Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the difference in a blow-out and a competitive game (at least in the first half) will be if Florida's defense can generate any positive plays for them.

Both teams will be amped up, the rivalry, the atmosphere, it's a big deal regardless of roster or records. If their defense is able to generate a turnover or even a TD then they'll play us tight/close until we're able to drive and score on them.

If I'm the staff I'd want our defense to open the game and see if they can get a quick 3 and out or TO and get into AR & Napier's heads early.
I also expect at least 2 trick plays and a fake kick/punt.

They need to go all out. We need to be ready.

You can always count on Florida to play their tip top best against us which means it's no time to start believing the hype of all the oddsmakers. We have to come out like we're playing for the SEC championship. If we play our best Florida has no chance, but we have to play our best. We need a three score bubble to keep it out of the refs hands.

I HATE Jimmy Hyams and his BS reporting.

There is a replay, the Akron guy not only grabbed Calloway's facemask but also swung first. No "apparently" to it, you can watch it in HD.
The Akron guy pulled Calloway around the field by his facemask (with impunity) which is a serious foul because it can cause serious neck injury, and then struck him in the face of the helmet with his fist twice.
AF2D168B-7F1C-487A-880E-4E328F46A8A3.jpeg
The Knoxville media needs to be cleaned out like the AD office was. They absolutely suck -- and of course the network also played coverup. Heupel, on the other hand, has to make a call on what best contributes to the culture he is building: that is a separate question. The media's job here is to stop lying (by omission) about what really happened. And it happened all night.

Edit: credit to @SmokinBob #23,478

Last edited:
I'm at an odd place. I'm strangely indifferent about a loss in this game - a loss wouldn't change any of my preseason expectations for Tennessee and it would just be another in a long line of losses to Florida. But everything in me thinks Tennessee not only wins, they win big and it will look something like the Missouri and South Carolina games from last year - a complete boat racing from the opening bell.

We'll see how it goes! Gonna be fun to watch!

Some are expecting a big win and can handle it if it doesn't happen. The optimism of posters like Doc is fun. Others, not so much.

i see some building the excuse to bash if we lose. They'll bring the usual, tiresome melt down again. They just can't handle their expectations not being met.

Pretty much everybody was predicting a
7-5 to 9-3 season, with 8-4 being the average. And UF was one of those possible losses. We can lose (but we won't) and still have the season almost everybody expected, if not better. I know, but it's the Gators.

Yeah, it's a must-win... for some fans' sanity.
I'm as guilty as anyone falling in to the 'welp, here we go again' mode. Had a couple of those in the Pitt game if I'm being honest.

It's frustrating. Cause we have seen that movie what feels like a thousand times. So the reaction almost becomes a learned response.

We lose Saturday, then beat LSU... Err'body fine again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back