‘23 NV RB Will Stallings

I don't see anything in his highlight video that says he can't play RB. He may have potential at LB as well.

He doesn't have great top end speed. But he does have good instincts and vision. He's quicker than you expect him to be... and he is hard to tackle.
You don't need great top end speed to be a great running back. It's actually more about 10 yard and 20 yard splits, how quickly you can get to top speed, start-stop-start ability, and vision. It's great to have a guy that's a threat to take it the distance on any given play, but not a necessity.

Little known, a big find... at Tillman's old high school.

Erbody want a short yardage back, then people want to move him when we get one. Loco.
I’ve decided some just want to be able to go back and say…look! I said this is where he should play! Only reason to see it in almost every thread when they have not even made it to campus yet.

I’ve decided some just want to be able to go back and say…look! I said this is where he should play! Only reason to see it in almost every thread when they have not even made it to campus yet.

SAS, it’s the age old pride and ego thing. Gotta make people think I’m smarter than I am. It’s why there are so many message board arguments. Both parties out to prove they know more than the other person.

SAS, it’s the age old pride and ego thing. Gotta make people think I’m smarter than I am. It’s why there are so many message board arguments. Both parties out to prove they know more than the other person.
Exactly.
However if you read most of them (regardless of site or topic) you soon realize most of those arguing don't know dick in reality

I didn’t go back and read posts, but iirc, some were saying this would mean he initiated contact. Don’t believe anyone ever said he was avoiding contact.
From what I saw of the drill, he was just slow to react to which way he was suppose to cut off the pad.

OK. Thanks.

Yeah our future looked very bright with Taylor and Thompson at corner their freshman year and he was bringing in a lot of elite talent on defense. He just wasn’t willing to adapt on the offensive side of the ball

You can say that again. Defense played their hearts out just to keep us in games. After a while, watching Pru's offense was killing me.

Simmons, Alontae, Thompson and Henry T were the only contributors on D that Pruitt really brought in. Bituli, Butler, and D. Taylor were Botch guys. Pruitt whiffed on a ton of guys that went to Auburn and UGA. He didn't really even develop the guys he landed. They mostly got by on their own natural gifts. Tim Banks and company made multiple guys that played under Pruitt a lot better.

Simmons, Alontae, Thompson and Henry T were the only contributors on D that Pruitt really brought in. Bituli, Butler, and D. Taylor were Botch guys. Pruitt whiffed on a ton of guys that went to Auburn and UGA. He didn't really even develop the guys he landed. They mostly got by on their own natural gifts. Tim Banks and company made multiple guys that played under Pruitt a lot better.
yeah...
just look at Banks and Jackson

Reactions: gainesvol82
You don't need great top end speed to be a great running back. It's actually more about 10 yard and 20 yard splits, how quickly you can get to top speed, start-stop-start ability, and vision. It's great to have a guy that's a threat to take it the distance on any given play, but not a necessity.
He's a leader above all. Disciplined. Man of the House!

I wouldn't want to run against him..:(

Reactions: swampfoxfan

The NFL’s all-time rushing leader, for example.

I wish Patrick Willis would have been one of them
Whenever I think about Patrick Willis, I think of Al Wilson just as quick. While yes, like any sane man, I would have loved to have landed Willis; however, if we had to miss on one, I'm glad we missed on him, and not Al.

VN Store

Back