Mickey Dearstone successor...

The Tennessee Athletics app is for your phone or tablet, it has an audio feed of all of the Vol Network broadcasts of every sport, and is now where your tickets are housed to scan at the gate.
so I can bluetooth the audio output of the app and it should match up with the game I am watching..?

what a thoroughly original and interesting thread, including the unexpected injoyable participation by "Dearstone's Successor." thx

Reactions: chuckiepoo
A University may not technically be a business, but the company that owns and controls the University’s athletics broadcasting rights definitely is a business.
Not sure how that works. Is Rice an employee of the University or a company that owns broadcast rights? I know UT spent a lot of money on broadcast studios etc. do you know who has access to use those facilities? All that aside I feel like if UT wanted to get some airtime for LV communication graduates it could happen.
And even non-technically, a University is not a business. A for profit business has a goal of increasing retained earning for either distribution to stockholders or reinvestment in the business for capital value appreciation purposes. Non-profit organizations are merely pass through entities who seek not to increase financial value but to achieve their stated philanthropic purposes which in the case of a university is education of students, research and loosely community enrichment. So there is that.

Not sure how that works. Is Rice an employee of the University or a company that owns broadcast rights? I know UT spent a lot of money on broadcast studios etc. do you know who has access to use those facilities? All that aside I feel like if UT wanted to get some airtime for LV communication graduates it could happen.
And even non-technically, a University is not a business. A for profit business has a goal of increasing retained earning for either distribution to stockholders or reinvestment in the business for capital value appreciation purposes. Non-profit organizations are merely pass through entities who seek not to increase financial value but to achieve their stated philanthropic purposes which in the case of a university is education of students, research and loosely community enrichment. So there is that.

He can clarify if I’m wrong here, but the disclaimer that is read during broadcasts states that the announcers are employees of Learfield, the company that purchases the rights to the radio broadcasts. They are selected and compensated by Learfield with the approval of UT.

The broadcast studios are used by UT to produce games and other content for ESPN, the SEC Network and the SEC/ESPN digital platforms, as outlined in the SEC TV contract that required those on-site facilities to be constructed.

He can clarify if I’m wrong here, but the disclaimer that is read during broadcasts states that the announcers are employees of Learfield, the company that purchases the rights to the radio broadcasts. They are selected and compensated by Learfield with the approval of UT.

The broadcast studios are used by UT to produce games and other content for ESPN, the SEC Network and the SEC/ESPN digital platforms, as outlined in the SEC TV contract that required those on-site facilities to be constructed.
Learning ish tonight. Great convo!

Interesting! Thanks for the info. A mixed bag really. Personnel decisions not UT’s but a big investment in providing quality content to media businesses by UT.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
And even non-technically, a University is not a business. A for profit business has a goal of increasing retained earning for either distribution to stockholders or reinvestment in the business for capital value appreciation purposes.
Heaven help us if universities ever become an actual for profit business. Somebody's soaking up mega retained earning from the insane tuition $$$.

BR has long been an occasional poster in the softball threads. Said before, his appointment is a major positive upgrade/update for the LV program and image. If I can find a way to get the radio audio anywhere near in synch w the TV feed that will definitely be my go to.

I hope so too!

You'll do a hell of a good job....
_BSI__Brian_Rice_v2.png

You know most new businesses fail within the first five years right? Lot of idiots in the business world.
True. Some of the biggest and oldest fail because of poor management. Managers have to keep up with the times or they lose to those who do.

Reactions: Jeff Clark

VN Store

Back