2023 Lineup Projection

Tennessee lost all 10 players selected in the 2022 MLB Draft, but its recruiting class fared well in the draft and the Vols have restocked their roster in the transfer portal. Let’s take a look at the signing bonuses for Tennessee’s players off to professional baseball while detailing where the Vols’ roster stands at the start of August.
Tennessee Baseball Roster Update Following MLB Draft Signing Period | Rocky Top Insider

Encouraging…he says Caden Marcum is “coming to school,” which contradicts that local newspaper article I posted a week or so ago. Discouraging…he lists Steenstra as returning, so maybe he doesn’t know what he’s talking about.

The article said if he didn't sign he would rehab at home and go back in the draft next year - that going to UT was out. Maybe something has changed since that article? Even if he decides to come to UT he can't be ready next season. He had surgery on July 11.

Mt. Juliet baseball's Austin Hunley could be next great pitcher for Vols

Very good article ( May 2022 article in the Tennessean) on Austin Hundley. Learned a lot! Didn't know he is Sean's brother. Austin went 8-0 in 2022 at Mount Juliet. Austin's ERA was .62 while stricking out 90 plus in 50 plus innings.
His high school coach (Tompkins) says Austin's ceiling (at this point) may be higher than Sean's.

When Austin was a junior at Mount Juliet High School, one of his wins came against Beech High School senior Chase Burns. Chase got a no decision...but still.

The writer compares him favorably with Chase Burns and Drew Beam. Tennessee's baseball future is bright.

Anybody know if next year’s conference schedule will be a duplicate of this past year—just flipped Home/Away?

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Thanks!
Okay, so we go to LSU, ARK, MIZZ, SC, GA.
We get FLA, VANDY, KY, A&M, and ? at home. (Does BAMA rotate out this year?)

Thanks!
Okay, so we go to LSU, ARK, MIZZ, SC, GA.
We get FLA, VANDY, KY, A&M, and ? at home. (Does BAMA rotate out this year?)

We've played Bama home and home for a few years now I think. I'm guessing, since we need a fifth team at home from the west and we played both Auburn and Bama at home this past year, someone else from the west rotates in like Ole Miss or Ms State.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
We've played Bama home and home for a few years now I think. I'm guessing, since we need a fifth team at home from the west and we played both Auburn and Bama at home this past year, someone else from the west rotates in like Ole Miss or Ms State.

There’s 30 total conference games. 18 games against east teams. I think the only guarantee is Bama is dropped since we’ve played them 2 years in a row.

VN Store

Back