Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
My biggest concern if Tillman can't go is if Florida uses press coverage. Bru can probably get off it, but not sure Hyatt is strong enough (although fast enough). Who's next man up; Keyton, Holiday, Merrill?

Hyatt bulked up and worked on getting off press coverage all summer. This will be a good test for him if they do that but so far so good for Hyatt.

So what were the injury updates?

I think RB will be fine. Wright & Sampson both could be starters honestly. WR room has lots of bodies, maybe Keyton & Bru will have big games.
Sampson got injured too. If he can’t go, we’re down to Wright and JT.

The rewatch is more angering than the first. Me every time I watch Akron players diving at our knees...

angry-hungry.gif

I think 2016 was the last time our fans collectively felt like "this is the year", 2012 before that. 2009 our coach talked a lot of smack so our fans did too but we didn't think we were winning the SEC that year. Before that, 2006 was a big bounce back year for us, and 2007 was a wild year for everyone, but our fans haven't done the "every year is our year" thing in a long time.

And I don't think our fanbase is any worse than any other SEC team that gets excited about a new coach, or a team finally coming together.

Even going into this year, were we really doing the "this is our year" thing? I saw most people saying 8 wins +/- 2 wins depending on your individual optimism/negativity.

“Every year is our year” is a lazy assumption made by opposing fanbases for UT fans. 2012 and 2016 were the only years in the last decade in which most UT fans in unison were believing that.

You’re really hung up on this title IX and “woke” thing huh
You’re really hung up on this title IX and “woke” thing huh
Because it is real and it rules college campuses right now. Beamer coaches at an institution with female coaches who are leading proponents of this ideology. It is the unpardonable sin in our culture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back