Mickey Dearstone successor...

EarlVolFan

When is this going to be announced?

I think Brian Rice should be the next man up. He already does Lady Vol Softball, and if you happen to notice, is the scorekeeper at the Lady Vol Basketball games - he's even filled in for Mike Hammond as the PA announcer on a couple of occasions. He reminds me so much of Mike Keith, with a great delivery and knowledge at the tip of his tongue.

I understand that the UTAD wants him to have the job, but apparently the Vol Network folks have the final say?! Please don't screw it up with outsider with a 'cute' delivery style! Brian has the background and done the hard work to earn the job.

Volfan1000

When is this going to be announced?

I think Brian Rice should be the next man up. He already does Lady Vol Softball, and if you happen to notice, is the scorekeeper at the Lady Vol Basketball games - he's even filled in for Mike Hammond as the PA announcer on a couple of occasions. He reminds me so much of Mike Keith, with a great delivery and knowledge at the tip of his tongue.

I understand that the UTAD wants him to have the job, but apparently the Vol Network folks have the final say?! Please don't screw it up with outsider with a 'cute' delivery style! Brian has the background and done the hard work to earn the job.

John Wilkerson could do football and men's basketball and Vince Ferrara could take over the baseball games.

Bob Kesling needs to retire in my opinion.

VN Store