Guest Picker for Gameday

Her imagination library is famous across the nation and in other countries as well. I think you're seriously underestimating her impact and fame. This is about getting UT in the best light not about appealing to some kids who don't know her. If you're from TN then she was impossible to miss
We all have our own opinions. I think it would just be disappointing is all. I’m not the only one out there that thinks this.

Reactions: Jdw2920
We all have our own opinions. I think it would just be disappointing is all. I’m not the only one out there that thinks this.
I can see wanting someone else but If you're disappointed in any way with Dolly Parton representing Tennessee on tv then you have a screw loose or just don't understand the area. That's my opinion

I can see wanting someone else but If you're disappointed in any way with Dolly Parton representing Tennessee on tv then you have a screw loose or just don't understand the area. That's my opinion
Just not a Dolly fan, brother. Much rather see Peyton, Dobbs, Kamara or Witten.

Reactions: Jeff Clark
Her imagination library is famous across the nation and in other countries as well. I think you're seriously underestimating her impact and fame. This is about getting UT in the best light not about appealing to some kids who don't know her. If you're from TN then she was impossible to miss
My daughters are in their mid 20s, grew up in Texas, never miss College Gameday. They love Dolly.

Dolly would be a good choice since it's different than the typical "Bro Country" dude or former athlete/coach that typically makes these choices.

If you roll out Morgan Wallen, for example, no one nationally will care 5 minutes later since he another one in the long line of Bro Country dudes to do it. If you roll out Jason Witten, no one will care 5 mins later since he will be another former alumni to do it.

The reason why Katy Perry's guest picker is the gold standard is because it was different (and she was shitface wasted while picking)

You are the first person I have seen who would be disappointed and even Reece from Gameday said she would have been the biggest ever.

Dolly has a huge amusement park, resonates with older people for her music, resonates with younger people for her books, resonates with men for her boobs, and resonates with women for her boobs.

I would love Peyton, Johnny Knoxville, Wallen, etc... but would be cool as hell to see her on gameday as well.

Dolly would be a good choice since it's different than the typical "Bro Country" dude or former athlete/coach that typically makes these choices.

If you roll out Morgan Wallen, for example, no one nationally will care 5 minutes later since he another one in the long line of Bro Country dudes to do it. If you roll out Jason Witten, no one will care 5 mins later since he will be another former alumni to do it.

The reason why Katy Perry's guest picker is the gold standard is because it was different (and she was shitface wasted while picking)
This. Please, for the love of God, none of the Country bros.

You are about the only one I’ve noticed mentioning Dolly Parton nearly every post. Outside of East TN, I don’t believe anyone would be excited about her. Heck, I know I don’t and I’m from here. I’m 32 and I can almost guarantee you everyone younger than me would be disappointed. Which is majority of the College Gameday attendees. Just my two cents.

Dude, I have no dog in this fight but I think you are underestimating how well known Dolly Parton is.

Before Covid, I spent a great deal of my time overseas for work. Wasn't at all unusual to see local TV programming in some bizarre places referencing Dolly Parton.

I kid you not, when I lived in China was watching one of their daytime programs one time and they had a Chinese Dolly Parton impersonator. The studio crowd was eating it up.

I also have enough gay friends to know that Dolly is absolutely revered in that community.

My point being, that there are probably VERY few people out there who dislike Dolly Parton

This is in no way a big deal in anyway. Hell it's not even a deal. No one cares 5 minutes later. Most don't care while it's happening.

Reactions: white65

VN Store

Back