Congrats!! And a few post game thoughts...

I guess… hey dude much respect for your team this evening, they came to win it and probably should’ve. Gutsy calls by Napier. He called the game like he was playing EA SPORTS NCAA FOOTALL ON PS2 😆 and it was working 😆.

All you Gator fellas ...thoughts on why Silly Billy went for two? Makes no sense to me

I did not like the decision either.

Having said that, if Florida had kicked the extra points, I am willing to bet heavily (VERY HEAVILY), that Tennessee would have made the first downs needed to run out the clock on their last possession or just scored again.

The only reason Florida got a stop (if you want to call it that) was the appearance that the game was over.

you mean the part where TN was missing their best receiver, and Floridas qb played so far out of his shoes it wasn't even funny?
Not much more upside??? What a ridiculous statement. We have desperate needs all over the field and games like this will help us fill those needs. Our upside is off the charts.

Congrats to our defense for complete shutting down Florida's two outstanding running backs. Yall stopped them cold ! Great job ! The Gators running backs ran up and down the field at will on the Florida Bulls !

Just wait till Nico gets here
I really hope the expectations for Nico aren't so high that we're saying he's gonna be so much better than a heisman contending, record setting QB that he'll make Tennessee comfortably better than Florida.

If Nico is even 80% as good as Hendon he'll go down as a very successful, high end QB in Vol history. If he's as good then we'll have been seriously blessed to get like 5 straight years or whatever it'll end up being of elite level QB play.

Napier is an average coach who's offense has no potential.
Our passive defensive strategy gave Florida all those opportunities.

Florida is trash...
Just stop. Come back when you're sober. FU is a good football team. Another 2 minutes on the clock and 100K VOL fans are seriously bummed out.

I really hope the expectations for Nico aren't so high that we're saying he's gonna be so much better than a heisman contending, record setting QB that he'll make Tennessee comfortably better than Florida.

If Nico is even 80% as good as Hendon he'll go down as a very successful, high end QB in Vol history. If he's as good then we'll have been seriously blessed to get like 5 straight years or whatever it'll end up being of elite level QB play.
Nico ain't done **** yet. He's all hype at this point.

What did Mike Tyson say?

I will take a win over them.
The thing that scares me a little is I hope we aren’t becoming a Mike Leach great pass offense but no defense that tops out at 8-4. It is to early to tell and any win over FLA is great, but there were a lot of guys wide freaking open out there.

He’s going to be expected to carry the torch and never miss a step. Just look at some of the posts on VN and he hasn’t even played a down yet. If Milton gets his chance and plays well it’ll be that much higher. Hopefully he likes pressure because there won’t be any shortage of it.

Reactions: Titans4Vols
Yup, Heupel tried at the end to be as poor a coach as Napier. Our last offensive possession was just dreadful coaching. The kids pulled his fat out of the fryer.

That last TN "drive" reminded me of a Botch Jones Special. If its 3rd & 5 and you are NOT gonna punt then play for TWO plays to get the 1st and seal the game. Don't waste the 1st and then throw.

Reactions: Frozevol
The better team won.

1) The obvious difference in the game was Hooker. We made it easy on a couple of those long throws for you. It was more his elusiveness and turning what should have been 5 yard losses into 30 yard gains.

2) The officiating was absurdly bad. Comical at times. Either you have some mechanical issues there with the clock or the clock operator has issues.

3) You wont like this but I am not prepared to say that UT has long term turned the corner in terms of the rivalry. Just not sure UT has that much more upside potential talent wise whereas UF has significantly more potential.

4) Agree with those who say that UT should have blitzed a lot more than you did.

5) Richardson is a puzzle. Clearly enormous athletic talent. Just not able to consistently connect with receivers. Many balls wide of the mark or well overthrown.

Bizarre no4 argument. Tennessee has had just over a year with heupel at the helm after having what was one of the thinnest rosters in football. Once heupel has had 3+ years to implement and add to his system and create some depth…look out. Now, has tn turned a corner in the rivalry? No…I don’t think you could say that. This makes 2 wins over the last 7 years. We have to win more games for it to be a legit rivalry. But this team is headed in the right direction with heupel.

The better team won.

1) The obvious difference in the game was Hooker. We made it easy on a couple of those long throws for you. It was more his elusiveness and turning what should have been 5 yard losses into 30 yard gains.

2) The officiating was absurdly bad. Comical at times. Either you have some mechanical issues there with the clock or the clock operator has issues.

3) You wont like this but I am not prepared to say that UT has long term turned the corner in terms of the rivalry. Just not sure UT has that much more upside potential talent wise whereas UF has significantly more potential.

4) Agree with those who say that UT should have blitzed a lot more than you did.

5) Richardson is a puzzle. Clearly enormous athletic talent. Just not able to consistently connect with receivers. Many balls wide of the mark or well overthrown.

The team with the most upside potential will be the team with the best coaching. What we've done in two years with this team is amazing.

I did not like the decision either.

Having said that, if Florida had kicked the extra points, I am willing to bet heavily (VERY HEAVILY), that Tennessee would have made the first downs needed to run out the clock on their last possession or just scored again.

The only reason Florida got a stop (if you want to call it that) was the appearance that the game was over.
I believe the math has always said if you are down 14 later in the game and score a touchdown you should go for 2, basically you have 2 shots to get 1 and if its the first one you can win by just kicking the extra point on the second TD. Down 17 would be the same i would think just adding a field goal. So the "coaching book" aka analytics probably said to go for 2.

VN Store

Back