UT Ticket Allotment (Pittsburgh Game) per Jimmy Hyams

The hell does my age have to do with anything lol.. just saying shouldn't talk about someone else's attendance when u couldn't come close to filing your stadium for last year's game
Didn't come close?That would make it at least 80% full. What percentage does the pic above show? Round up if you need to

Didn't come close?That would make it at least 80% full. What percentage does the pic above show? Round up if you need to
That was a noon game last year against western Michigan who cares. Guarantee there will be more of a percentage filled at this game then last year.. i was there last was actually pretty disappointed in your guys turnout.. narduzzi was right the crowd wasn't much of a factor. He knew he was walking into just another stadium

So which is it, no one bought any of the allotment or UT refused the tickets? He is saying both are true but how can that be? Come on Jimmy.

Its messed up because I was sitting on their side last year in Neyland and they had some great seats and there were plenty of them. And I specifically remember the Pitt fans on the board posting saying what a great experience they had. And this is the thanks we get, and they play in a F'n NFL stadium. It's a punk move, I hope we destroy them.

It's both. The home team offers the visitors an allotment. The visitors offer those seats to their own fans to purchase. But the school is not on the hook for those and they return/refuse the tickets based on the response from fans. What happened in this case is that Tennessee fans looked at what was offered through Pitt via the Tennessee Fund, then saw they could buy better tickets directly from the Heinz Field site. My Tennessee Fund rep flat told me I could buy better tickets directly from the website than what he could offer me. So if he's telling me that at my donor level, good chance that was happening with a lot of people.

So why does Tennessee give visitors better tickets than they typically receive? Because of the SEC rule that requires a buffer between the visiting bench and the student section. When UT moved back to the west side a few years ago, they had to put in 10 rows of visiting fans to create that buffer. SEC visiting teams always buy out that allotment, as do the major non-conference teams. Teams like Ball State or Akron don't buy all the tickets, so they're sold to donors first, then put on the open market.

That was a noon game last year against western Michigan who cares. Guarantee there will be more of a percentage filled at this game then last year.. i was there last was actually pretty disappointed in your guys turnout.. narduzzi was right the crowd wasn't much of a factor. He knew he was walking into just another stadium

Don't puff your (and Narduzzi's) chest out too much. Given the situation we were in last year and we still would have had 20k standing outside of your stadium.

Don't puff your (and Narduzzi's) chest out too much. Given the situation we were in last year and we still would have had 20k standing outside of your stadium.
That must be where that missing 20k was from last year then.. standing outside our stadium not realizing the game wasn't being played there until the following year

He’s probably in ISS at school right now. He’ll probably get back to you this afternoon when his mommy let him have some screen time and gives him a lunchable.

You should care if you're throwing barbs like that. UT still does really well for noon games even in these darkest of times. Making excuses just makes you look weak

You should care if you're throwing barbs like that. UT still does really well for noon games even in these darkest of times. Making excuses just makes you look weak
Hey 82k or whatever it was for that game last year was pretty solid and it was loud. heinz or acrisure or whatever the hell name our stadium is named now only holds 68 so we'll never see that kinda crowd here but I just get tired of ppl talking about our attendance. If the stadium this Saturday was anything like it was for the wvu game u guys will be impressed with the atmosphere because that place was rockin. and no it wasn't because wvu sold the place out there was maybe 20% wv fans not the 75 that dumbass espn said

That must be where that missing 20k was from last year then.. standing outside our stadium not realizing the game wasn't being played there until the following year

Look at the guy that didn't get the reference.

The crowd in Neyland last year, while just under 20,000 the listed capacity, was still 20,000 more fans than Heinz Field can hold.

U guys had 20k empty seats for our game last year so I don't think u have any room to talk lol
Didn't you go to a New Year's Day bowl? We were coming off a losing record, new coach, 65 scholarship players coming out of a scandal. And we almost won (which is hilarious).

Reactions: VOLnMiami and SDV
U guys had 20k empty seats for our game last year so I don't think u have any room to talk lol

That's because the season before, UT finished with only 3 wins. Dumbass broke a record at UT to become the only headcoached to win just 3 games in a season. Ever. In the history of Tennessee football, dating back to the 1800s. So.......fan enthusiasm wasn't at it's highest and 20 percent empty seats, is still over 80k fans. Most of those empty seats were in the visitor sections, Pitt sections.

Reactions: tbwhhs
That's because the season before, UT finished with only 3 wins. Dumbass broke a record at UT to become the only headcoached to win just 3 games in a season. Ever. In the history of Tennessee football, dating back to the 1800s. So.......fan enthusiasm wasn't at it's highest and 20 percent empty seats, is still over 80k fans. Most of those empty seats were in the visitor sections, Pitt sections.
Yep. The section above the students was fairly empty. It usually is unless the visiting team pull its weight but only Bama/UGA have been buying those as of late. Those returned tickets from the visiting team are usually the last to go. SEC should let us scale back on those based on historical sales.

Reactions: tbwhhs

VN Store

Back