Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you think neither should have been suspended?
Watson hasn’t been charged with anything. If he sexual assaulted somebody he would be charged. He’s definitely a creep but I don’t think you should be suspended for that.

Bauer literally got the charges dropped because the girl told her friend she was going to lie about the assault. Still go suspended for 2 years.

Calvin Ridley bet like $1500 bucks on Draft Kings or something. Maybe should have gotten 1 or 2 games for breaking the rules but 17 is crazy. $1500 bucks to him is practically pocket change.

Feel bad for Josh Gordon because addiction is crazy but he had a million chances. He failed one of his drug tests for alcohol… you literally have to be a little drunk to do that. Acting like he got suspended for 25 games for “weed” is just not accurate.

@Adam2014 I reread our posts.

My org point was that I was amazed that the
troll guy has enough time to care and to CREATE CFB conspiracies. Pretty big distinction there.

Guy is a total douche, mine wasnt commentary about our fanbase brau.

Reactions: Adam2014
He missed a whole year and hasn’t been charged with anything so not really
Not being charged YET means nothing. NFL athletes represent the sport, brand, and are often looked to as role models for children across the country (and more abroad every day).

He's been accused of serial rape and sexual assault by over 30 women. Almost all of them reporting the same series of events. Many wanting to remain anonymous and not prosecute because they fear fans and the league - but wanted to make sure their story was told. Of the 24 charges, he's settled with 23 of them and I assume they've signed NDAs.

The statistical odds of ALL of the accusations being false is small. Extremely small.

Regardless, as an "icon" of the sport and league, he has quickly become a black eye. The league has a baseline punishment of 6 games without pay for personal conduct (including sexual assault) accusations for this reason. The judge enforced the minimum punishment essentially, while the league actually sought to suspend him until March 2023 (2 years after the last accusation) and levy a significant fine.

So whether you think he's innocent (and IF he's innocent) he was required by NFL bylaws to receive a suspension at the end of the legal processes for the nature of the allegations.

Watson hasn’t been charged with anything. If he sexual assaulted somebody he would be charged. He’s definitely a creep but I don’t think you should be suspended for that.

Bauer literally got the charges dropped because the girl told her friend she was going to lie about the assault. Still go suspended for 2 years.

Calvin Ridley bet like $1500 bucks on Draft Kings or something. Maybe should have gotten 1 or 2 games for breaking the rules but 17 is crazy. $1500 bucks to him is practically pocket change.

Feel bad for Josh Gordon because addiction is crazy but he had a million chances. He failed one of his drug tests for alcohol… you literally have to be a little drunk to do that. Acting like he got suspended for 25 games for “weed” is just not accurate.
Deshaun has settled 20/24 cases outside of court. He should be banned for life. Sexual assault is okay now?

It gets worse. He's got a really bad criminal history that involves him being inappropriate with kids.

He got disassociated with the school and now spends his time making conspiracy theories.

His latest one is that Rodney Garner's name is forged on his contract and he never actually signed it.

What's painfully hilarious is that it's clear he is older and doesn't know that you can e-sign official documents these days. Like my entire home sale and new home purchase was e-signed documents until the official closing where I had to hand-sign a few things.

So yeah, Garner's name is probably autogenerated but only he can authorize the signature. Dude has problems.

@Adam2014 I reread our posts.

My org point was that I was amazed that the
troll guy has enough time to care and to CREATE CFB conspiracies. Pretty big distinction there.

Guy is a total douche, mine wasnt commentary about our fanbase brau.

Some people can get hyper focused on a single area and just fill in the gaps with nonsense. My brother is in his early 40s and has unmedicated ADHD and possibly something else going on. He can’t focus on competing nearly any task but he’s hyper focused on one topic and doesn’t relent from it. Anytime I talk to him the subject immediately goes to this single topic and he lets me know of all the perceived wrongdoings most of which are just fabricated things he’s filling in the blanks. This can go on for weeks or months then it will pivot to the next obsession. It’s exhausting.

Some people can get hyper focused on a single area and just fill in the gaps with nonsense. My brother is in his early 40s and has unmedicated ADHD and possibly something else going on. He can’t focus on competing nearly any task but he’s hyper focused on one topic and doesn’t relent from it. Anytime I talk to him the subject immediately goes to this single topic and he lets me know of all the perceived wrongdoings most of which are just fabricated things he’s filling in the blanks. This can go on for weeks or months then it will pivot to the next obsession. It’s exhausting.
As someone who has ADHD, so they say, I can understand where that can go.

My heart really goes out to him, as, I know the stigma associated with and around that.

I would encourage you, if you wish to understand more - to research how the brain works processing information. It's all about development. As brain matures, it's my understanding that the executive, frontal lobe - hypothalamus regulated functionalities arent governed.

Take for instance emotional regulation. Imagine a CEO or manager who must utilize a stoic resolve in business world. Application of correct emotions in certain situations, more specifically inability of body to regulate emotion vs cognition in stressful situations is problematic for ADHD. They're called executive functionalities.

These are things that develop faster for average folks, even into 20's. There are other items that folks struggle to regulate such as information processing, detail orientation, impulse control, etc.

I explain it like all the fish swimming into the net at once, with 0 filter.

Now, it's incumbent on each individual to learn what it is, how to regulate, and to control one's own behavior to societal standards. Anybdelays in public school system beget massive dropoffs in development. Math typically has to be practiced everyday, as that amount of detail is too much for ADHD folks.

I'm seeing it everyday with my oldest, girl.

Folks with ADHD typically gravitate toward folks that are easy going and laid back. There is a stigma that can be attributed to a lack of understanding. Research has absolutely changed in 30 years. Typically its the individual who internalizes the rhetoric associated with ADHD - that manifest into behavioural or psychological problems later in life.

And that is where real, actual problems occur. That's why I encouraged you, if you havent - to research.

We have to get our entire fanbase onboard with our collective. Imagine this RB conversation if we had landed Evans.

The big uglies like big bags too.

Hesitation is costing us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back