Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y'all keep me and my family in your thoughts and prayers. We've sold our dad's house and we'll be out by tomorrow. Lots of great memories growing up there. Moved into that house when I was four. Dad built it. Seems surreal that someone else will be living there. My sister is really struggling with it. (I know it sounds silly as it does to me too.)
Well if you think of it as just a house, it seems silly. But the memories and sentimental attachment are very powerful and add a different perspective. Prayers for peace for you and your family.

Y'all keep me and my family in your thoughts and prayers. We've sold our dad's house and we'll be out by tomorrow. Lots of great memories growing up there. Moved into that house when I was four. Dad built it. Seems surreal that someone else will be living there. My sister is really struggling with it. (I know it sounds silly as it does to me too.)

That doesn't sound silly at all. I would think it would strange if you didn't feel that way.

Nico & Cam Seldon gonna be at the game. . . these recruits are gonna be blown away by this Neyland atmosphere.
Yes! And it's official that I'm going to be there to add some noise! Excited! Last Florida game I went to was when Tebow was a freshman. That loss was excruciating!

I don’t know who you are replying to bc it obviously wasn’t me…. First….I don’t think any game is a must win…we could lose Saturday and win the rest of our games. Clemson once lost a bowl game by giving up 77 points to West Virginia and made adjustments and was in the national title four years later…

This weekends game…. We should win bc we are the much better team…. Criticized if we don’t…. JH should also be critical of his team/staff if we lose…. Make the proper adjustments and try to keep moving forward… it is a huge game bc it was one of what Tennessee fans consider to be our big three and it will be much easier to grow if we show some wins against them. I love JH and am glad he is our coach but this stuff doesn’t change just bc I like him…. I agree that he has done an amazing job to this point.
I'm sure Heupel will be critical of everything. We are so far ahead of where we should be and were expected to be that the fans have no reason to be critical. The staff has shown that they know what they are doing. To this point, they have earned the trust of the fans to fix any issues without being chastised over any loss that was more likely to happen than not when they were hired.

Love it. Love that Vols are even in this position.

Not must win for me (like I have any say over anything) but I’ve watched both teams and my eyeballs tell me it’s a should-win. Better team, better scheme, better staff, Neyland will be electric.

I don’t think it’s gonna be close.
I agree. I think my point was just that this game would've never been a "should win" in the first place, if it weren't for the coaches. I've just read a few posts here and there that sems like some fans are setting up a narrative they will try to use to jump all over the coaches if they don't win. I thought it was odd to see that, considering its a "should win" game because of those coaches. If it were a Butch Jones, Pruitt, Dooley type of staff, we'd never be anywhere near this position.

Heupel is building a program, not just a team. He gets that to catch Alabama and Georgia he’s going to have to make a statement and be able to sell tangible results to recruits, not hope and promises. These guys are shooting for Championship play now.

Heupels bar is way higher than any expectations we’ve thrown out on VolNation.

I will be there, seeking 100 point beatdown for Elliott

Other thoughts:
-This is a pretty week opening weekend for the SEC
-LSU and FSU should have just done a home/home instead of these neutral sites near them

Charlottesville is a pretty cool town. Would rather do a home and home. Playing in Nashville...meh.

I'm sure Heupel will be critical of everything. We are so far ahead of where we should be and were expected to be that the fans have no reason to be critical. The staff has shown that they know what they are doing. To this point, they have earned the trust of the fans to fix any issues without being chastised over any loss that was more likely to happen than not when they were hired.
I’m sure Heup has his big boys panties on to where message board criticism won’t phase him….. it’s really not a big deal.

Going to my first game in Neyland stadium this weekend, sitting in section W. Any recommendations and advice?

Tell your wife you will have no voice on Sunday. Your ears will be ringing for days but you will want to do it again as soon as you can. Make sure you get there for all the pregame festivities. Take it all in.

Prayers for both of you. Hold the memories in your heart

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back