'18 GA RB Lyn-J Dixon (Tennessee transfer)

Dixon left Clemson because a freshman showed up on campus and was immediately given the starting role after Dixon spent 3 years waiting for his turn. I don't think that's a sign of a bad attitude.
Idk about bad attitude, but it does sound entitled.

"Waiting your turn" hardly applies in sports. And though I can also see why you might want to go get more exposure as rb1 somewhere... I'd rather have a player that wants to fight for the job and want to prove himself the best. Jmo

Idk about bad attitude, but it does sound entitled.

"Waiting your turn" hardly applies in sports. And though I can also see why you might want to go get more exposure as rb1 somewhere... I'd rather have a player that wants to fight for the job and want to prove himself the best. Jmo
Didn't he do that for the 3 years prior?

He was the de facto next guy in line until Will Shipley got there.

Read some article about how great he was for sticking around after Eitenne came back, because everyone expected him to be the guy in 2020.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
So at your job, after you've fought and worked your tail off for a promotion and management hires a new guy immediately into the role. Whether he's better at it or not... what is your reaction?

Players want to play. If the freshman was or wasn't better than him is irrelevant. Perhaps he just wanted to go somewhere where he felt like he would get a fair chance to be the guy. Maybe after that WVa wasn't a great fit, maybe he didn't get along with some folks as well as he thought he would. Maybe he hated being stuck deep in the hills of podunk. We don't know. But maybe he's just being entitled. Before he left Clemson, they sang his praises. So, based on that... what would lead folks to think he's just a problem in cleats?

I think that's the article I was talking about!

Just reading that makes me think we are getting a dude right here. I mean he was going to be the starter on the preseason No.1 team in the nation with Trevor Lawrence just two years ago. We haven't even had anyone capable of that since Kamara and Hurd.

Hard for me to believe he won't come in here and have a major impact. Of course it may take a bit for him to get acclimated, but you gotta hope that he can be impactful by the Pitt game.

Really like to know the number though... As we have seen on this board there are LOTS of guys that entered the portal that have not landed anywhere. Would it be worth a couple of shots at one year guys where we have our biggest holes, or do we have some walkons we would prefer to reward? You don't get bonus points when you are below 85. Might be a situational goal line run stopper or a CB where the lights came on sitting out there.... or m aybe a misused guy that could help SOME at LB... hail mary type chances, but heck might be worth a couple of shots. Don't think we are going to find any all conference every down players, but just don't tie up next year counters.

List posted by LWS shows 80 scholarships. Look at 2022 Roster

He's gonna have what is probably his last big-time opportunity here. I hope he makes the most of it.
Tiyon Evans was about to be a star and walked away. Still scratching my head over what he could've been thinking.
Timon Evans- it was a dumb move on his part. He is now in a battle with two other experienced backs who have showed quality production. He was easily the starter here.

Didn't he do that for the 3 years prior?

Against other guys. But versus a freshman? Seems weak to bolt. Seems it was part of the wvu issue as well.

Guy seems to think he should just be handed the job because he's a veteran. Not the kind of attitude you want. Non-orange colored glasses view.

I’m excited about this addition. I like our current crop of RBs okay but he takes it to another level potentially.
And the beautiful thing is this system is so RB friendly. We've only had our top 2 RBs both average over 5.5 ypc once in the past decade...and that was just Y1 in Heupel's system.

Imagine if we ever land the 2nd coming of Kamara...or Stewart...or Lewis. Or maybe that guy is already on the roster 🤔 One can hope.

Timon Evans- it was a dumb move on his part. He is now in a battle with two other experienced backs who have showed quality production. He was easily the starter here.
He is easily the starter at Louisville too!! If healthy and if he is thinking straight

step-brothers-soooo.gif

VN Store

Back