2024 Recruiting Thread

And do we need to point out every "whiff"? They can't ALL come here!

Nope.

But we are one month shy of going two full years without a high school commit so there just hasn't been anything else to talk about on that front. And it looks like we are down to just a couple of possibilities for this class. This is probably the key weekend with our two main targets at LSU. If they get snatched from underneath us then the clock may not stop counting for a long time yet.

The longer we go without a top flight commit the harder it will be to get one since it will be used against us on the recruiting trail.

Conversely, if we can get a few, the floodgates may open. Lots riding on this year's recruiting and on the court efforts. It's a pivotal year.

Nope.

But we are one month shy of going two full years without a high school commit so there just hasn't been anything else to talk about on that front. And it looks like we are down to just a couple of possibilities for this class. This is probably the key weekend with our two main targets at LSU. If they get snatched from underneath us then the clock may not stop counting for a long time yet.

The longer we go without a top flight commit the harder it will be to get one since it will be used against us on the recruiting trail.

Conversely, if we can get a few, the floodgates may open. Lots riding on this year's recruiting and on the court efforts. It's a pivotal year.

Hand wringing and the sky is falling. My question is —— Do we have a full roster or not? Last I saw we were actually one over the scholarship limit. Have I missed something? Don’t know about anyone else,but I trust these coaches to know what they are doing. No amount of pessimism on our part will or should faze them. Give them support!

It’s still new but not sure the portal recruiting model is the way to go.

It's going to be interesting to see how it pans out. It's easy to forget that Tennessee brought in Hollingshead, who is a 6'-5" center ranked in the top 50 in her recruiting class. She represents a lot of potential for Tennessee, but also to recruits, represents someone who would take some of that playing time on the inside. But since she's a transfer who has yet to take the court, it's easy to forget that she's there.

You may be right in the sense of getting that top shelf playmaker who can change a game - like a Horston or a Davis. Tennessee needs that element, and it feels like it should be easier - if not better - to recruit it rather than bring it in through transfer.

It’s still new but not sure the portal recruiting model is the way to go.

well let's see how this season goes...

South Carolina's first championship came because of Aja Wilson but let's not be fooled Alisha Gray and Kaela Davis both played parts in that and they were both transfers.

Mulkey won her last one with a huge transfer.

So while that not may not help us as fans with our anxiousness over high school recruits I won't downplay the ability of the transfer portal and this season will be a good indicator of how impactful it can be.

All? How about somebody--anybody. We got 1 last year, have got 0 this year with the clock winding down and with '24 commits starting, have 0 for next year.

As long as kellie keeps pulling in players out of the transfer portal and putting up good teams... I'm good lol

Walker... has been good
Green... was more impactful then i thought she'd be
Dye... great pick up

This season with Powell, Jackson, Franklin, and Jillian will be telling.

I am also anxious for a HS commit but not as worried because of who we pulled in the transfer portal with an already stacked team pretty much. If they could do that we are going to field good rosters.

So it's been awhile since a HS commit but considering we went from having 1 HS All American to 4 in one summer im more of wait and see what happens and who is available lol

One person commits to another school and people start panicking. When we do well this upcoming season, the recruits will come. Everyone, breathe 😮‍💨

Haha, and none of the 4 we r recruiting have committed anywhere yet. Now this can change at any moment but right now we still have as good of a shot as any.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
The HS commit argument is really simplistic thinking. If a school signs 4 recruits out of HS.. and 2 decide to transfer out after 1 year there’s a void to fill.
If a school misses out on signing HS prospects but signs former highly recruited players through the portal including multiple players that were rated the top players in the portal then the holes are filled.
By this logic, some of you people would prefer signing just about any HS player over a better player with 2 or 3 years of eligibility remaining. At this point you are just complaining for no reason.

As long as kellie keeps pulling in players out of the transfer portal and putting up good teams... I'm good lol

Walker... has been good
Green... was more impactful then i thought she'd be
Dye... great pick up

This season with Powell, Jackson, Franklin, and Jillian will be telling.

I am also anxious for a HS commit but not as worried because of who we pulled in the transfer portal with an already stacked team pretty much. If they could do that we are going to field good rosters.

So it's been awhile since a HS commit but considering we went from having 1 HS All American to 4 in one summer im more of wait and see what happens and who is available lol
I get what people are saying about not relying entirely on the transfer portal (though I don't think Kellie is really doing that), but I also think there are good players who will initially commit elsewhere but end up giving Tennessee a second look a year or two into their college careers, perhaps after figuring out what type of environment they prefer, and that's a wonderful thing.

But for the folks currently panicking, we will be getting at least one '23 commit soon, with more to come, and we'll definitely be getting good '24 commits. I'm just not going to worry about this.

I get what people are saying about not relying entirely on the transfer portal (though I don't think Kellie is really doing that), but I also think there are good players who will initially commit elsewhere but end up giving Tennessee a second look a year or two into their college careers, perhaps after figuring out what type of environment they prefer, and that's a wonderful thing.

But for the folks currently panicking, we will be getting at least one '23 commit soon, with more to come, and we'll definitely be getting good '24 commits. I'm just not going to worry about this.

Agreed. It'd b nice to have HS recruits (and we will get some) but i'll never turn doe experienced players that can help immediately

Agreed. It'd b nice to have HS recruits (and we will get some) but i'll never turn doe experienced players that can help immediately

Agreed. The coaches can only work with the players they have regardless of how they get them. We’re stacked this year, and let’s see where that gets the program. I’m hoping for huge heights. As for beyond, you get them how you can get them and if you want them. Don’t panic until we can’t get enough players to field a competitive team. I just don’t see that happening. My focus is on this season and how special it could be!

VN Store

Back