Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
False...

View attachment 486206

The one incompletion was the pass in question to Hunter Salmon. The PI happened on Holiday cutting inside for a perfect slant (where had he not been held he would have caught it).
Yeah, he threw one incompletion all night where it was not due to defensive pass interference. Out of 10 throws.[/QUOTE]

Just realized I have surpassed the illustrious 3:1 Likes to Posts ratio. Suck it, Morans.

By the way, you have to have at least 10,000 posts for this illustrious recognition.

tenor.gif

I paused the game right before halftime and got the kids to bed, otherwise I might have been in the same spot. The kids were struggling last night.
But did you come in hot complaining about things you admittedly didn't see, and tell the coaches what they should do? And amplify a troll post for extra credit? That's the difference! 😂

I commented. 😉

1. Why wouldn’t you cheer for your team in whatever situation?

2. In this era of sports betting, anything can happen. I’ve seen people yelling and high fiving each other in public on a Tuesday night because a MAC team scored a garbage time touchdown to cover.

I don't have the video or stat sheet, but I know he missed a wide open TE for a TD, and I don't remember there being an interference call on that one. Milton looked pretty good. If he can figure out a way to get some touch in place of velocity on some of his throws, he'll be a problem for a lot of teams.

Naw that was on Salmon. That was a catchable ball.

See this is what I hate. In the NFL hitting a TE directly in the hands isn't "missing" the throw. And that ball went right through the TE's hands, Milton could have taken something off it and made it an easier catch, but the TE also drifted inside on what was basically a go route so he made it a more difficult catch for himself too.

Milton had probably the best showing he could have and yet STILL somehow we got fans with something negative to say. Go rewatch some of his work from last season, Bowling Green and Pitt. THOSE are missing receivers. What happened last night was about as perfect of a game as Joe will ever have.

I haven’t really seen any real negative takes on Milton? I think mostly what I’ve seen is people saying it was a good to great showing. 8/9 for the night and the pass he had to Holiday was a bullet that was perfectly in stride. Probably the best pass Milton has had in a UT uniform.

That said, nothing wrong with talking about the TE pass. I just rewatched it and the TE could have/should have caught it (the TE was Hunter Salmon, I looked it up. Walk-on redshirt Sophomore) but Milton did make it harder than it had to be. Watching it in slow motion the TE jumped too late and couldn’t get his hands up fast enough and that’s on him, but the ball also one hopped into the tunnel because it has just a bit too much power in the throw. It should have been a easy pitch and catch throw with the TE wide open but both Milton and the TE contributed to it being an incompletion. Both can be and are true. It’s as simple as that. Doesn’t take away from the fact that he had a very successful night 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
Carson Steele AKA KMart Christian McCaffrey AKA Transfer Portal King

11 attempts for 27 yards and a staggering 2.5 YPC, he also snagged 4 receptions for 14 yards and scored 0 TDs

I mean...how our fans will trash on Small/Wright/Sampson but prop up any opponent that makes forward progress it seems... ;)

Seeing negativity towards our DL. I'll counter that.

• Balls Tate's OL was no slouch and considered a strength of the team. Averages around 6'4", 310lbs+
  • They had a game plan to neutralize a pass rush. Quick passes, offsetting running attack, and occasional cut blocking
  • The first interception was a direct result of DL pressure
  • Loved seeing Josephs and Big O getting a hand (or forearm) on a pass. More of that please.
  • Vanilla defensive game plan. We played a bend, don't break approach. Look at 3rd down efficiency. Balls Tate was 5/14 on 3rd down and 0/2 on 4th down. Kept everything in front of us and it worked.
  • Starting D held them scoreless. How can you get much better than that?
I don't see how anyone can come up with negativity. Be neutral at worst.

And I think Balls Tate converted their first 2 3rd downs. So 3-12 after they converted those first two.

But did you come in hot complaining about things you admittedly didn't see, and tell the coaches what they should do? And amplify a troll post for extra credit? That's the difference! 😂

Think you quoted the wrong post. Don’t make me a human shield for the criticism coming to @Jackcrevol and his sleep-deprived negativity today.

Think you quoted the wrong post. Don’t make me a human shield for the criticism coming to @Jackcrevol and his sleep-deprived negativity today.
Whoa whoa, negativity? Offense looked better, defense was about the same sans the segundario. Which honestly more athletic.

This paralells everything we've heard in pratiss.

Only criticism I had was why we didnt give TJ more opp to play garbage time.

Naw that was on Salmon. That was a catchable ball.

Even he thought so. After the miss he was laying face down in the back of the end zone, clearly unhappy with himself, and banged his helmet on the turf. It was a bit high and a bit fast, but definitely catchable. Less smoke and a foot lower and Milton would have been 9 for 9, but then we'd have nothing to complain about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back