‘23 IL WR Carnell Tate (Ohio State commit)

Correct me if I’m wrong. This kid’s dream school is Ohio state. He committed to them when the NIL offer was close to even from what we’ve heard. So either someone or something rubbed him the wrong way with Ohio State, or we’ve offered a better offer now, or he’s just screwing around. Given the drama between his mom him and Ohio state right before he signed with them I’m going with the last option. Kid just strikes me as FOS at this point. I’d love to have him on the team but I’m not investing any hope until he signs.
Yeah his dream school has been said to be Ohio State but these days kids don’t automatically go to their dream school…. Prime example of that is Alabama. Not getting my hopes up with him but it’s refreshing we’re still after the elite blue chip guys no matter who they’re committed to. Only way to get back to where we want to be on the national stage

Reactions: peaygolf
Goodness y’all…. Some of you act like you want it in writing that he is indeed flipping from OSU to TN. It’s pretty simple. He chose OSU because that is his dream school that is ranked high and came through with comparable money. Something has happened making him doubt he made the right decision so he has been back in contact with Tennessee. He’s doubting and thinking. We are just going to have to wait for a decision. May take months.

Man, if we can at least put a 8-4 season together this year we really are about to be back! Just can’t crap the bed this season..
We need a 9-3 season to really make a splash. Going 8-4 likely means a loss to Florida, and a loss to Florida makes us look like “the same ole Tennessee”

Aren’t we currently in a recruiting dead period?
Dead Period: During a dead period college coaches are not allowed to have any face-to-face contact with recruits. During this time, the only contact allowed is over the phone by calling or texting, through email or through direct messages on social media.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Dead Period: During a dead period college coaches are not allowed to have any face-to-face contact with recruits. During this time, the only contact allowed is over the phone by calling or texting, through email or through direct messages on social media.

Why are there so many dead periods in recruiting? I have never understood that

Goodness y’all…. Some of you act like you want it in writing that he is indeed flipping from OSU to TN. It’s pretty simple. He chose OSU because that is his dream school that is ranked high and came through with comparable money. Something has happened making him doubt he made the right decision so he has been back in contact with Tennessee. He’s doubting and thinking. We are just going to have to wait for a decision. May take months.
Yep. I’ll need it in triplicate as well.

in the new age of NIL and competitive bid making over recruits, I could see this as his team building up a case for an improved offer from O$U. Kid's already worth million+, why not squeeze out as much as possible pre-nfl

it's smart

Hopefully the VOL$ throw around even more than OSU and bring him our way, but who knows?

He may be trying to squeeze as much money possible out of OSU using us but you never know. Since Ohio State has three stud receivers committed beside him they could just tell him to beat it and he's not worth the headache. I don't think this will happen, but you still have to try to get him and negotiate with him because you never know during this time with NIL

Reactions: orange blossom
When I look at their WR haul plus what's there, I think I can see a flip, too. OSU might be his dream school, but these kids want to get on the field as soon as possible. They all have their eye on the league. Dunno, but I think I can see UT being very, very attractive to him. Hey, he might stick with his first love, but he's eyeballing the hot gal on the other side of the street. Sometimes it goes the other way.

He may be trying to squeeze as much money possible out of OSU using us but you never know. Since Ohio State has three stud receivers committed beside him they could just tell him to beat it and he's not worth the headache. I don't think this will happen, but you still have to try to get him and negotiate with him because you never know during this time with NIL

Someone else mentioned the fact that he will be fighting for catches/game time with the two other high tier WR's coming in and that may play into things as well... he'd be WR 1 within a year here at this point.

I met my dream girl once. After spending some time together, I decided she wasn't everything I expected. It happens in life.

When I look at their WR haul plus what's there, I think I can see a flip, too. OSU might be his dream school, but these kids want to get on the field as soon as possible. They all have their eye on the league. Dunno, but I think I can see UT being very, very attractive to him. Hey, he might stick with his first love, but he's eyeballing the hot gal on the other side of the street. Sometimes it goes the other way.
Maybe? Idk…. He knew what they had at WR and who they were recruiting. He also knew he would likely be on the field contributing as a freshman here next year.

We will start with the smoke and chatter surrounding Carnell Tate that surfaced this week. Tate has been having some conversations with Tennessee lately but we don’t believe anything is imminent. We expect those talks will continue but we would need to see him back in Knoxville for a visit to consider a flip to be a real possibility. Either way, expect more chatter and smoke throughout the fall. The Ohio State commitment has always had a good bond with Kelsey Pope and so taking another look isn’t shocking.
-VQ

VN Store

Back