Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y'all keep me and my family in your thoughts and prayers. We've sold our dad's house and we'll be out by tomorrow. Lots of great memories growing up there. Moved into that house when I was four. Dad built it. Seems surreal that someone else will be living there. My sister is really struggling with it. (I know it sounds silly as it does to me too.)
😞🙏. I’m sorry for you and your family. I went through it when my brother died and cried the whole time. Take time to get in your car, mourn and pray that you find strength and peace when you need to.

I didn’t imply any such thing…. That is your own fear and insecurities coming out…. All I have said is that the staff deserves criticism if we lose at home to Florida when we are the much better team… I also stated that it becomes much harder to reach our goals next season…. A UT coach has to have some level of success against our top rivals…. We desperately need to take advantage of this opportunity. I believe that we will and are going to smoke them…. I plan on singing Rocky Top all night long and dancing on Gator tears. Go Vols!
You just implied it again...jeez man.

Y'all keep me and my family in your thoughts and prayers. We've sold our dad's house and we'll be out by tomorrow. Lots of great memories growing up there. Moved into that house when I was four. Dad built it. Seems surreal that someone else will be living there. My sister is really struggling with it. (I know it sounds silly as it does to me too.)

It's tough. My dad died a little over 2 years ago and my mom couldn't stand living in their house (the house my brother and I grew up in) by herself. She moved after about 14 months alone and is now renting it out.

I stopped by the night before the renters moved in for some last-minute housecleaning and saw that a cable box had been delivered with the tenant's name on it. Was wild seeing someone else's name above MY address. Lived in that house from birth to age 20 and it was always "home" regardless of where I was living after moving out. Now I have my own house but it will never be home to me the way that house was.

I will be there, seeking 100 point beatdown for Elliott

Other thoughts:
-This is a pretty week opening weekend for the SEC
-LSU and FSU should have just done a home/home instead of these neutral sites near them

UVA looks AWFUL this season.

Should be an easy win.

TAMU is the real wild card in 2023. Like LSU this year (who I now feel less optimistic about than UF). Probably look bad this season, but will still have plenty of talent next year and all those 5 stars will grow up quickly. Will be interesting. Imo we'll have the better scheme and QB, but they'll have more overall talent.

Also Beamer…
5e08f99f-7d9d-40bd-83bd-2f37b376c80f_text.gif

Do you have such bad BVS that you can’t handle expectations?
Why are people setting the expectations as must win? This was never the case for y2 when Heupel & staff were first hired. Just a few weeks ago everyone expected this to be a 50/50 game. Now all the sudden it's a must win, because we're clearly the better team?

It blows my mind how so many people ignore the fact that the sole reason we are a much better team now is because of Heupel & this staff, not it spite of them. There are very, very few coaches who could get our roster to perform and produce the way these guys have. The only reason we are in this great position right now is because of the coaches and AD White.

Win or lose, I will be grateful. Any other staff would be struggling in y2 with the roster they inherited. I'm thankful the coaches have raised the bar and expectations. But I'm not gonna give them hate because they lost a rivalry game in their second year.

Good grief, they have us nationally ranked @ #11 in 16 games since getting here!

None of this really matters, since we're gonna waffle stomp the gatas.

Do you have such bad BVS that you can’t handle expectations?
I have the same expectatuons that I had last year before Heupel started. I expect to have a team that can CONSISTENTLY win 9+ games by 2024 and is always competitive against the big 3.

The fact that JH is ahead of schedule does not open him to criticism from me if we lose this game, in fact being AHEAD of schedule in this complete rebuild actually impresses me and shows me that he can get the job done of restoring us.

But you do you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back