Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, not questioning the Vol fan part so much...but he's only one of the biggest country stars in the US.

I mean if you want to bring up a musical artist that's from the state who is popular right now then he's a good choice, never disputed that.

I'm just saying his music isn't good because of his album sells, that's all.
Not good to you… to most of the southeast and the rest of the country right now, he’s a monster and brings good recognition to UT

I don’t care about his music. He could sing the Barney song for all I care. I just think it’s stupid to be saying he shouldn’t be the choice because of YOUR particular taste in music. Guy loves the Vols, has multiple songs where he sings about the Vols, and is the number 1 country artist in the world.

He’s a great choice for picker. Bringing up the kardashians has nothing to do with this.

I didn't say that though.

I don’t care about his music. He could sing the Barney song for all I care. I just think it’s stupid to be saying he shouldn’t be the choice because of YOUR particular taste in music. Guy loves the Vols, has multiple songs where he sings about the Vols, and is the number 1 country artist in the world.

He’s a great choice for picker. Bringing up the kardashians has nothing to do with this.
Country music sucks.....but he would be a good choice!

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
Not good to you… to most of the southeast and the rest of the country right now, he’s a monster and brings good recognition to UT

The weird thing here is I never said he was good or wasn't good. Yet you're changing it to mean what you THINK it means instead of just reading what I did say.

Album sells isn't an indication of "good" using it to brow beat someone into believing a certain artist or album is good is pointless. Musical taste is subjective and everyone has different opinions of what "good" is and to them it hasn't got a thing to do with sells. That's all I've said about Morgan Wallen. I didn't say he was a bad choice to be the guest picker, I didn't say his music wasn't good.

Gues picker needs to be Tony V after having the #1 baseball team and SEC champions.
Unfortunately 95% of the country wouldn't know who he is. As awesome as last year was, college baseball is still college baseball...at least until we make it cool (if they will let us, which it sounds like they won't...)

This. My favorite musicians aren’t big UT fans, but it doesn’t mean I don’t want mega stars representing UT on national tv

Music that involves 808's and autotune isn't country music.

Change my mind
Heard a country playlist recently that sounded like Memphis/Atlanta produced rap with country vocals over it. Not to mention most of the country stars dress like white women from Orange County now.

giphy.gif

Then we agree. The only dispute seems to be me saying album sells doesn't mean your good.

Cause I don't care one way or another about Morgan Wallen as picker. Rather it be a Vol fan than a Florida fan.
I don’t disagree. I despise most music that tops the charts. I was just pointing to Wallen’s popularity

Reactions: ACvol3 and MoCo_Vol
I didn't say Bubba was the best choice, but I have a hard time believing a known liberal TV station is going to have a racist on their set. Just my opinion.

I mean...they would if it meant more views though.

He's not a bad choice, but I dislike it because I'd be worried that him being up there would turn the discussion that should happen (about the game) into a discussion that I personally feel shouldn't be had on College Gameday.

One of you Twitter warriors needs to drum up support for my idea of pairing Morgan Wallen with Bubba Wallace as guest pickers. It could be a healing moment for everyone.
That would be such a cringe moment for both of those guys whom have nothing to do with each other anyway. Pass. Bubba was gues last time, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back