'18 GA RB Lyn-J Dixon (Tennessee transfer)

Pretty simple--- the kid has the talent... So does he come in and decide he wants to be truly part of a team, buy in, and carry his weight, or does he three-peat and go selfish-mode? Jury is out until this fall but I will give Heup the benefit of the doubt so far -- he's definitely interested in winning and being the best, but wants the right kids in place to make it happen with class.

Pretty simple--- the kid has the talent... So does he come in and decide he wants to be truly part of a team, buy in, and carry his weight, or does he three-peat and go selfish-mode? Jury is out until this fall but I will give Heup the benefit of the doubt so far -- he's definitely interested in winning and being the best, but wants the right kids in place to make it happen with class.
200 (2) (10).gif

Outside of Gibbs and Zach Evans, this was the absolute best option at RB we could have gotten. To get him at the beginning of training camp is basically the equivalent of a huge signing day flip. Hoping he is still in football shape, we need him. The two freshmen are super talented, but we need them to develop some.

He doesn't like the book learnin' so he went somewhere where nobody does the book learnin'.

Gotcha. Thanks. That’s confusing because Travis Henry could barely read or write but he had a good career here. But I guess he felt the grass was greener somewhere else.

Gotcha. Thanks. That’s confusing because Travis Henry could barely read or write but he had a good career here. But I guess he felt the grass was greener somewhere else.

Honestly I might not be the best person to answer your question. Maybe Tennessee's academic standards have elevated since the days of Travis Henry. All I've heard is thtmat Evans wasn't doing too well in the classroom and wouldn't have been academically eligible to play if he had stuck around.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

The entire curriculum could be "approximate your name on this piece of paper and turn it in to get an A" , and some percentage of athletes would still fail.

I don't think it's an intelligence thing at the end of the day. All the sham majors are just effort based coursework like junior high art class.

Honestly I might not be the best person to answer your question. Maybe Tennessee's academic standards have elevated since the days of Travis Henry. All I've heard is thtmat Evans wasn't doing too well in the classroom and wouldn't have been academically eligible to play if he had stuck around.

That’s crazy. Especially considering the amount of academic help available to the football players. But maybe he just didn’t have the want to do any academic work. But good grief, I mean all he had to do was make a C in every class. I mean he’s could have picked an extremely easy major and just made Cs. You should be able to make a C in your sleep. Oh well.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

The entire curriculum could be "approximate your name on this piece of paper and turn it in to get an A" , and some percentage of athletes would still fail.

I don't think it's an intelligence thing at the end of the day. All the sham majors are just effort based coursework like junior high art class.

That’s just baffling to me. I mean all he had to do was make a C in everything. I guess he doesn’t possess the work ethic.

Yet, he is eligible. Evan’s leaving had nothing to do with academics

VN Store

Back