‘23 MO EDGE Samuel M’Pemba (UGA commit)

Tennessee is definitely staying in frequent contact with M’Pemba, and it sounds like the Vols have started to gain some traction there. I have been skeptical of their chances of being a serious contender since his lengthy unofficial visit to Knoxville in June, but Tennessee is hanging around in that one and has really started to ramp up the communication in recent weeks. It sounds like the Vols are at least a little bit more of a factor right now.

At this point, I expect them to get one of his official visits. As of a couple weeks ago, I wasn’t sure they would get an official visit, so they have made up some ground. I still think Georgia and Miami are among the main contenders, but Tennessee has done a good job and is more in the picture now.
-Callahan

To us TN fans yes winning the SEC is significant. But in reality is it? Not really. In reality only national championships are the significant wins imo. My point was really that it’s assumed that it’s so easy to coach at Georgia that likely anyone could go there and win. I just disagree with that.

I mean does anyone really believe Dooley, Butch or Pruitt could have went to UGA and won anything? I don’t. No doubt though that Georgia has the absolute best situation for a coach given the recruiting hot bed.
Utterly, utterly ridiculous take. I don’t see how anyone who has been a UT fan or fan of any SEC school for any length of time could hold this opinion.

Utterly, utterly ridiculous take. I don’t see how anyone who has been a UT fan or fan of any SEC school for any length of time could hold this opinion.

Awww how cute. Tell me, what’s talked about more. Our SEC championships? Or our 1998 national championship?

What do people talk about more, Clemsons ACC titles or their national championships?

Awww how cute. Tell me, what’s talked about more. Our SEC championships? Or our 1998 national championship?

What do people talk about more, Clemsons ACC titles or their national championships?
BOT, it’s a pretty awful take bro. I would give my left 🥜 for an SEC title, as would 99.99999999999% of Vol fans. It matters. A lot.

Is Steve Spurrier considered one of the greatest coaches of all time, winning the ONE National Title; or, do you believe he is considered one of the greatest because of the National Title AND 6 SEC Championships? I would look at Fulmer in a COMPLETELY different way, had he won the 2001 SEC Championship...not matter what would have happened against Miami in the NT game. I would consider him a goat, if only he could have just won another SEC title; but, because he couldn't, i don't.

And, Train...are you seriously comparing the SEC Title to the ACC Title? Seriously?? What is wrong with you, dude?? If you only realized how WAY off you are by saying that, out loud.

Last edited:

Being condescending to me doesn’t make what you said any less stupid. You didn’t say “SEC Championships matter less than National Championships.” You said SEC Championships don’t matter.

Nice job equating the SEC to the ACC, by the way.

VN Store

Back