Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are people setting the expectations as must win? This was never the case for y2 when Heupel & staff were first hired. Just a few weeks ago everyone expected this to be a 50/50 game. Now all the sudden it's a must win, because we're clearly the better team?

It blows my mind how so many people ignore the fact that the sole reason we are a much better team now is because of Heupel & this staff, not it spite of them. There are very, very few coaches who could get our roster to perform and produce the way these guys have. The only reason we are in this great position right now is because of the coaches and AD White.

Win or lose, I will be grateful. Any other staff would be struggling in y2 with the roster they inherited. I'm thankful the coaches have raised the bar and expectations. But I'm not gonna give them hate because they lost a rivalry game in their second year.

Good grief, they have us nationally ranked @ #11 in 16 games since getting here!

None of this really matters, since we're gonna waffle stomp the gatas.
You said all that so much better than I did...even though we basically posted the same thing.

That is exactly how I feel about it.

Well if you tweak your ankle on the last day of practice then you wouldn't be good to play. Until the gameday injury report is released I'd be cautious of anything said right now by AP or Mack.

I do like Fant working at RB. ESPECIALLY if he is willing and capable of picking up blitzes in the backfield. Wright made a good block on a LB blitz against Akron, but if Fant had made that same block he would have sent that LB into the shadow realm.

Fant has been busting heads the past few games. He was especially doing that against Akron. He has the physical part of TE down. I'd love to him get some tries as a jumbo RB. He's got the toughness and just having the option is nice. Our little RBs have been amazingly physical for their size and gotten some tough yards but they may struggle more in SEC play.

Now let's get the SEC out of Birmingham.

SEC offices need to be in Nashville, imo. With the additions that makes it more centered geographically whilst still being a neutral enough city. Basically, Nashville and Atlanta should be the only choices because they're big enough and have enough things going on to where the day to day pressure of only encountering one or two (Alabama or Auburn) fanbases is mitigated.

I feel like this upcoming game is déjà vu for me but this time it’s on the gators…I never realized how thin they were at QB!

Billy Napier is limiting Florida's offense; How that benefits the Vols

Well we know his next job

Booker_T_2018.jpg

Fant has been busting heads the past few games. He was especially doing that against Akron. He has the physical part of TE down. I'd love to him get some tries as a jumbo RB. He's got the toughness and just having the option is nice. Our little RBs have been amazingly physical for their size and gotten some tough yards but they may struggle more in SEC play.
Need to recruit bigger rbs

Reactions: UTProf
I agree but this rivalry is different... it's a head game just as much as it is on the field... and we are down our best WR who happens to be our QB's safety blanket, and have at least 2 RB's not at 100%... I think we win with home field advantage and word that their QB is not 100% mobile and they are gonna miss a player or two on D, but this will be closer than most think.

It's only a head game for fans. On average, Florida has had either better talent and/or better coaching since expansion. When things were more even, Fulmer won some of those push games. BUT Chavis versus Spurrier or Meyer was never a fair fight. With Spurrier's fun'n'gun we're talking about a very good DC forced to scheme against an offense that completely innovated the game and changed the way defenses worked and how players were recruited and assigned to defense and to his credit Chavis was one of the first to see that defenses had to adapt and to adapt to those offenses.

Trying to prepare for that offense at the start of the season but not so early on that it was the very first game was a Herculean task. While we usually had a big OOC game prior to playing UF, they tended to play absolutely no one until we faced them and so their identity was rarely on film prior to the game. But also to Chavis' credit when he finally did have film and time he produced a masterpiece -- our defensive gameplan for 2001 was a work of art.

Taking Spurrier and Meyer out of the equation, the few times we were favored or felt like we could do anything we were only slightly better and often we weren't better at all. It's been frustrating as hell because there are a few of those ugly games we should've won but there's no luck, magic, or head game type juju involved. You can't expect to win games where you're only the smallest bit better than opponent. You've got to be able to take it out of the officials hands and also take it out of lady luck's hands by not allowing an odd bounce here or there to dictate the winner.

Some people are straight up little (insert bannable word) in the football forum holy. I just saw someone say we have absolute zero chance and we will lose by muiltiple score. Some people are just pathetic man. Don’t with my little rant
10799E96-3E71-4965-BD2D-1FBE593BD831.gif

Y’all can check my post history. I’m not exactly the optimistic type re: Vol football. But expecting not only a loss, but a blowout? There’s a reason the Vols are favored by double digits, even with the uncertainty surrounding some of our key players. Tennessee is better. Yes, we can lose, but expecting it in this environment is such weak stuff.

Last edited:
Some people are straight up little (insert bannable word) in the football forum holy. I just saw someone say we have absolute zero chance and we will lose by muiltiple score. Some people are just pathetic man. Don’t with my little rant
I saw someone the other day over there suggest they line Milton up as a RB on some plays to try and confuse a defense...that's when I knew I had to exit out for the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back