Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know why Mitchell didn't play and also why didn't Williams-Thomas play?
I’d add Merrill Walker will be a contributing factor in some wins this season and beyond. Might be our best pure route runner.
Keyton looked good too imo. He’s a really long guy out there. Big catch radius

Hooker needs to get the throws down a bit lower and a few would have been picked off last night with a better defense. Milton looks a lot better...WR's will need to continue to improve throughout the season, which they will...Our secondary, especially #4 needs a lot of improvement... Loved the team, the game, and thought we did great overall, probably not showing much. Unfortunately I think our defense is going to be our weakest point again, especially the secondary... No push/penetration on the D line, should have had the QB running for his life...
This season may be a repeat of last where we have to outscore our opponent in the end to win, our D can't get off the field on 3rd, even several times last night.

7-5 and we win the bowl game depending on how good their defense is or their passing game. Mark it down...

We definitely need to outscore our opponent to win games.

Milton was 8 of 9 passing for 113 yds and 1 TD. 1 run for 21 yards [that you find a way to bish about]. Two TD drives total. Suck it.
Did I somehow offend you by pointing out a ball boy trying to help the offense be fast, along with posting a meme about his arm strength? You can suck DN.

We definitely need to outscore our opponent to win games.
madden-game.gif

Screw it, I’m off today so did quick math.

Against SEC refs - 50 yards a game in penalties
Against ACC refs - 130.5 yards a game in penalties.

Small sample size on ACC refs but still.

Close to 50% of UT penalty yards last year came against ACC refs… and they only reffed against us twice 😳
Wow! Cannot say that is just the fans overreacting.

Did I somehow offend you by pointing out a ball boy trying to help the offense be fast, along with posting a meme about his arm strength? You can suck DN.
You should probably be honest about your posts if you're trying to convince everyone that you're not trolling.

You post a meme mocking Milton:

"Milton's hundred mile an hour fastball when the receiver is only 5 yards from him...heh, heh,heh"

Called out.

"Oh, poor victim me, getting called out when all I was doing was paying him a compliment on his arm strength..."

I don't have any particular emotional attachment Milton. I'm just calling out the bias. He played well. He made one questionable but *catchable* throw. Unfixable. Hooker makes several *uncatchable* bad throws. Rusty. Let's just be consistent. Hooker looked worse than I expected. Milton looked better. Is that because Hooker overperformed last year and is reverting to the mean? Hope not. Does it mean that Heupel actually knows how to coach a QB and Milton will turn the corner this year? Hope so. I just wish people would look at the 8 great throws and see the possibility, rather than focusing on the one iffy, but not bad, throw and insist that he can't be fixed.
Fans always seem to give up on players developing. We used to exact opposite of that and shudder at having to play freshmen anywhere especially at QB.

Last edited:
Milton went 8/9 for 113yds 1 td and 2/2 for tds/drives. And he's getting criticism for the ball that a receiver failed to catch simply based on our prior opinions of him. Milton played well, and he has improved.

If Tayven Jackson had done what Milton did last night fans would be writing Nico off already.

If #4 is the best Tn has at that position then this D is going to get torched this year again.
He did not play bad last night imo. He was also guarding there number one receiver who came in from Cincy, solid player. Stop thinking about how bad he was in the bowl game, and you won’t lose your mind every time someone throws the ball his way or makes a catch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back