All things STOCKS

NFLX 220916 P 217.5 buy limit order placed at $2.90

High was only $2.30 so it probably won’t execute. Unless today gets really bloody. The stock is up from the low.

Nasty reversal this morning. Market is sending all kinds of mixed messages. 200 DMA is still lower, 50 DMA still rising and we undercut it this morning.

I have a margin account off 6.5% and a couple of IRAs off 3.2% and 3.6%.

It happens a couple times a year. The algorithms are programmed to drive equities into the ground.

It seems like the circuit breakers used to kick in sooner than they do now:

Since February 2013, there have been market-wide circuit breakers that respond to single-day declines in the S&P 500 index. When the index falls by 7% below its previous close, it is considered a Level 1 decline. A Level 2 decline refers to a drop of 13%. Finally, a Level 3 decline refers to a drop of 20%. These levels have not changed as of March 2022.

Whirlpool (WHR) is down over 7% today. It’s also down almost $100 from it’s 52-week high of $245. That’s not a bad bet for a conservative leaning, long term investor. It has a positive correlation to the housing industry, so it might take a year or more to fly again. But it it still a good widow stock. 13x earnings multiple. 4.7% dividend. 11.4/7.0 dividend coverage ratio.

Reactions: walkenvol
I wish it would. I have way too much cash. Every time we have a selloff it immediately starts to bounce back.

Put $10k in iBonds now and another $10k in them in 2023. Do it EVERY year.

KEY FACTS: I Bonds can be purchased through October 2022 at the current rate. That rate is applied to the 6 months after the purchase is made. For example, if you buy an I bond on July 1, 2022, the 9.62% would be applied through December 31, 2022. Interest is compounded semi-annually.

REMEMBER! You can only purchase up to $10,000 in electronic I bonds each calendar year.

TreasuryDirect - Home

My entire fund has been cash since May. It's coming. Just a matter of when.

I think that the mega caps are distorting the indexes. Seems like everything is already near their 52-week lows. Lots of good companies are down 50%.

This is nothing like, for example, the late 70s/early 80s. Good jobs are plentiful. Interest rates are still reasonable. Inflation isn’t ridiculous. The deficit/ND needs to be reeled in though.

KEY FACTS: I Bonds can be purchased through October 2022 at the current rate. That rate is applied to the 6 months after the purchase is made. For example, if you buy an I bond on July 1, 2022, the 9.62% would be applied through December 31, 2022. Interest is compounded semi-annually.

REMEMBER! You can only purchase up to $10,000 in electronic I bonds each calendar year.

TreasuryDirect - Home
Make sure youhave a significant tax refund( 1-20 est payment), and you can buy more with your refund. Unless things have changed.

I think that the mega caps are distorting the indexes. Seems like everything is already near their 52-week lows. Lots of good companies are down 50%.

This is nothing like, for example, the late 70s/early 80s. Good jobs are plentiful. Interest rates are still reasonable. Inflation isn’t ridiculous. The deficit/ND needs to be reeled in though.

It's funny but I feel the exact opposite. I couldn't care less about the deficit especially compared to others. Jobs are strong if consider people having two jobs to support their families strong. Groceries rose 13% last month. This is not under control.

It's funny but I feel the exact opposite. I couldn't care less about the deficit especially compared to others. Jobs are strong if consider people having two jobs to support their families strong. Groceries rose 13% last month. This is not under control.

Lots of $15/hour jobs aren’t being filled. Maybe the next couple of levels better aren’t as plentiful. But I think that anybody that wants a job can have a job. They might need a roommate to afford a nice apartment and riding public transportation might be necessary (but they can work at home and have Amazon deliver their groceries). On the other hand, millennials might could struggle to live within their means. Keeping up with the Joneses is hard to resist for many.

I think that the extreme gas price spike trickled down to everything else. Biden’s energy EOs are a disaster. We were a net exporter not long ago.

I wouldn’t want to be German though. They are staring at an energy crisis. They better keep their nuke plants online if possible. The US still has a far more favorable energy mix. For now.

Reactions: mrorange211

TreasuryDirect - Home

I did this in April - anxiously awaiting my next opportunity

Reactions: Thunder Good-Oil
Make sure youhave a significant tax refund( 1-20 est payment), and you can buy more with your refund. Unless things have changed.
Have you ever done that? I believe that the bonds purchased via tax refund are mailed out and am a little leery of the security.

Placed two more put, sell limit orders on. Right now day orders to sell MMM, WHR, and AMZN puts. Sold the NFLX 2208916 P 217.5 this morning.

Only an hour to go on the 3x open orders. I’m not going to adjust the prices today. I think that shares will probably be even lower in the morning. I don’t think that the opportunity to sell puts is over. BUT the 9/16 premiums will be eroding quickly.

My argument is if your country prints the reserve currency of the world, who cares? Literally what difference does the debt make if you own the bank?

I’m not a monetary policy guy. But with rising rates and the debt escalating, the interest is/will be wrecking fiscal policy. Next stop for the ND is $31 trillion.

https://www.usdebtclock.org/

That's what I'm saying. We will just default to printing more money. I'm not sure the debt actually matters because the money is backed up by America's military power.

VN Store

Back