Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished “13 Lives” on Prime.

Damn.
I was glued to Twitter during the 18 days they were there - I could feel the incredible power of the prayers from the depths of the souls of people from everywhere around the world. I sobbed when they were brought out.

Agreed. We are recruiting very well for a program that has been irrelevant since at least 2007. Just got to make bowl games, make noise in the SEC, put guys in the NFL, hang around the top 25 for a few years and then let things get rolling.

My view is that if the last 15 years haven’t taught you that no one is rolling in here and recruiting like Bama from Day 1, then you are clearly slow on the uptake.
It'll be quicker than that, otherwise I agree with you.

Padma is truly beautiful but I don't think Rushdie has ever avoided the spotlight so much as he's tried to avoid the laser sights. He's been a public figure for a long time but understandably has to keep to a more rigid security protocol than most. At his age tho, I wonder if he will make any more public appearances.

I think that guy is wired in a way where he won’t let “them” win.

FL is now 10th on 247. A&M will likely finish top 10 with the number of top players they are likely to get. TN and Fl will be battling it out for 5th in the SEC. If FL finishes 5th and TN 6th, is that good enough?
Good enough for what?

To win a solid 7-11 games a year for now? Yes. 100% yes.

Because Heupel just took a ragtag squad, won 7, should have been 10 if not for refs, while posting the greatest QBR in UT history...we also posted a +10 ppg margin, which is good for 8-10 wins in reality.

Also remember 3rd-7th in the SEC is going to be a near wash most years. The difference is marginal at best.

Outside of Bama/UGA, the rest of us are pretty much tier 2-3 national classes. That's fine. Rome wasn't built in a day. Keep building and (when the time comes - usually Y3) win the inflection games that are major changing points for your program (ie, Year 3 vs UF...Year 4 vs OU/UF).

I think that guy is wired in a way where he won’t let “them” win.

That may be true but there's enough damage to his body at this point that even though this incident may not kill him, it may very much stop him. When you're in your mid-70s injuries like this have a way of being far worse than they'd have been even in your 60s. I don't think he will quit in the sense that he'll give up but his body may not let him do what he wants to do after this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back