Cigar /Pipe Smoking thread

This was a good Connecticut, as good as the Ashton Churchills I’ve smoked. Still, I prefer the shade grown Arturo Fuentes. Just my taste.

How was the draw? what kind of flavors did it have?

I'll have to try that.

44771D0B-4B38-453F-84FF-C5C69CA00CDB.jpeg

This wasn’t planned but I think I’ve smoked 4 Nicaraguan puro’s this week. Well 3+ this one.
Well, this is the third. So far , this is my favorite out of the 3.

Last edited:
That's a good smoke. That's THAT WIZARD'S favorite smoke, I think. I hadn't tried it till Gandalf started bragging about it.

Yep, outside of some Cubans, that and its bigger brother vitolas are my favs. Fantastic price for the goodness.

What is it with you and the dick pics? :D Those undercrown Maduro's are super great also. If you liked that, you will ABSOLUTELY LOVE the EP Carrillo.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tonight I had another Montecristo Platinum (followed by a EP Carrillo). They have a very nice flavor but if you don't have a full stomach they are tough to handle the nicotine. Last one I had made me nauseous and that hasn't happened in a long time. Make sure you have eaten well or have something sugary nearby. That said, they are quite nice.

Yep, outside of some Cubans, that and its bigger brother vitolas are my favs. Fantastic price for the goodness.

What is it with you and the dick pics? :D Those undercrown Maduro's are super great also. If you liked that, you will ABSOLUTELY LOVE the EP Carrillo.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tonight I had another Montecristo Platinum (followed by a EP Carrillo). They have a very nice flavor but if you don't have a full stomach they are tough to handle the nicotine. Last one I had made me nauseous and that hasn't happened in a long time. Make sure you have eaten well or have something sugary nearby. That said, they are quite nice.

May have had a few adult beverages. Wasn’t really giving a whole lot of F’s at that moment.

I tried the carillo. You were bragging about it so I had to try it. Good smoke.

If you know anything of Tampa’s history, you know J. C. Newman Cigar Co., ~half on which is owned by my fave, Arturo Fuentes (they also own ~half of Ashton). The guy who owns the independent cigar shop nearest to my home talked me into buying a bundle of Quorum toros - shade grown wrapper, medium to short filler, produced at Arturo Fuentes’ Nicaraguan factory. Any of you ever smoke a Quorum?

Quorum is medium bodied classic Nicaraguan with the shade grown wrapper. So far, it burns well. No issues with the medium-short filler. I’ll smoke these, but prefer other brands.

Reactions: loggervol
Quorum is medium bodied classic Nicaraguan with the shade grown wrapper. So far, it burns well. No issues with the medium-short filler. I’ll smoke these, but prefer other brands.

I’ve never tried them but I may.

If you know anything of Tampa’s history, you know J. C. Newman Cigar Co., ~half on which is owned by my fave, Arturo Fuentes (they also own ~half of Ashton). The guy who owns the independent cigar shop nearest to my home talked me into buying a bundle of Quorum toros - shade grown wrapper, medium to short filler, produced at Arturo Fuentes’ Nicaraguan factory. Any of you ever smoke a Quorum?

Thats Newman's budget sticks? I have had good results with Oliva "seconds" but usually the budget sticks I have tried over the years have not held up to quality standards.

Reactions: loggervol
Hard to go wrong with any My Father

This is a nice cigar. It has a good draw, not a effortless draw. Really put together well holding a good ash. The burn is outstanding, no touch ups.

Cinnamon, almonds, a slight cocoa and maybe a oak flavor. It has a little pepper on the retro hale but nothing overbearing. For my taste, this may be the best smoke I’ve had out of the last 20 smokes I’ve had.

Reactions: Gandalf
I know I deserve to be flamed for this, my seats are next to the visitors tunnel, and after Bama’s performance against the other UT I think we have a chance. That said, I want to be properly prepared if we defeat the Tide this year as they depart the field.
I’ll also want to supply several fans around me so A) I’m not targeted by security, and B) the players and coaches are sure to notice.
With that said, what would be recommended that’s inexpensive, visually impactful, and mild enough so that I’m not surrounded by green, sick people?
Thanks for all the help,. With the big win today, I’ll be swinging by Total Wine this week to get 5 quality cigars, and 35-40 lower quality to share with those around me 🤞 we have a reason to light them up
GBO

VN Store

Back