‘23 MO EDGE Samuel M’Pemba (UGA commit)

What?

In the era of Saban and Tom Brady, we've lost all sense of normal regarding the winning of championships. It's hard and it doesn't happen often. It really speaks to their greatness that we dismiss other really good performers as mediocre.

Peyton Manning played in 4 Super Bowls and won 2. And people treat that like it's average. That's really damn good.

Richt averaged just shy of 10 wins a season for 15 years, winning two conference titles. He'd be the 3rd best coach in Tennessee history without an argument. And he had a winning head to head record over one of the 2 men ahead of him.
Ignore him. He consistently has some of the worst takes

I don't like to speak ill of any football player's talent, because I'm not an expert on the subject. But watching Jacob Eason's freshman season, even taking into account that he was a true freshman, was frustrating to me as a fan. And I'm not sure the coaches had seen much different over spring and fall camp of his soph year, which may be why they were quick to let Fromm take over when Eason got hurt. To his credit, Eason handled it like an adult, at least in public, and looked for an opportunity elsewhere.

I also don't like to speak ill of any football player's maturity, because I haven't walked a mile in their shoes. So I won't comment on the other player you mentioned.
1659904435333.gif

Reactions: Orange.
BRADENTON, Fla. – The recruiting landscape for IMG Academy (Fla.) defensive end
Samuel M’Pemba is taking form. The five-star has three solid official visits set, two pending, and three teams putting the full court press on his recruitment.

Based off official visits, five teams are out in front for M’Pemba. “I will officially visit Georgia, Notre Dame, Tennessee, and probably Oregon,” M’Pemba said. “The last one might be Miami.”

M’Pemba shared his thoughts on his relationship with the Bulldogs. “It is good,” M’Pemba stated. “I talk to them every day, pretty much every day checking up on them. I have a good relationship with them. It has been good seeing their progress.”

A phone call from the Volunteers is also an everyday kind of thing. “It has been good with Tennessee,” M’Pemba said. “I talk to them every day; they hit me up almost every day. Talking to their coaching staff, it is like a family atmosphere up there.”

The Fighting Irish has been a mainstay in M’Pemba’s recruitment. “They are a great school, and they have a great program,” M’Pemba shared. “It is just Notre Dame.”
Miami’s 2023 recruiting class is heavily influenced by IMG players. The Canes now have four Ascenders verbally committed: five-star OT Francis Mauigoa, five-star DE
Jayden Wayne, four-star TE
Riley Williams, and three-star OC
Antonio Tripp.

M’Pemba spoke about the Hurricanes pitches to him with the strong contingent of IMG guys heading to South Florida. “Miami, it has been good,” M’Pemba said. “We just got another guy committing to Miami, Tripp. Having the guys going to Miami, and Miami being so close, Miami is really nice.”

Five teams were listed but three are perhaps making a bigger impression right now on the five-star. Asked which schools are pushing the hardest for his commitment, M’Pemba replied, “Definitely Georgia, Miami, and Tennessee, I feel those three are pushing the hardest.”
The frequent contact and show of support are positives for M’Pemba. “I like it a lot,” M’Pemba stated. “It shows the communication and the want of them to have you on their roster. I am really grateful for it. One day it will all be gone; it is really nice.”

RIVALS REACTION
For the fans, coaching staff, and for M’Pemba himself, this process will be a nailbiter. Back in July, M’Pemba listed off his planned officials, Oregon (Oct. 1), Georgia (Oct. 8), and Notre Dame (Nov. 5). At that time, Tennessee and Florida were possibilities with the Volunteers jumping out ahead of the Gators. Miami was also earmarked for an official then, but that trip is still unconfirmed.

M’Pemba shared the three teams pushing hardest, and the watercooler talk is Tennessee is making a big effort to sway him to Knoxville. Georgia, like Notre Dame, has been an ongoing presence in M’Pemba’s recruitment; the official visits for both programs loom large. Miami has M’Pemba’s attention with a little bit of time to get him back on campus for an unofficial or perhaps an official.

For now, I see Miami as a wildcard with Tennessee and Georgia battling for M’Pemba’s commitment.

- Rivals

I don’t believe the speculation. Oregon visit just for fun.

Miami, Uga, Notre Dame, Florida, Us. In that order. If I had to guess.

VN Store

Back