, and a blast to watch.
He needs to quit being so aggressive on 4th down; you can get away with that against Akron. Just think if he had of attempted those two FG's instead of going for it.

Reactions: fALLis4VOLs
Watching the video of him in the after game interview I was struck by how elated he was to get this win with his team. He was actually happy to have won for VOLNATION, I cannot believe how lucky we are to have him as a coach.

You absolutely see it on the field. Against Pitt, and yesterday, there were times that Tennessee would've folded in the past. Now, it's like being down with the momentum against them doesn't phase them. It was especially impressive on the road at Pitt.

Watching the video of him in the after game interview I was struck by how elated he was to get this win with his team. He was actually happy to have won for VOLNATION, I cannot believe how lucky we are to have him as a coach.
Agree - he was so happy to see his players happy and celebrating with their fellow students!

Lot to like about the future and liked the tenacity of the defense. We gave up a lot of total yards but stifled the run. The concern is that Florida was about to perfectly execute its game plan - long slow drives, eating the clock. The Florida plan had several impacts - slowed the game, gassed the defense, keep the offense on sideline and out of sync.

Three of those 3rd and longs would have been outs with most coaches. Your right, Billy knew he had to roll the dice. Our Coaches absolutely know we're not where we want to be to be on D especially at corner. I believe that's why we saw more or less a bend and not break type coverage yesterday. We sold out on stopping the run and actually did a decent job of that. Who knew Richardson was going to be a different QB than what he had shown the previous weeks. I think going forward we're going to see a lot more blitzing and all out pin your ears back type defence. I think that's what it's going to take to compete with the teams who have the great QBs.

unfrozencvmanvol,Coach Heupel is as much like Mark Richt as Kiffin is to Belicheck.
I'm talking about their sideline demeanor dork, Tom Landry is another comparison. Anyway, Richt was a good coach, he went 171-64 and will probably end up in the HOF. Richt beat our 2001 team in like his 3rd game as a coach. Also seemed to be a fine man, like Heupel does, I don't know WTH y'all's problem is with the comparison.

I'm talking about their sideline demeanor dork, Tom Landry is another comparison. Anyway, Richt was a good coach, he went 171-64 and will probably end up in the HOF. Richt beat our 2001 team in like his 3rd game as a coach. Also seemed to be a fine man, like Heupel does, I don't know WTH y'all's problem is with the comparison.

He had like 1 losing season in his whole tenure as a head coach iirc. Many 10+ win seasons. Consistently seemed to have very talented football teams. Never could win it all but Iā€™d love to have had his results in the years following the Fulmer ouster as opposed to what actually happened. Also, I agree that he seems like a legitimately good guy.

VN Store

Back