2023 Recruiting

Playing for Kara is a gamble right now if you ask me. I love her so much and she’s one of my favs. Haven’t been at all impressed with how Duke has looked the last two seasons.

I know it’s gonna take time, but they looked eerily similar to Holly teams.
In my opinion the two aren’t even comparable. Holly was an assistant for Pat for years. She inherited players she actively recruited under Pat. Last year was Kara’s first full season. This year, will be her first year with a team she recruited and brought in. Coaches don’t turn programs around in one or two years. It’s not like she inherited top 25 recruits. Kara definitely deserves 4-5 years before any judgements are made. This season will be a significant one for her.

I’ve heard rumblings that Kara isn’t happy at Duke and may go back to the NBA.

I don’t think that it would happen, as I think she likes the coaching aspect. Duke just doesn’t seem to want to support the program.
I have heard the exact opposite. She loves it there and Duke has been extremely supportive. Someone is just trying to stir the pot.

I have heard the exact opposite. She loves it there and Duke has been extremely supportive. Someone is just trying to stir the pot.

I haven't know @mtsuraider06 to stir the pot. I don't know why anyone would want to stir the pot when it comes to one of our own. Wish her nothing but success as she is a reflection of Coach Summitt.

I haven't know @mtsuraider06 to stir the pot. I don't know why anyone would want to stir the pot when it comes to one of our own. Wish her nothing but success as she is a reflection of Coach Summitt.
No one said he was stirring the pot but whomever his sources (or sources sources)are could be. Many coaches have used that to recruit against Lawson and other coaches who recently spent time in that league. As much as Lawdon is one of your own, she is still someone Tenn is recruiting against.

Absolutely agree. The Lady Vols don't need any team to do bad, especially those led by Lady Vols For Lifers. Our focus and wishes are best served by Kelly and our team to get better and better. If that happens, it will all take care of itself and LVs will be a major player again regardless of how Duke is doing.

MTSU post are to be taken as dependable! Not one to make flippant remarks ! He also stated that the talk about Kara was not believable in his opinion…… so …. Just Saying 🤷‍♂️

Absolutely agree. The Lady Vols don't need any team to do bad, especially those led by Lady Vols For Lifers. Our focus and wishes are best served by Kelly and our team to get better and better. If that happens, it will all take care of itself and LVs will be a major player again regardless of how Duke is doing.
Well, these are things said to recruits by staffs across the country. When any school recruits directly against another school, the coaches are definitely trying to find an angle to put their school in a favorable light over who they are competing against. Recruits then report out what has been said to them by coaches. For example, right now anyone that recruits against UCONN is telling 23s and 24s, he will be retired before they graduate. Take it or leave it, but that's how things work. My point is that this may have been said by someone and someone else took it as fact and passed it along.

Last edited:
Reactions: chuckiepoo
When having a response to someone at least spell the head coach of Tennessee correctly. It's K E L L I E. Every game on TV or the app shows her name on the screen. The fact this happens over and over on this board.

When having a response to someone at least spell the head coach of Tennessee correctly. It's K E L L I E. Every game on TV or the app shows her name on the screen. The fact this happens over and over on this board.
Sometimes its because of the phone spell check and it gets spelled another way tbh no big deal atleast not to me

No one said he was stirring the pot but whomever his sources (or sources sources)are could be. Many coaches have used that to recruit against Lawson and other coaches who recently spent time in that league. As much as Lawdon is one of your own, she is still someone Tenn is recruiting against.

Well thank you for clarifying because it certainly could have been taken that way which is why I spoke up and you clarified which is appreciated.

Yes, Kara is one of our own and as competitive as we are and may be in the same boat for recruits i would think the vast majority would want to see her have success because she is one of ours.

We get negative recruiting at this school. We are the LVs and if some of the things that I heard have been said against this staff, prior staff and players, and Coach Summitt are true we get it more than you think/know.

But if you are curious i do wanna best Kara for recruits that we want but we can do that and she can be successful.

Sometimes its because of the phone spell check and it gets spelled another way tbh no big deal atleast not to me
And anyone can edit the phone spell check. And it could just be me but I find it disrespectful to spell someone's name incorrectly. We all spell names wrong in real life. However, and again may just be me but even some UT players I will do a quick Google search or look on a UT roster to at least try and spell names correctly. And still at times am lazy and try my best. Not the head coach though who has played and won titles as a player and now leads the team. Some still can't even spell Peyton Manning right either, so maybe it's a lost cause.

Well, these are things said to recruits by staffs across the country. When any school recruits directly against another school, the coaches are definitely trying to find an angle to put their school in a favorable light over who they are competing against. Recruits then report out what has been said to them by coaches. For example, right now anyone that recruits against UCONN is telling 23s and 24s, he will be retired before they graduate. Take it or leave it, but that's how things work. My point is that this may have been said by someone and someone else took it as fact and passed it along.

That's the good thing about our staff they stay in their lane , don't do drama, and let the culture speak for itself. not sending out apologies about bashing another fan base, getting their butts grabbed on tv/speaking badly about sexual assault victims, or poaching players.

And anyone can edit the phone spell check. And it could just be me but I find it disrespectful to spell someone's name incorrectly. We all spell names wrong in real life. However, and again may just be me but even some UT players I will do a quick Google search or look on a UT roster to at least try and spell names correctly. And still at times am lazy and try my best. Not the head coach though who has played and won titles as a player and now leads the team. Some still can't even spell Peyton Manning right either, so maybe it's a lost cause.
Its probably not a right or wrong opinion about it.its how one person sees it and your thinking is fine

That's the good thing about our staff they stay in their lane , don't do drama, and let the culture speak for itself. not sending out apologies about bashing another fan base, getting their butts grabbed on tv/speaking badly about sexual assault victims, or poaching players.
This! Our staff is a class act!

I’ve heard rumblings that Kara isn’t happy at Duke and may go back to the NBA.

I don’t think that it would happen, as I think she likes the coaching aspect. Duke just doesn’t seem to want to support the program.
On top of that she took a significant pay cut ( TV and pro pay )when she took the Duke job

VN Store

Back