• We've had an issue with our name servers today that may be affecting a number of users from accessing the site.

Calloway ejected

Jennings stomped on someone’s head and got half a game….I don’t see Calloway getting 2 unless Heupel is the one handing the suspension down.

Reactions: dduncan4163
@The Tall Gguy you can start stupid crap with 99% of the posters on this board if you really want to waste your time and energy on it. @Freak is one of the 1% that you can’t. Get that crap outta here.

Punches shouldn't be thrown on a football field at all. If it was a Bama player, y'all would cry about it for 2 months. The severity of punishment is relative to the severity of the action. 1 punch and then stopping is bad. Repeatedly punching someone in a football game over basically nothing is extremely dumb and selfish.
I literally took the middle ground on this but you and @Volnanza apparently have zero reading comprehension. I didn't say a whole season or never again. I said a game or 2 to learn the lesson that your decisions can impact the team, not just you.

Again, what does the punch count matter? 1 punch or 100, if you feel he should be removed for throwing 5, you should feel the same if someone throws 1. Someone that throws a singular punch, lost their cool and are not controlling their emotions. Rosters would be pretty thin in that case.
Like I said, 1 punch is bad and should warrant being ejected from that game. The difference is he had 5 opportunities to say "hmm, maybe this isn't the best idea" and chose to anyway. Decisions have consequences. Maybe you haven't learned that yet.

Reactions: Nickid1975
Like I said, 1 punch is bad and should warrant being ejected from that game. The difference is he had 5 opportunities to say "hmm, maybe this isn't the best idea" and chose to anyway. Decisions have consequences. Maybe you haven't learned that yet.
Oh, I’ve learned that and many other lessons. Such as it’s usually the ones crying the most who have the most to hide.

Reactions: topdog4tn
Part of the game and the heat sometimes.. He'll be allright. Though I did watch a helmet win a fist fight.....lol

For those saying he should never see the field again, likely never got off the bench or ever played a sport. We dont see everything that happens. I am in no way saying he was justified in his actions. My son done the same thing. We all have our breaking point!
The game my son snapped was already out of hand and coaches had already been ejected. I had just told the guy next to me that they needed to get it under conteol. Not even 2 plays later they are dragging my son off the field. So naturally I run around the field to try and meet him off the field. My first instinct is to get him calmed down....then the hard disciplinary he knows me to be. Tears welled up in the kids eyes and he said "Dad he kept hitting me in the balls". Coaches were drunk and encouraging it. He was smart enough to jerk the kids helmet off first.
Go to a meeting the next week and get the "We wont tolerate this type of behaviour " speech. My son isnt some hooligan thug. We make assumptions from afar...when we dont have a clue of what happened. That game was a bit chippy for a cupcake game. Roast away! Go Vols!

For those saying he should never see the field again, likely never got off the bench or ever played a sport. We dont see everything that happens. I am in no way saying he was justified in his actions. My son done the same thing. We all have our breaking point!
The game my son snapped was already out of hand and coaches had already been ejected. I had just told the guy next to me that they needed to get it under conteol. Not even 2 plays later they are dragging my son off the field. So naturally I run around the field to try and meet him off the field. My first instinct is to get him calmed down....then the hard disciplinary he knows me to be. Tears welled up in the kids eyes and he said "Dad he kept hitting me in the balls". Coaches were drunk and encouraging it. He was smart enough to jerk the kids helmet off first.
Go to a meeting the next week and get the "We wont tolerate this type of behaviour " speech. My son isnt some hooligan thug. We make assumptions from afar...when we dont have a clue of what happened. That game was a bit chippy for a cupcake game. Roast away! Go Vols!
Respectable point of view and completely understandable in that situation

Reactions: Tennbleedsorange
Respectable point of view and completely understandable in that situation
As a parent what do you do? Tell him to just take it and walk away? He made refs aware of it and it continued on for several plays. He never got in to another fight at school or get in to any kind of trouble.I wasnt thrilled that my son made someone elses kid bleed in front of a couple thousand people. Great kids are forced to make decisions on the fly and they arent going to always get it right. We as a nation have become soft to justice and morales but thats another thread for another day .

As a parent what do you do? Tell him to just take it and walk away? He made refs aware of it and it continued on for several plays. He never got in to another fight at school or get in to any kind of trouble.I wasnt thrilled that my son made someone elses kid bleed in front of a couple thousand people. Great kids are forced to make decisions on the fly and they arent going to always get it right. We as a nation have become soft to justice and morales but thats another thread for another day .
IF something like that came out about the Calloway situation I'd argue he shouldn't have even been ejected but based on what we know it wasn't warranted. Not going to hold it against him forever but I like to be consistent. If I think a Florida or Bama player should be reprimanded in that situation, I can't have double standards for Vols. Not the whole season but it wouldn't surprise me to see him sit the Florida game. He may be a starter next year and he needs to know his choices affect the team and ego has to be put aside. Obviously there are circumstances that change things but that's the exception.

Reactions: Tennbleedsorange
Calloway shouldn’t see the field after that. Finally sees the field and makes a couple catches and then that.
I checked to see if it was the same DB that took out Tillman but it wasn't.

Thing is those guys were playing dirty and talking a lot of trash. Looks like the guy says something to Tillman after the hit and he sees him on the ground. Maybe the other DB said something and maybe Callaway was avenging Tillman. If that is the case, I am fine with it.

Reactions: ButchPlz
Aside from any punishment, Calloway will have to regain the coaches' confidence. They won't want to put him on the field if they believe there's a chance he might blow up again, and cost them 15 at a critical point in a game.

Reactions: volinSmyrna
Pansies, Pansies, let it ride. If everyone trusts coach let it be, he will take care of it. None of were in the trenches and don't know what went down. Please flame away to make yourself feel a better human being. Won't hurt my feelings.

Pansies, Pansies, let it ride. If everyone trusts coach let it be, he will take care of it. None of were in the trenches and don't know what went down. Please flame away to make yourself feel a better human being. Won't hurt my feelings.

Pruitt would have let it slide. You want that kind of culture for our players? Calloway deserves some punishment. Hopefully he builds off of this and never does it again.

Pruitt would have let it slide. You want that kind of culture for our players? Calloway deserves some punishment. Hopefully he builds off of this and never does it again.
Pruitt would not have thrown to him anyway. Then would have made it public, instead of looking at the incident and dealing with it properly. Give coach a chance

Exactly....not saying he shouldnt. My son was also made to sit a game and run an ungodly amount of what they called "hills". That was in no way to justify him or my son. If it becomes a pattern then tell him to kick rocks. They are all kids though and everyone isnt raised the same way. I was taught to not take anything off anyone and I think I grew up being a hot head because of that. Thankfully as I have gotten older and matured with Gods help I gained control of myself. I am thankful that my kids werent as som say "paying for your raising". They arent perfect but they are way better than me and thats all I can ask. God is good! Go Vols! For the most part I have always been a reader not a poster. Convictions! Have some!

Reactions: Ovol and DixieVol
Unfortunately, lapses in judgment can have serious repercussions. Pretty sure in this will involve baring his sole on the steps in Neyland until his guts feel like Mike Tyson has been massaging it.

Likely so, but my point was that the punishment would be handed out by Coach H not the couch coaches. Calloway’s actions were unacceptable but I can not sit here and pretend like I have never lost my cool just like he did.

VN Store

Back