Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most SC fans on The Big Spur like Beamer, but they loath their OC. They want him gone yesterday. They want Beamer to make an OC hire in the off season to see if he can turn this around and at least be competitive next year. There are some that are off the train and believe he is not the guy to turn the program around. Their board reminds me of the Dooley, Jones & Pruitt era. Where they are hopefully optimistic and think longevity with coaches is better than continuing to fire and hire, but deep down some of them see the writing on the wall.
I hope Beamer hires Dooley to be his OC. He is currently in the Land of Misfit Coaches under Saban's tutelage once again. Derek did such a fantastic job following Heupel at Mizzou how can Beamer resist?

On the verge of the biggest game of his coaching career we Vol fans should take great pride in having Josh Heupel as the head coach. From taking over a program barely on life support to being on the verge of a top 10 ranking what he's done in this short amount of time has been nothing short of miraculous.
16 games. In 16 games he has us ranked #11. That's impressive. Some might say it's a house of cards. We'll find out Saturday afternoon. But the truth is no one thought we would be ranked #11 after CJH 16th game. Especially with the mass exodus of most of our best players. Credit to CJH, the players who stayed, and the players who joined. I WANT a win Saturday. Truth is this team/staff DESERVES win on Saturday. GBO

I was listening to Kesling today on the radio...

I know it was said that we went after James Franklin...Tony Elliott's name was thrown out there...however, Danny White always said that Heupel was the only person offered the job. I believe it was his job all along. I believe White knew/knows Heupel was/is the perfect fit for us, especially at the time he was hired.

Back to Kesling, and to tie it into the coaching search...Heupel was/is the perfect hire for the UT job. We needed someone cool and calm to settle everything down, take things in stride, and deal with the raging fire they were walking into. Heupel was/is perfect for that. Kesling said he has never met anyone so laid back, cool, calm, doesnt get ruffled in the least; also, someone who spends their time perfectly. Kesling says Heupel is amazing as it pertains to time...said if Heupel gives you a time he'll be somewhere or doing something, you can bet the house it's right on the time he said. He also said that Heupel does not worry about things out of his control...said he never once has sweated the investigation, because it's out of his control. Kesling said Heupel is so even keeled, that he realizes football is never going to be perfect, and if something goes wrong he NEVER gets thrown off his game...he said the kids gravitate to him and buy in so easily because Heupel is so easy.

Just a glimpse of some of the things Kesling was saying about Heupel. Putting that together, with the genius that is Danny White...again, I believe Heupel was the pick all along, the absolute right pick...of course White knew all these things about him. We needed someone like him...someone steady, relaxed, grounded, consistent, calming, cool, and smart as hell.
And I think and hope this is the perfect mindset to get over the hump against Florida. We will get to find out tomorrow.

Hearing Tillman will give it a go. Hope it comes to fruition.
Unless he’s close to 100%, I honestly would prefer he rest and extra week and try to be ready by LSU. I really think we can and should win tomorrow without him, and I think we will need him a lot more at LSU and against Bama for sure. We need him to be as healthy as possible after the bye week.

Unless he’s close to 100%, I honestly would prefer he rest and extra week and try to be ready by LSU. I really think we can and should win tomorrow without him, and I think we will need him a lot more at LSU and against Bama for sure. We need him to be as healthy as possible after the bye week.
hes on the depth chart

Florida DBs have always been notorious for grabbing WR’s jerseys all game.. I always watch for that in this game.
I am glad you watch because the officials sure don't seem to notice it. If they let them get away with that all game, it is going to be tougher. We still win, regardless.

I wonder if reality is setting in on their fans yet?

South Carolina fans with Beamer is the exact equivalent of how our fans were with Butch. Most are still bought in because of the “salesman, gimmick, and swagger” tactics. As an outsider, we can see it’s clear that he is not the guy. The only reason he got the job is he is the son of a coaching legend with absolutely no accolades. Similar to
Derek Dooley and Mike Shula.

South Carolina fans with Beamer is the exact equivalent of how our fans were with Butch. Most are still bought in because of the “salesman, gimmick, and swagger” tactics. As an outsider, we can see it’s clear that he is not the guy. The only reason he got the job is he is the son of a coaching legend with absolutely no accolades. Similar to
Derek Dooley and Mike Shula.
I never understood canning angry man. Same for Auburn, to go get this douche and Harsin? 🤦🏼‍♂️ Get what they deserve.

I just graduated from UT but am going to the game Saturday with my fiancée. From Chattanooga but wanted a good brunch place to go that’s local. I probably should know some spots but anyone around Knox might have better recommendations?
The Italian Market 🤌

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back