Tennessee Lady Vol News

I hate we couldn’t get a home game for TK. 😩 Would’ve loved to face the Tarheels and Banghart, with Teoni seeing what she missed out on! 😂

It's weird right. Duke, NC, NC St all have connections to TN or the state of TN in some way lol and couldn't get a game scheduled 🤔

I guess when your vying for the same recruits you might not wanna risk losing to that team especially in NC and with those recruits at the game ... Kim Barnes Arico is going in that boat for me too 😂

I just realized my post focused on what fans wear instead of the uniforms. lol In my mind I was extrapolating the situation into what I see as, possibly, even MORE non-orange in the arena for games once we've gone over into the color being an alternate uniform instead of just showing a little bit of it here and there. There's a pretty significant number of fans who hate orange and so never it to games. IMO, it's not about us on game day. The players look around to see how much orange is in the stands.

I just realized my post focused on what fans wear instead of the uniforms. lol In my mind I was extrapolating the situation into what I see as, possibly, even MORE non-orange in the arena for games once we've gone over into the color being an alternate uniform instead of just showing a little bit of it here and there. There's a pretty significant number of fans who hate orange and so never it to games. IMO, it's not about us on game day. The players look around to see how much orange is in the stands.

I wonder on the game they wear those jerseys will they have some sort of give away and have a "Sea of Summitt Blue" and do a shirt give away or something lol

that way the fans could represent and the players see that sea of blue for Coach.

It's weird right. Duke, NC, NC St all have connections to TN or the state of TN in some way lol and couldn't get a game scheduled 🤔

I guess when your vying for the same recruits you might not wanna risk losing to that team especially in NC and with those recruits at the game ... Kim Barnes Arico is going in that boat for me too 😂
Maria said they tried to get a game for TK😩

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I've never understood why someone chose a shade of Florida blue for the (not very strong-looking) LV logo in the first place. Now, thanks, to Vol12, we know: It goes back to 1968 and the fact that, strangely, nobody could make an orange uniform--or a uniform with orange in it--at that time. That doesn't seem to make sense--what, there was no orange thread/material or coloring to be had at that time? Apparently not. The combination of this blue and orange IS very close to the Univ. of Florida's colors, which is also strange. I wonder if our women's basketball program had remained strong and not deteriorated over the last 20 years if the UTAD would still be so fixated on the 1970s/1980s. Got too little going on in the present, so let's look wistfully back in time....
Columbia blue is not remotely close to the blue that Florida uses!

I think that’s what makes ours so unique is the accent of powder blue. It’s really attractive paired with the Tennessee orange, but that’s just me.
As long as it’s not pink and green I’m good with it 🤣🤣🤣. J/K. I love the blue and I’m excited about the Summitt Legacy uniforms.

I always wonder why people get so upset when there is an extra jersey added to the collection not to replace the main one but to add too. 😂 TN colors are still orange and white but them wearing those jerseys once or twice won't kill anyone lol ...

Plus kids like the switch up jerseys/gear? I can tell you Dark mode with the football unis is something kids like to see. This is honoring CPS so i say go for it 😁

Did you see the thread that just got quickly deleted? It showed our soccer players dressed in blue and orange, Florida’s colors. Teams imitate us, it should not be the other way around. It’s not about what might be pretty, personally I like Michigan’s blue and yellow, but they are not my school and not my school’s colors. Tennessee’s great legacy in several sports was made while wearing our special colors, Orange and white, and I have pride in that. I honestly don’t recognize my team when I see them in some other school’s colors.

Forever, GO BIG ORANGE!!!

What 😂😂😂 TN is still Orange and white but that doesn't mean we can't wear different colors to honor different things occasionally.

Do you not recognize them when they wear pink for breast cancer ? Do you not recognize them when they wear purple and white for Alzheimer's ... do you think it's LSU?

If you can't here's a hint they are probably the team wearing orange socks or shoes with the letter "T" or the word "Tennessee" written across their jerseys. 😂

What 😂😂😂 TN is still Orange and white but that doesn't mean we can't wear different colors to honor different things occasionally.

Do you not recognize them when they wear pink for breast cancer ? Do you not recognize them when they wear purple and white for Alzheimer's ... do you think it's LSU?

If you can't here's a hint they are probably the team wearing orange socks or shoes with the letter "T" or the word "Tennessee" written across their jerseys. 😂
Those are exceptions, and you know it. This is about changing our uniform colors from orange and white, to something else, for more than one game.

Not at all. They look like an alternate TN uniform
to me. Seriously, i love them and can't wait for them to debut but we just have different tastes and that's ok.
It’s more about our Tennessee tradition for me. The teams I respect are not changing their colors.

No, give me an example of the schools who aren't changing their colors ? and are we talking about football, all their uniforms, basketball?

Our football and baseball teams are already wearing gray and black, and our womens’ teams in at least 3 sports, (soccer, volleyball, and basketball), will be wearing blue uniforms.

Can you show where any of those teams in the list, for any of their sports, are dressing in other than their known colors?

VN Store

Back