Out of Conference Schedule Released

Pretty “easy” schedule compared to some years. Anything less than 10-3 with that schedule would be a disappointment, but really I think you should be able to go 11-2. Arizona the toughest matchup by far.
Texas is ranked higher than Arizona in most preseason stuff I’ve seen, Texas is home though obviously.

Reactions: VolPack22
I did see some fans online upset that they increased ticket prices only to produce a very weak non-conference home schedule. Can’t say I disagree. I was hoping for something a little better than Texas as the only home game worth a damn.

I did see some fans online upset that they increased ticket prices only to produce a very weak non-conference home schedule. Can’t say I disagree. I was hoping for something a little better than Texas as the only home game worth a damn.
I’ve never been a big fan of the preseason tourneys unless it was Maui. Feel like they take away from the home games for sure

That's a garbage home schedule, tbh.

Unfortunately, these happen based on timing (finishing the series at Arizona and agreeing to a third game in Nashville against Colorado) and on playing multiple neutral site games, which have become popular.

Memphis plays a pretty darn good OOC schedule but only plays VCU, Ole Miss, and A&M at home. Right now, I think UK's only big home game is Kansas in January. Kansas just plays Seton Hall and Indiana at home. Duke hosts Ohio State in the ACC/Big 10 Challenge and that's it. You should see UNC's home schedule- no P5 team.

We aren't the only one.

Reactions: Putbacks
That's a garbage home schedule, tbh.

It really is. Even the Thanksgiving tournament leaves a lot to be desired. Butler, USC, or BYU. Neutral site games continue to crush home schedules. I get the point behind them, but I hate them. If you’re a fan living in the state of Tennessee, or specifically a hometown person living in East Tennessee, you really don’t have a reason to go to TBA until January.

Wondering what time that Colorado game will be. Would like to try to come into Nashville and catch both the Titans and Vols in the same day but I doubt that would be likely. Also is it just coincidence that its same time Titans play Broncos or was that done on purpose?

What’s football bring OOC to Neyland? Not sure why folks would limit their view just to OOC, plenty of great conference games too. Much like football fans are gonna complain about ticket costs and yet ticket sales will be just fine.

Unfortunately, these happen based on timing (finishing the series at Arizona and agreeing to a third game in Nashville against Colorado) and on playing multiple neutral site games, which have become popular.

Memphis plays a pretty darn good OOC schedule but only plays VCU, Ole Miss, and A&M at home. Right now, I think UK's only big home game is Kansas in January. Kansas just plays Seton Hall and Indiana at home. Duke hosts Ohio State in the ACC/Big 10 Challenge and that's it. You should see UNC's home schedule- no P5 team.

We aren't the only one.
For some reasons our fans just like to arbitrarily complain without looking around the country at their current climate.

The way some of you are talking is as if we are scheduling like Texas A&M. This schedule isn't bad! Is it easier than year's past, yes,and I think that's why most are saying it's weak because you aren't seeing five top 15 teams on there. Arizona, Texas, Colorado, Butler, etc that's not bad

Reactions: Putbacks
Throw in Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, and Kentucky from conference to the home slate….

Potentially Kansas or Wisconsin could be an opponent in the Bahamas….

Very quality schedule is shaping up with plenty of challenges….

We aren't the only one.
Which is still infinitely better than our home slate. And I know we aren't the only one with a bad home schedule, but just because others are also bad doesn't make ours above reproach. I didn't criticize ours relative to anyone else's. Just calling a bad home slate what it is...a bad home slate.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
The way some of you are talking is as if we are scheduling like Texas A&M. This schedule isn't bad! Is it easier than year's past, yes,and I think that's why most are saying it's weak because you aren't seeing five top 15 teams on there. Arizona, Texas, Colorado, Butler, etc that's not bad
No one that I've seen is complaining about the schedule as a whole, just the OOC home portion, which is the part Tennessee actually has some control over. Of the 4 games you highlighted, only one is in Knoxville.

No one that I've seen is complaining about the schedule as a whole, just the OOC home portion, which is the part Tennessee actually has some control over. Of the 4 games you highlighted, only one is in Knoxville.
We were committed to B4A (not knowing our draw), Arizona away, Colorado neutral, Texas at home…swapping out 2 home buy games for 2 marquee home games would’ve quickly turned out schedule into what’s probably Top 10-15 SOS to a likely #1. Not saying that’s necessarily a bad thing, but I can get why we didn’t.

We were committed to B4A (not knowing our draw), Arizona away, Colorado neutral, Texas at home…swapping out 2 home buy games for 2 marquee home games would’ve quickly turned out schedule into what’s probably Top 10-15 SOS to a likely #1. Not saying that’s necessarily a bad thing, but I can get why we didn’t.
Still feels like a poor decision in a year where they are raising ticket prices. Think what you want about it, but from a fan perspective, it isn't a fan-friendly move. Forget swapping out two games. Even a one game swap would have made a big difference.

Reactions: sportsnut624

VN Store

Back