All things STOCKS

Have you ever done that? I believe that the bonds purchased via tax refund are mailed out and am a little leery of the security.
Don't trust your family?;)

Actually, US savings bonds can only be cashed by the owner. Banks are extremely careful about cashing them. They are also very careful about cashing Gov't checks. many banks will only let you deposit one into an account.

Last edited:
Placed two more put, sell limit orders on. Right now day orders to sell MMM, WHR, and AMZN puts. Sold the NFLX 2208916 P 217.5 this morning.

Only an hour to go on the 3x open orders. I’m not going to adjust the prices today. I think that shares will probably be even lower in the morning. I don’t think that the opportunity to sell puts is over. BUT the 9/16 premiums will be eroding quickly.

And BOOM. All 3 orders executed. I’m afraid to look at all of my long stock positions.

I’m now short MMM, NFLX, AMZN, and WHR put contracts as well as a covered call on MSTR.

Reactions: mrorange211
honestly a 75 or 100 BPS scares tf out of me because I don't think the system can handle it. our entire market is built off credit and it will be gone.

We should be incentivizing hemp farming and product development all over the country. Republicans should be for it - pro business. Democrats should be for it - pro environment. Libertarians should be for it - less dependence on big government and big corporations. You know who doesn’t want that industry to thrive? The politicians of every variety that take campaign donations from the petro chemical lobbyists and the oil/plastics mega corporatists that fund that system.

HEMPEARTH Composites Coming Soon!

8D9F4289-9B29-4BCA-BE8C-6E615B499057.jpeg17217CC6-6CA0-42C4-842C-2C7AA90E262A.jpeg

BTW, QT ramps up to 95 billion starting Thursday.

I just can’t get my arms around QE and QT. Monetary policy just leaves me scratching my head. At least I have a better understanding of the effect and the desired results. Higher mortgage costs especially will blast through the economy. I hope that those Ivy League boys and girls pulling the strings aren’t too reckless. Don’t pull a Jimmy Carter on us please.

The extended hours session is slightly higher. But I’m expecting more selling pressure between the opening bell and early afternoon. At least enough to put my short puts in the money (but not ITM for me).

MSTR is $231.25 (229.10/233.00 B/A). 5 day range is $201.00-$270.33.

With only 3 sessions left I’m far from confident that my short MSTR 230916 C 252.5 doesn’t get assigned and my shares are called away. But I won’t mind an additional $21.25/share plus the cash added to the account. IV is 142.42%. Bitcoin is hanging strong at $20,250.

I suppose being in the assignment lottery for any contracts closed when the shares were $270 is possible (and having your number come up would be fortunate). I have no idea how that procedure works. I don’t know if you’d already have been notified or if it all shakes out AFTER expiration.

I need to run through the OIC/OCC free courses and see if I can learn something. Hopefully they are useful and not sales pitches to draw in lots of less educated retail investors.

Home

Shouldn't the VIX be at least 30 on a -4%+ day?

View attachment 489848
The fact that it wasn't makes me think we aren't near the low for this most recent push lower, and probably that the June low isn't *the* low on a longer-term basis.

I'd like to see a meaningful push below the low from June, and I think you could put some long-term cash to work there.

There might be a buying opportunity to pick up the RR customers. Nucor (NUE) is off 11.3% today. Alcoa (AA) is -10.9%. Cleveland Cliff (CLF) is -8.5%.

Interestingly, CSX is only down -1.05% today. Norfolk (NSC) is off -2.16%.

Palo Alto (PANW) had a 3:1 split today. It’s a lot easier to trade options on PANW when 100x shares cost $18,000 instead of $55,000. They need to post some profits though. But they’re close. Negative 200x multiple, but under $1/share loss.

There might be a buying opportunity to pick up the RR customers. Nucor (NUE) is off 11.3% today. Alcoa (AA) is -10.9%. Cleveland Cliff (CLF) is -8.5%.

Interestingly, CSX is only down -1.05% today. Norfolk (NSC) is off -2.16%.

I spoke with neighbor across the street. He buys steel at his job. Said the price is down about 40%. Expects next year to be crummy for them.

The fact that it wasn't makes me think we aren't near the low for this most recent push lower, and probably that the June low isn't *the* low on a longer-term basis.

I'd like to see a meaningful push below the low from June, and I think you could put some long-term cash to work there.
Is it written in stone that the bottom, whenever it comes, has to be a dramatic capitulation with fear, panic selling, etc. Or could it just be a day like yesterday?

stock-capitulation.jpg

Reactions: Big Orange#1

VN Store

Back