Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
What gives me the most confidence this week is Josh Heupel. He isn't rattled by the Florida mental stuff at all. I believe he fully expects to throttle them.
He competed in the Red River Rivalry, kind of a big deal. Oklahoma was garbage before he got there and mentally much where we were as a program.

He got this.

Not advocating playing dirty, but I am advocating playing hard. Hit the gators as hard as you can. If you can knock one of their guys out of the game with a legal hit, I'm all for it.
That team late hit our guys so many times in games. I remember them late hitting Dobbs and JG almost every play.

As big as that play was, the 80-yard Trey Burton run was just as deflating. I think that was actually the exact play that sealed Dooley's fate because it put on tape exactly how out of position and slow our defense was. The very next game we gave up 26 points to 1-11 Akron.
Yes. I was at that game. You could feel the air come out of the stadium. It was the here we go again feeling. If I remember correctly it was right after a missed XP as well.

Reactions: Aesius
What gives me the most confidence this week is Josh Heupel. He isn't rattled by the Florida mental stuff at all. I believe he fully expects to throttle them.
First time in forever that I’ve been this confident going into the Florida game. Stems from the confidence and business like approach this team and coach Heupel have shown. Even when we were in overtime with Pitt, I was like… we got this.

If the Vols can run for 135 or more it will be a 2 touchdown win for the good guys. If not, it will be a nail biter. I don't believe that we can have a big day through the air without the run game against Florida. Make them commit 6 or 7 to the LOS and the offense will eat, even without CT. The Vols don't even have to match their 7y per play average. 6-6.5ypp will get us the equivalent to an extra drive and that alone would give us a 7-10 pt cushion. Napier has the kind of schemes that put his teams in alot of close games. They aren't built to come from behind. The Vols must keep them off schedule early and often defensively. There's no double secret game plan to limit Florida's offense. Keep them under 5 ypc in the run game, hold them to their anemic average in the pass game and turn Richardson over when he misreads the field. Vols 34 Gators 20.

Reactions: VolNash17
You’ll have to lower your expectations. 59-13 is more reasonable.
lowered-expectations.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back