Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are people setting the expectations as must win? This was never the case for y2 when Heupel & staff were first hired. Just a few weeks ago everyone expected this to be a 50/50 game. Now all the sudden it's a must win, because we're clearly the better team?

It blows my mind how so many people ignore the fact that the sole reason we are a much better team now is because of Heupel & this staff, not it spite of them. There are very, very few coaches who could get our roster to perform and produce the way these guys have. The only reason we are in this great position right now is because of the coaches and AD White.

Win or lose, I will be grateful. Any other staff would be struggling in y2 with the roster they inherited. I'm thankful the coaches have raised the bar and expectations. But I'm not gonna give them hate because they lost a rivalry game in their second year.

Good grief, they have us nationally ranked @ #11 in 16 games since getting here!

None of this really matters, since we're gonna waffle stomp the gatas.
I don’t know who you are replying to bc it obviously wasn’t me…. First….I don’t think any game is a must win…we could lose Saturday and win the rest of our games. Clemson once lost a bowl game by giving up 77 points to West Virginia and made adjustments and was in the national title four years later…

This weekends game…. We should win bc we are the much better team…. Criticized if we don’t…. JH should also be critical of his team/staff if we lose…. Make the proper adjustments and try to keep moving forward… it is a huge game bc it was one of what Tennessee fans consider to be our big three and it will be much easier to grow if we show some wins against them. I love JH and am glad he is our coach but this stuff doesn’t change just bc I like him…. I agree that he has done an amazing job to this point.

Josh pate just previewed our game. His model has us favored by 14. He picked us to cover. Said that we are a really bad match up for Florida and he thinks it's more likely a blowout than a close game.

If Josh Pate, the fairest guy in college football, calls for a blowout, he really means it.

I don’t know who you are replying to bc it obviously wasn’t me…. First….I don’t think any game is a must win…we could lose Saturday and win the rest of our games. Clemson once lost a bowl game by giving up 77 points to West Virginia and made adjustments and was in the national title four years later…

This weekends game…. We should win bc we are the much better team…. Criticized if we don’t…. JH should also be critical of his team/staff if we lose…. Make the proper adjustments and try to keep moving forward… it is a huge game bc it was one of what Tennessee fans consider to be our big three and it will be much easier to grow if we show some wins against them. I love JH and am glad he is our coach but this stuff doesn’t change just bc I like him…. I agree that he has done an amazing job to this point.
Some games are a must win tho...

Why are people setting the expectations as must win? This was never the case for y2 when Heupel & staff were first hired. Just a few weeks ago everyone expected this to be a 50/50 game. Now all the sudden it's a must win, because we're clearly the better team?

It blows my mind how so many people ignore the fact that the sole reason we are a much better team now is because of Heupel & this staff, not it spite of them. There are very, very few coaches who could get our roster to perform and produce the way these guys have. The only reason we are in this great position right now is because of the coaches and AD White.

Win or lose, I will be grateful. Any other staff would be struggling in y2 with the roster they inherited. I'm thankful the coaches have raised the bar and expectations. But I'm not gonna give them hate because they lost a rivalry game in their second year.

Good grief, they have us nationally ranked @ #11 in 16 games since getting here!

None of this really matters, since we're gonna waffle stomp the gatas.
Love it. Love that Vols are even in this position.

Not must win for me (like I have any say over anything) but I’ve watched both teams and my eyeballs tell me it’s a should-win. Better team, better scheme, better staff, Neyland will be electric.

I don’t think it’s gonna be close.

I have the same expectatuons that I had last year before Heupel started. I expect to have a team that can CONSISTENTLY win 9+ games by 2024 and is always competitive against the big 3.

The fact that JH is ahead of schedule does not open him to criticism from me if we lose this game, in fact being AHEAD of schedule in this complete rebuild actually impresses me and shows me that he can get the job done of restoring us.

But you do you.
You don’t realize it but your expectations are ahead of mine…. I judge individual games/seasons by what’s going on at the time…. Several things could occur that wouldn’t allow this staff to be at 9 wins by year 4… My expectation is based on the fact that we are playing at home and much more talented than Florida…. It’s really that simple…. It’s a game we shouldn’t lose… I coach 11/12 year old football…. We are small team that I felt we should have won…. We(the coaching staff) blew it the first game…. We worked hard to make changes and dominated the second game…. That’s all it’s about…. Criticism isn’t the worst thing in the world….Keep striving to do better…Losing this one will make our staffs job harder bc they will keep showing the graphic on how we haven’t beat Florida.

Reactions: VolNash17
Love it. Love that Vols are even in this position.

Not must win for me (like I have any say over anything) but I’ve watched both teams and my eyeballs tell me it’s a should-win. Better team, better scheme, better staff, Neyland will be electric.

I don’t think it’s gonna be close.
I think we are going to blow them out and Napiers lane offense won’t be able to keep up

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back