Any updates on Tillman?

So why do you bother even being a fan if you have no hope of your team succeeding, even when they’re clearly the better team and a double digit favorite?

Some of y’all just love being miserable.
Before 2016 the last time we beat Florida I was 11. We’ve been the better team than Florida many times and still lost it’s a curse

What about the freshman? He has looked great so far.
I think Sampson has the highest upside of the backs that ive seen thus far in the season. Once he learns the entire position, he will be dangerous. I believe he will be getting a lot of playing time this year as he gets more comfortable.

The rushing woes had more to do with PITT's D line. Those dudes were legit. Hopefully that test will help us as we start SEC play.
Im not disagreeing that Pitt had a lot to do with it. Their D is the strength of their team. Small had 17 yards on 10 carries while Wright had 47 on 9 carries. I just believe Wright sees the field better.

Reactions: PEPPERJAX
You are correct tn has just been a few "bad coaching decisions" away the last 20 years it has nothing to do with talent.
Nowhere did I say or suggest that.

I dont know why those nfl gms keep drafting Bama, georgia, Ohio state, and Clemson players in the first 3 rds by the dozens while we are lucky to get one every couple years. They should realize they could take the 4th best receiver on tn and be fine.

Completely irrelevant to your argument and mine. The issue isn't whether UT has as much talent as those teams or NFL players 14 deep. The issue is whether UT has sufficient talent to backfill the void left by Tillman. You apparently think UT has a bunch of no talent bums behind Tillman. I don't.

We know he’s out. We’ve been saying that for days
Except that you don't know. It may be likely that he's out. Someone will know after he's evaluated tomorrow morning. Do you work in the AD or for the training staff? If not... that someone who "knows"... ain't you.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Im not disagreeing that Pitt had a lot to do with it. Their D is the strength of their team. Small had 17 yards on 10 carries while Wright had 47 on 9 carries. I just believe Wright sees the field better.
He also seems to shed arm tackles better. Small doesn't necessarily go down but he gets slowed or redirected. Neither of them really pop holes like you want a guy to do. Wright may still develop. Small probably won't.

Except that you don't know. It may be likely that he's out. Someone will know after he's evaluated tomorrow morning. Do you work in the AD or for the training staff? If not... that someone who "knows"... ain't you.
I will bet my life he doesn’t play. I bet my whole mortgage. He has a high ankle sprain and won’t play to lsu at the earliest

Reactions: dduncan4163
You could say anything you want, but you don’t have any data to back that up. When a team loses a great player, it usually hurts, especially when there is chemistry with a QB involved. As for whether or not someone steps in and plays a game that fills that gap, there are too many variables to just pin that on the head coach. We can win Saturday. We’ll also miss Tillman.
Nowhere did I say Tillman wouldn't be missed.

What I am saying is that his production can be replaced by the talent on the roster. That could be by guys who step up or back ups who step in.

I will bet my life he doesn’t play. I bet my whole mortgage. He has a high ankle sprain and won’t play to lsu at the earliest

Heyyyy I love gambling. Let’s bet! A trusted member can escrow the cash until after the game. I say he plays. What’s the stake?

We've had two cupcakes to pad stats. And last year is last year. Outside of Tillman and Hyatt I just haven't seen the consistency. I want to see them ball out against an SEC opponent constantly. And you say opportunity to shine, you have an opportunity to shine the minute you step foot on campus. It's what you do with that opportunity.
You are being obtuse.

Tillman was a shadow in the background for 3 1/2 years. He entered last year with 8 receptions and 114 yds for his career at UT. He started out 210 yds over his first 6 games last year then took off. By your standard... he failed. Doesn't matter that he had talent but no opportunity to show it. He should have "shined" before he had over 900 yds in the last 7 games of '21.

He had never "balled out" against anyone up to Ole Miss and Bama last year.

We’ll be fine. Part of the reason Tillman has so many receiving yards over the last 10+ games is because of the scheme amd the fact that hooker looks to him the most. Now that’s not to say he isn’t a bonafide bad azzz…because he most certainly is. But if keyton, Merrill, or others we’re getting more looks and targets they’d be putting up numbers as well. Tillman is awesome but so is hooker amd the scheme our bad AXA coach has implemented. I think Hyatt, Bru, keyton,, Merrill, and white are going to all get a couple of extra touches with Tillman out and I think we’ll realize this receiving core or more than just a single susperstar. It’s pretty deep. And hooker will get the ball to some of these other dudes.

Nowhere did I say or suggest that.

Completely irrelevant to your argument and mine. The issue isn't whether UT has as much talent as those teams or NFL players 14 deep. The issue is whether UT has sufficient talent to backfill the void left by Tillman. You apparently think UT has a bunch of no talent bums behind Tillman. I don't.

You mentioned Bama replacing 2 nfl receivers with 2 more and compared it to replacing our only current pro talent with keyton who is a below to average d1 receiver that will not be in the NFL.

Replacing production is one thing, replacing the fact when he's on the field the opposing team has to take account of where he is because he's one of the best deep threats we've had since peerless. No team is threatened by keyton or changing the defense because he's on the field.

You mentioned Bama replacing 2 nfl receivers with 2 more and compared it to replacing our only current pro talent with keyton who is a below to average d1 receiver that will not be in the NFL.

Replacing production is one thing, replacing the fact when he's on the field the opposing team has to take account of where he is because he's one of the best deep threats we've had since peerless. No team is threatened by keyton or changing the defense because he's on the field.
Maybe your right. Good thing for us they don’t have one player that really strikes fear into me. I can think of several for us

VN Store

Back