Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Benching him for getting into a fight during a football game….. that’s ridiculous and extremely soft.
Nah, it’s the 6 haymakers over virtually nothing then having it be restrained. Kid had an opportunity to get some playing time and I’m afraid he won’t get another chance for awhile. Has nothing to do with being soft. Everything to do with being focused…
We can agree to disagree…

Reactions: SmokinBob
So has an injury report come out yet from yesterday, or is that most likely a tomorrow thing?

Here is the Gameday history for the Vols:

All-Time Tennessee ESPN College GameDay Appearances

Sept. 9, 1995 Georgia at No. 8 Tennessee
Oct. 14, 1995 No. 6 Tennessee at No. 12 Alabama

Sept. 21, 1996 No. 4 Florida at No. 2 Tennessee

Sept. 20, 1997 No. 4 Tennessee at No. 2 Florida
Jan. 2, 1998 No. 3 Tennessee vs. No. 2 Nebraska
Orange Bowl (Miami, Fla.)

Oct. 10, 1998 No. 4 Tennessee at No. 7 Georgia
Jan. 4, 1999 No. 2 Florida State vs. No. 1 Tennessee
BCS National Championship Game / Fiesta Bowl (Tempe, Ariz.)

Sept. 18, 1999 No. 2 Tennessee at No. 4 Florida
Nov. 6, 1999 No. 24 Notre Dame at No. 4 Tennessee

Sept. 16, 2000 No. 6 Florida at No. 11 Tennessee

Dec. 1, 2001 No. 5 Tennessee at No. 2 Florida

Sept. 21, 2002 No. 10 Florida at No. 4 Tennessee
Nov. 9, 2002 No. 2 Miami at Tennessee

Oct. 2, 2004 No. 8 Auburn at No. 10 Tennessee
Dec. 4, 2004 No. 15 Tennessee vs. No. 3 Auburn
SEC Championship (Atlanta, Ga.)

Oct. 28, 2006 No. 8 Tennessee at South Carolina
Nov. 11, 2006 No. 13 Tennessee at No. 11 Arkansas

Sept. 15, 2012 No. 18 Florida at No. 23 Tennessee

Sept. 10, 2016 Virginia Tech vs. No. 17 Tennessee
Battle at Bristol (Bristol, Tenn.)
Sept. 24, 2016 No. 19 Florida at No. 14 Tennessee
Oct. 8, 2016 No. 9 Tennessee at No. 8 Texas A&M

Sept. 24, 2022 No. 20 Florida at No. 11 Tennessee

Nah, it’s the 6 haymakers over virtually nothing then having it be restrained. Kid had an opportunity to get some playing time and I’m afraid he won’t get another chance for awhile. Has nothing to do with being soft. Everything to do with being focused…
We can agree to disagree…

I agree to disagree somewhat. It wasn't "basically nothing" IMO. Akron played dirty. It was enough that even Heupel himself seemed noticeably perturbed. I'm sure Calloway will face some internal punishment, and will probably miss a few games, but I think he'll be back.

We need to pump the brakes. Sure we beat Ball State and Akron. They are bad, bad teams. We beat a mediocre Pitt team, but struggled. I believe this team could be special, but I am noticing a lot of mediocre teams this year. Mediocre teams can win or lose against any other team.
Pitt, FSU, LSU, Louisville, Florida, UCF, Kentucky, and WVU look mediocre and have all played against each other. The Vols looked mediocre against Pitt. Saturday we need to separate ourselves from mediocrity. We need to clean up the special team mistakes, stop missing tackles, and be physical at the line of scrimmage. It is time to shine and leave mediocrity behind.
Truth.

Reactions: ButchAintOne
We need to pump the brakes. Sure we beat Ball State and Akron. They are bad, bad teams. We beat a mediocre Pitt team, but struggled. I believe this team could be special, but I am noticing a lot of mediocre teams this year. Mediocre teams can win or lose against any other team.
Pitt, FSU, LSU, Louisville, Florida, UCF, Kentucky, and WVU look mediocre and have all played against each other. The Vols looked mediocre against Pitt. Saturday we need to separate ourselves from mediocrity. We need to clean up the special team mistakes, stop missing tackles, and be physical at the line of scrimmage. It is time to shine and leave mediocrity behind.
You left out..stop missing or not seeing wide open recievers, stop dropping balls that hit you right in the hands, and stop missing or not holding blocks.

To be fair that is kind of nitpicking, but just like it was against Pitt, there are not going to be as many easy opportunities. We left at least 14 fairly easy points on the field against Pitt due to those things.

Reactions: volinbama256
Outside of like 2-3 teams on our schedule who is better in the trenches than Pitt? Legit front 7 and one of the most experienced OL’s in the sport. They are a legitimate team.
And Slovis is a good tough QB, Israel Akanawhathisname is a good RB, and they have solid WRs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back