Uniform/Helmet/Shoe design thread (merged)

It seems like we live in a alternative world. Let’s keep traditional Orange and White with the power T on the helmets. Leave it alone folks

Didn't we beat Fla in smoky greys? I really hate this debate. I've never seen a fanbase so divisive over uni's as ours. Orange, white, black, grey, all have been used in the past. Kids like the alternatives, the old washed up has-beens, that never were's, hates them. Sorry bozo's, the kids are on the field, they should get 1 or 2 games a year if the team votes on it. Get over it, pull for our team and let's move on

Why would they ban captain's patches? Seems a little petty.

Before this year, the only patches allowed to be worn (unless being worn by the whole team) were academic award patches. It wasn't specific to captain's patches, it was just a uniformity rule. Coaches proposed a rule change to allow Captain patches and three or four teams are now using them.

Reactions: VFL10
@DeerPark12 How come UT is wearing white cleats with standard black trim instead of white with the team orange trim? Supply chain issues or by choice? Noticed Clemson wearing white cleats with their orange trim last night and most Nike schools that wear white cleats have the team color on them instead of generic black.

@DeerPark12 How come UT is wearing white cleats with standard black trim instead of white with the team orange trim? Supply chain issues or by choice? Noticed Clemson wearing white cleats with their orange trim last night and most Nike schools that wear white cleats have the team color on them instead of generic black.

They have some white with orange accents, but they’re not all in.

It’s easier for Clemson and other schools because Clemson uses the same orange that Nike has used as it’s generic stock color for decades. Same with Georgia red, Florida/Kentucky blue, etc. so if they make a change from black cleats to white, they can just place an order.

Reactions: craighead
🥶 Icy white threads for the Johnny Majors Classic

View attachment 487703

Leave it to UT to make the opposite of the obviously correct choice. It’s the Johnny Majors Classic…clearly UT will honor him with the Majors era road look (white over orange), just as Pitt is doing with their uniforms.

UT’s response: “we’re going all white! Let’s call it ‘icy’! That’ll be cool!”

Idiots. Why can’t UT just hit their layups? This was an easy one.

Leave it to UT to make the opposite of the obviously correct choice. It’s the Johnny Majors Classic…clearly UT will honor him with the Majors era road look (white over orange), just as Pitt is doing with their uniforms.

UT’s response: “we’re going all white! Let’s call it ‘icy’! That’ll be cool!”

Idiots. Why can’t UT just hit their layups? This was an easy one.

This is a nothing burger. It’s really not a big deal that the pants are going to be white instead of orange 😂

Reactions: kcvols1
This is a nothing burger. It’s really not a big deal that the pants are going to be white instead of orange 😂

In in the end yeah it's not a big deal but still a pretty odd choice to not wear the road uniforms Johnny Majors usually wore in the "Johnny Majors Classic"; especially when last year they made it a point to wear all orange for the Pitt game. It would be just as odd if Pitt came out in anything but their classic blue over yellow pant, like if they wore all blue.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
In in the end yeah it's not a big deal but still a pretty odd choice to not wear the road uniforms Johnny Majors usually wore in the "Johnny Majors Classic"; especially when last year they made it a point to wear all orange for the Pitt game. It would be just as odd if Pitt came out in anything but their classic blue over yellow pant, like if they wore all blue.

Exactly. Don’t make a big deal of the “Johnny Majors Classic” and Majors-era uniforms, then try to pump us up with “icy white.”

Last edited:
Exactly. Don’t make a big deal of the “Johnny Majors Classic” and Majors-era uniforms, then try to pump is up with “icy white.”

They should have used the traditional Johnny Majors look with white jersey and orange pants.
Calling them ‘icy white’ doesn’t bother me, sounds pretty cool and fits the theme of the other looks better, ‘Smokey grey’ & ‘dark mode’. I believe last year they called all orange “The orange wave”.

They should have used the traditional Johnny Majors look with white jersey and orange pants.
Calling them ‘icy white’ doesn’t bother me, sounds pretty cool and fits the theme of the other looks better, ‘Smokey grey’ & ‘dark mode’. I believe last year they called all orange “The orange wave”.

Exactly. Heck call the white over orange pants "The Johnny".

Trying to polish this ice cube, maybe the "icy white" is some kind of nod to Pitt being the furthest north the Vols will play this year? It's early for ice, though even in Pitt.

While I'm not a fan of white unis, especially on grass, it's only a uniform.

Reactions: 24/7vol
Trying to polish this ice cube, maybe the "icy white" is some kind of nod to Pitt being the furthest north the Vols will play this year? It's early for ice, though even in Pitt.

While I'm not a fan of white unis, especially on grass, it's only a uniform.

Maybe they really love Icees in Pittsburgh?

VN Store

Back