Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully Dee Williams and Mitchell plays Saturday. We need help at both positions. If they do play I wonder if they were suspended for the first two games for violating some team rule that was handled in-house. Totally guessing here.
I thought I read somewhere that Williams was recovering from injury… don’t have a link though.

A ton of Milton. Air it out with the guys he is gonna have next year.
Hooker still needs to tighten up and get some stats under his belt to make sure we’ve improved his draft stock. There are still some misses in two games I’d love to see him connect on. We are 2-0 and have a beatable Florida team limping into neyland next week. Next year? Let’s keep everyone dialed in for THiS year and make some noise edit… I’ll add if w handle it like ball st Milton is going to be getting plenty of reps and I have gained a ton of respect for how he’s handled himself at our program.

Yeah, given our history with the UF game. . . having a 70+% chance to win seems like a lot. Pushing towards 80% chance seems crazy.

I really thought they'd open the line @ -4 or -5 UT and let the bettors push the market.

It's pretty phenomenal how accurate the final spread is most the time.

Last week was -6.5 . . . it moved to -7 or -7.5 at some point, before falling back to -6.5. Win by 7.

They capped our score @ 37.5pts and Pitt at 28.5pts. 34-27 win.

The props haven't opened yet, but I'm real curious to see where they cap our team total @.

I can’t find the record but Napier is tremendous as an underdog. He wins like 70% of the time as an underdog. I think he also does not blow out opponents and typically wins or loses close games. I wish I had the details I only heard these on the radio recently. Just something to think about.

You're so deep Doc. We just go forward... low man wins.

Had that happen once. I had to back down a winding dirt road for about 1/2 mile before there was a spot to pull over enough for the other vehicle to get around. This was long before backup cameras. Road was just as narrow but the drop off was no where near the one in that video. I was alone in my Jeep Wrangler, the other vehicle had two small kids and Dad was already white knuckling it…

so do you pay $1200 for a plane ticket to Santa Fe and drive an hour to Taos or pay $475 for a plane ticket to Denver and drive 4 and a half hours to Taos?

Fly to Denver. The drive isn’t bad. Definitely consider it a nice drive.

Depends also on how long you are going to be in Taos. Alone or with how many people? Should provide more info for educated opinions…solo weekend trip, tough call. Multiple people even for the weekend, drive the distance and eat like royalty 😎

Personally, I would set aside the difference for some really nice meals.

You owe it to yourselves to go back and watch the UK/UF game. It is revealing. It is why we call them Kensucky and also why it is time to put the UF jinx in the rearview with a thrashing.

Levis does not go through his progressions well at all, especially under pressure. As easily as they pulled away in the second half he still missed several wide open receivers in the middle of the field to throw into double and triple coverage underneath that he got away with. Their O-line does not block well on the run game, which was pretty obvious. So just use the Pitt D game plan on both UK and UF and make their QB's lives miserable because there is nothing else on the field to hurt you enough to beat you.

If UK or UF try to focus on just Hooker, we have a system and too many weapons at WR and RB for them to get away with it. A bad day at the office on O would be against a quality D like Pitt's in their house, which we still got 31 while leaving at least 14 points on the field with miscues and turnovers.

We have a real shot at a special season if we just keep growing and maturing as a team each week subject to Birmingham and injuries. I really like what Banks is putting together on D as a program. Hope we can keep him around for awhile.

You would think that the refs should be on our side this year given that we could be (at absolute worst case 2nd in the East) very special. I know that it’s unlikely to happen, but would be hilarious if Tennessee starts getting the controversial calls, etc. Heck if we just get neutral ref crews, we’re going to wreck the SEC.

That’s why I remain at

15-0 🤠

You would think that the refs should be on our side this year given that we could be (at absolute worst case 2nd in the East) very special. I know that it’s unlikely to happen, but would be hilarious if Tennessee starts getting the controversial calls, etc. Heck if we just get neutral ref crews, we’re going to wreck the SEC.

That’s why I remain at

15-0 🤠
Isn’t Cutcliffe in Birmingham now? I’m here for preferential treatment for once.

Reactions: SmokinBob
so do you pay $1200 for a plane ticket to Santa Fe and drive an hour to Taos or pay $475 for a plane ticket to Denver and drive 4 and a half hours to Taos?
always go direct as you can. areas below Denver are a trip in of themselves.

as a drive though, it doth sucketh.

I hope we show up like that kid who has been bullied & has had enough and just decides to stomp the piss out of anyone who even looks like they have a thought in their head.

That’s where I am too. Hellions of VN RF unite!

Put the bvs in the closet, barricade the door and let’s run roughshod over the poor souls unlucky enough to be on our schedule this season.

15-0 🤠

46553DEC-3F84-42FB-8CD6-5E8A3B062E4A.gif

5FD4B5E6-2E7F-4B3D-9DF9-DC119580166D.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back